PDA

View Full Version : Wilderness Park Complaint

georatm2011
02-14-2015, 07:45 PM
Hello local city anglers, after complaining about how much damn trash there is at Wilderness Park pond, the rec supervisor "Terry" (female) assured me I would see improvement. Please feel free to call this number (562) 904-7238 and speak to Terry if the pond still looks like ****. I always pick up trash from the pond with my net and do my part, now its park staffs duty to help out as well.

Viejo
02-14-2015, 08:19 PM
Hate to say it but the people you need to be complaining to are the Local City "fishermen" who frequent the lake. The staff didn't trash the place. No different in our new local National Monument....They fill three trash trucks a weekend and that's just from the trash that gets put into dumpsters. The stuff on the ground just accumulates. You're dealing with a cultural issue....no not black or any other color....people who feel so disenfranchised that they feel it's OK to dump their crap where ever they happen to be. I'd find a place that's not so trashy (you will have to drive for it)

georatm2011
02-15-2015, 10:09 AM
To be honest i believe most of the trash that ends up in the lake comes from groups who are having bday parties and other events near the pond. I haven't seen many fishermen making a mess at or near the lake. The park staff have a duty to come around and keep the park and the lake clean. If they are charging to enter the facility then they should do their best to keep it clean.

Viejo
02-15-2015, 09:18 PM
To be honest i believe most of the trash that ends up in the lake comes from groups who are having bday parties and other events near the pond. I haven't seen many fishermen making a mess at or near the lake. The park staff have a duty to come around and keep the park and the lake clean. If they are charging to enter the facility then they should do their best to keep it clean. So my comment stands. We have a cultural issue where some groups feel that leaving their offal and trash is acceptable to the rest of us. Can you imagine the filth they must live in because they just have a meal and throw the trash on the ground every day? I hate trash in places people come to recreate!