PDA

View Full Version : 2/9/15 Dad scores a nice fish.

Spottie
02-10-2015, 06:58 AM
Hey guys, I convinced my dad to take me today after school (if all my homework was done). We went to one Cabrillo pier to check it out. It was way too windy so didn't spend much time there. We drove over to one our favorite LA Harbor spots and began fishing. I was fishing a big hammer 3 inch and my dad was fishing a gulp 3inch minnow and 3 inch big hammer. First fish I caught was a big lizard fish. That guy was about 12 inches. After that the fishing slowed down until the sun was almost set. I caught a grass cod about 10 mnutes before the sun went down. A few casts later my dad hooks up with something nice. This fish is pulling so hard and when he gets it up..... HALIBUT!!!! This beauty looks legal in the water. My dad runs to get the tape and I bounce the fish up. As we get her on the tape... 21 inches. So close to legal! We get a few pics and send her back down to the water. It was caught on a 3 inch big hammer city shrimp. Hope you guys enjoy this post. Look for more coming soon!!

http://imgur.com/IjPkwOp,jcQhF13,6P2zrpY#2

TUNAVIC
02-11-2015, 10:03 AM
As great an effort you and your Pop are putting in its just a matter of time we will see a picture of a legal flattie!

Cya Tuna Vic

BarracudaBen
02-23-2015, 10:22 PM
Nice Catch!!! Lizardfish can get annoying when you're fishing halibut but it beats a skunk