PDA

View Full Version : BPS Osprey Waders

FishinUSA
02-09-2015, 09:15 PM
Does anyone have any experience or comments regarding these waders? They are on sale this week for $89. Seems like a good deal....

http://m.basspro.com/White-River-Fly-Shop-Osprey-ChestHigh-StockingFoot-Breathable-Waders-for-Men/product/11100605012319/

Viejo
02-10-2015, 10:37 AM
I think they would be a good pair of waders for the price. They also sell a felt boot in the $60 dollar range that is a real value as well. If you know how to patch the inevitable leaks...they should last you a long time.

FishinUSA
02-10-2015, 01:49 PM
Thanks for the info!

DarkShadow
02-10-2015, 02:14 PM
I think they would be a good pair of waders for the price. They also sell a felt boot in the $60 dollar range that is a real value as well. If you know how to patch the inevitable leaks...they should last you a long time.

Viejo,

What company waders do you prefer?

I've had a few that always seemed to be patch worthy after a few outings. My current Simms waders have been solid. In fact, after a good year in service, I am thinking of dropping some coin for some upgraded ones.

Viejo
02-10-2015, 03:09 PM
I wear Simms Headwaters and would recommend to anyone to spend the extra and get a pair (as much as they can afford) The quality and incredible customer service makes them well worthwhile. They have been very good to me over the years. My first pair lasted five years of hard use and when I sent them in, they just sent me a back the new Headwaters. Mine had a busted seam. I also like the Simms boots...a bit pricey but mine have lasted four seasons and I've only had to replace the laces.

seal
02-10-2015, 03:17 PM
Viejo,

What company waders do you prefer?

I've had a few that always seemed to be patch worthy after a few outings. My current Simms waders have been solid. In fact, after a good year in service, I am thinking of dropping some coin for some upgraded ones.

The Simms I have just blew a leak! I patched them up solid and all is fine now. I've learned over the years not to just patch the one area, when I patch I go batshit crazy and seal seems all the way up on both sides. Figure going overboard is better than putting a finger in the dike. I still love um and I do use and abuse them usually multiple times per week. I won't go back to the White Rivers, not that they're that bad it's just that I've seen the light and spending the extra cash is well worth it. Would love to pick up the G3 or 4's but $400 bucks on waders is just not in the damn budget!!!!

DarkShadow
02-10-2015, 03:19 PM
I wear Simms Headwaters and would recommend to anyone to spend the extra and get a pair (as much as they can afford) The quality and incredible customer service makes them well worthwhile. They have been very good to me over the years. My first pair lasted five years of hard use and when I sent them in, they just sent me a back the new Headwaters. Mine had a busted seam. I also like the Simms boots...a bit pricey but mine have lasted four seasons and I've only had to replace the laces.

Viejo,

Ditto with Simms. I have a pair of their lower end waders (non-Goretex, but rather the one made with Toray fabric) that has gone a year and a half and has performed flawlessly. As far as boots, I'm using a pair of the Vapors which feel fantastic, since I prefer a more 'tennis shoe' type of feel to my wading boot, than the stiffer 'moon boot' feel that a lot of other wading boots have. I can hike 4 miles in them w/o any worries, and the cleats make the soles extra grippy.

People make fun because i'm a Simms whore but they do make some quality products. I haven't had to deal with their customer service (because all their products I've owned have never failed) but it's good to hear that they stand by their products.