PDA

View Full Version : Santa Ana 1/14

Hotbite909
02-15-2015, 12:46 PM
Yesterday I planned on going to fish Corona Lake for trout. We left early in the morning and drove down to the lake. I was looking at the lake and it seemed that not many people where there fishing. I pulled into the driveway and got this gut feeling to turn around and just go to S. A.R.L. So I pulled out and drove to the other lake. I got there around 7:30 which was all good because usually my bites at S.A.R.L. always come later in the morning for me.
We launched our yaks and hit the usual spot. I had one bait rig set up already and casted out. Then I started to set up the other rod. Bendo! Fish on! It all started within two minutes of casting out my first rod! I pulled in a decent size Lightning trout that was a fighter and drag puller. Then my son starts hitting fish. The bite where happening steady but in a flurry because the shore would start to catch fish and then us. Later in the morning it pays off to be a little deeper in the water which helped us to limit out. The fish are there for sure. Just used the usual trout set ups. http://i1270.photobucket.com/albums/jj617/thegecko12/20150214_100105_zps680b76be.jpeg (http://s1270.photobucket.com/user/thegecko12/media/20150214_100105_zps680b76be.jpeg.html)

fishinglakes.com
02-15-2015, 06:23 PM
Wow, great work!

Mr T-rex
02-16-2015, 09:13 AM
Nice Work out there! The gut feeling paid off
Way to go

Hotbite909
02-16-2015, 05:15 PM
Thanks everyone. I finally think that it is getting dial in on the bait bite. But my worm bite is no good this year for some reason compared to last season. I got to get out there and spend time with the worm and different types of scent to find out if I get some fish. I prefer fishing plastics if I had a choice.

poopdeckpappy
02-16-2015, 08:57 PM
Wow those are some nice quality fish. Seems like the average fish this year is 2-3 with plenty way over that. I've already had my heart broken a couple times after epic battles..last one wrapped me around one of those bird roost tire stands they have been putting in. Hats off to SARL, keep up the good work.

Marley
02-16-2015, 10:00 PM
Nice stringer Hotbite! Love those lightnings, both on the line and on the grill. Good to see a few still in there. Hot plastics bite last Sunday was on bright colors, orange or green drawing the majority of the fish.