PDA

View Full Version : 2/10

gcopple
02-11-2015, 09:19 AM
you guys wanted a review...here is one of a crappy day

caught 3 fish, 1 on a crank early and 2 later on drop shots. lots of fish action i saw shallow, water temp was in 64-65 range and it looks like things are about to get cooking. saw lots of fish paired up doing their mating rituals with all the rolling with each other and rubbing on rocks and stuff like that. the fish i caught were all pretty shallow 10ft-15ft and nice chunkers. crank bait fish was 3-13 and the other were both around 2lbs. i think fishing will get really good here soon. also, on my dropshot fish, as soon as i switched from a 4in worm to a 6in, i got those two bites, not sure if that had anything to do with it but it seemed almost instantly that i got those two fish and broke off another one when he got me in a tree.

i know not much help but i tried.

TUNAVIC
02-11-2015, 09:53 AM
Thanks for the report,I've found when you can see the fish easily in the shallow water I like to stay just far enough away were I can't see them anymore and cast to the area their at.
Seems like the closer you are the less they bite,unless thier guarding the bed,then it's a different story.

Cya Tuna Vic

ddoskocil
02-11-2015, 11:29 AM
Thanks for the report! Some is better than none...

noleash
02-11-2015, 12:21 PM
I'm setting up in 20 ft of water and throwing as hard as I can into 60 ft of water and sticking quite a few 3-5#ers. Your not going to meter those fish and most likley won't get them with your trolling motor in action! :LOL: :Shocked:

gcopple
02-12-2015, 08:24 AM
Thanks for the report,I've found when you can see the fish easily in the shallow water I like to stay just far enough away were I can't see them anymore and cast to the area their at.
Seems like the closer you are the less they bite,unless thier guarding the bed,then it's a different story.

Cya Tuna Vic

we did lots of just driving and cruising, checking for things and just pitchin around when we saw something. i agree, if the fish can see you, especially at DVL, you are screwed.

gcopple
02-12-2015, 08:25 AM
I'm setting up in 20 ft of water and throwing as hard as I can into 60 ft of water and sticking quite a few 3-5#ers. Your not going to meter those fish and most likley won't get them with your trolling motor in action! :LOL: :Shocked:

funny you say that we did lots of just putting around and checking points for action but saw nothing, it looked really dead out deep. it is funny because you say you can't see them metering and we didn't...good to know there are still some deep.

HawgZWylde
02-12-2015, 09:04 AM
We went out Tuesday and while running our trolling motor we stuck 17 fish mid depth to shallow. Did the same the prior Tuesday except we stuck over twenty between the two of us. That day was a money and gold day as we both stuck green carp and Smallies in the same depths. No need to fish deep, pre-spawn is on. Just wish the water would stain up a bit...

BassinPLS
02-12-2015, 09:05 AM
gcopple,

Thanks for taking the time to post your report. Every little bite of info helps. What worked and what didn't.

I shopped by Last Chance last week and talked with Matt. I asked him how DVL was doing and he said the bite was pretty good, that it was prespawn. I asked him if he was getting his fish on the D/S with smaller worms. He said no, TX Rigged 7"-8" worms, ("give 'em something to eat"), or on Jigs in 30'-40' of water. He said there are fish up shallow; but they are tuff to get to bite. Now all you have to do is figure out what color he told me they were on!

gogreeenz4
02-12-2015, 10:23 AM
We went out Tuesday and while running our trolling motor we stuck 17 fish mid depth to shallow. Did the same the prior Tuesday except we stuck over twenty between the two of us. That day was a money and gold day as we both stuck green carp and Smallies in the same depths. No need to fish deep, pre-spawn is on. Just wish the water would stain up a bit...

NAILED IT!!! I pray that bloom comes in heavy!

HawgZWylde
02-12-2015, 06:03 PM
NAILED IT!!! I pray that bloom comes in heavy!

It can't get here soon enough. Lol, I've got blades to break dude...

Fnguyen5992
02-17-2015, 11:42 AM

Dam hawgz!...17...really?

chompot
02-17-2015, 05:16 PM
Alright, I am dusting off the boat and getting out there this weekend. If you see me in my camo Ranger say hi.

gcopple
02-18-2015, 07:41 AM
i went back out on sunday and caught 3 fish again. all were good ones though in the 3.5-4lb range. all shallow in about 5-6ft. lots of fish and lots of getting my bait picked up and then nothing...thinking they were just mouthing it and moving it i guess...lots of swings and misses with out a bait when i reeled back in. i was throwing a flick shake, i couldn't get any takers on anything bigger.

gogreeenz4
02-18-2015, 11:06 AM
you drop shotting it or just wacky weightless?

Stinkbait
02-18-2015, 11:35 AM
Hawgs,
Where's the Tuesday report, damn it!

gcopple
02-18-2015, 11:59 AM
you drop shotting it or just wacky weightless?

i use the owner hooks and i think they are 1/8 oz. i was using a trick worm on it. if it wasn't for the decent size of the fish it would have sucked. i don't know why i struggle in the pre-spawn/early spawn so much...it is my worst time to fish, always has been. i guess what the fish are doing just doesn't compute in my head??

Stormcrow
02-18-2015, 12:22 PM
i use the owner hooks and i think they are 1/8 oz. i was using a trick worm on it. if it wasn't for the decent size of the fish it would have sucked. i don't know why i struggle in the pre-spawn/early spawn so much...it is my worst time to fish, always has been. i guess what the fish are doing just doesn't compute in my head??

Really? Wow we are just getting into my favorite time. I love prespawn

gcopple
02-18-2015, 03:59 PM
i loved it when i lived on the river and fished blythe, havasu, parker, martinez lake...but i just can't figure it out at DVL and perris...