PDA

View Full Version : Vaccinations

DarkShadow
02-06-2015, 09:33 AM
So apparently we're back in the 19th century and we are having measles outbreaks (http://www.cdc.gov/measles/cases-outbreaks.html) across the country.

What side of the line are you on?

Are you a "concerned and informed" parent who actually believes that vaccinations cause autism, hence you don't vaccinate your kids?

Are you a parent who actually does vaccinate their kids because you appreciate living in the 21st century and the advantages that come with it?

Or are you kid-less, and often wonder why I have to have my dog vaccinated by law, but parents can enroll their measly (pun intended) kid into a public school and infect others and pose an overall health risk?

Why or why not.

pcuser
02-06-2015, 09:38 AM
I had the measles. I had chicken pox. I had the mumps twice. I received no vaccines as a child. I also have autism. The idea that vaccinations causes autism is insane.....

etucker1959
02-06-2015, 10:59 AM
I usually don't quote any one, but Jon Stewart on Comedy Central did a great comparison. He used the Black & White movie, "Night of the Living Dead" as a good metaphoric comparison. The Zombies are the disease germs and the house is vaccinations. Everyone must do their part to keep them out, or "WE ARE ALL DEAD!!!"

On a more serious note. If certain politicians are so desperate to win and must cater to those low information voters, above the needs of public health "we certainly are going BACKWARDS in our politics!!!!" Here is some irony for you, most but not all that I've read of the pandering to the people (against what is in the best interest of the public) is being done by the Conservatives. These same Conservatives always want to talk about our Constitution, "in terms of what the original intent was of the writers." The original intent of the writers of our Constitution was not to let every Tom, Dick and Harry vote. This vaccinations debate among the Politian's pandering to those same low information voters. Would have been avoided had we kept the original intent of our fore fathers. Which the Conservatives seem to bring up every time it "SUITS THEM! How do they like it when the tables are turned!!!!!!

Marley
02-06-2015, 11:39 AM
I usually don't quote any one, but Jon Stewart on Comedy Central did a great comparison. He used the Black & White movie, "Night of the Living Dead" as a good metaphoric comparison. The Zombies are the disease germs and the house is vaccinations. Everyone must do their part to keep them out, or "WE ARE ALL DEAD!!!"

On a more serious note. If certain politicians are so desperate to win and must cater to those low information voters, above the needs of public health "we certainly are going BACKWARDS in our politics!!!!" Here is some irony for you, most but not all that I've read of the pandering to the people (against what is in the best interest of the public) is being done by the Conservatives. These same Conservatives always want to talk about our Constitution, "in terms of what the original intent was of the writers." The original intent of the writers of our Constitution was not to let every Tom, Dick and Harry vote. This vaccinations debate among the Politian's pandering to those same low information voters. Would have been avoided had we kept the original intent of our fore fathers. Which the Conservatives seem to bring up every time it "SUITS THEM! How do they like it when the tables are turned!!!!!!

You been hittin' the sauce, e?

etucker1959
02-06-2015, 11:51 AM
You been hittin' the sauce, e?
No!!! but I caught the wrong fish. I'll safely C&R the Marley fish, re bait and hope the intended fish bites. lol

Stinkbait
02-06-2015, 11:59 AM
I'm mixed on it. Heard on the news that as long as the numbers are 90% with no issues post vaccination all is well.
So 10% have issues with vaccinations. The number needs to be high 90s before all is well. IMHO.

Must say I do not get the flu, pneumonia or whooping cough vaccine anytime I'm pitched it at the doctor.
Is there a way to absolutely know with out a doubt what the gubment has approved for your injection?....
Tin foil hat dawned........

Marley
02-06-2015, 12:15 PM
No!!! but I caught the wrong fish. I'll safely C&R the Marley fish, re bait and hope the intended fish bites. lol

Oh my goodness, a sore lips day. HATE when that happens!

Marley
02-06-2015, 12:22 PM
I'm mixed on it. Heard on the news that as long as the numbers are 90% with no issues post vaccination all is well.
So 10% have issues with vaccinations. The number needs to be high 90s before all is well. IMHO.

Must say I do not get the flu, pneumonia or whooping cough vaccine anytime I'm pitched it at the doctor.
Is there a way to absolutely know with out a doubt what the gubment has approved for your injection?....
Tin foil hat dawned........

Herd immunity happens at 95%, I thought I read. Either way the anti-vaxxers seem to have caused the actual number to dip below 90% for the first time in decades, nullifying the concept.
I don't buy that the elites are any more intelligent than the rest of society, only more accustomed to getting their way. On the issue of vaccines, they just might have caused the resurgence of once-eradicated or controlled diseases.

seal
02-06-2015, 12:23 PM
Not taking the bait. Etucker needs a better presentation to hook this conservative.

etucker1959
02-06-2015, 12:26 PM
Not taking the bait. Etucker needs a better presentation to hook this conservative.
Nope, not fishing for Seals today!!!!! lol

City Dad
02-06-2015, 01:49 PM
thinning the herd, just thinning the herd...

DarkShadow
02-06-2015, 02:55 PM

Beats what they put into the drinking water (http://abc7.com/news/ca-regulators-allowed-oilfield-dumping-in-drinking-water/507542/), I say.

Shout out to Bakersfield!!

DEVOREFLYER
02-06-2015, 03:03 PM
I grew up and went to school as a child before mumps, measles, chicken pox and whooping cough vaccine was available. I caught as did most of my classmate’s measles, chicken pox in elementary school and almost died from whooping cough as a small infant. I caught the mumps as an adult from my children and it was not pleasant.

It was not unusual to see children and adults with leg braces and/or crutches from the crippling effects of childhood Polio before Dr. Jonas Salk invented the Polio vaccine. I had an Aunt that wore a leg brace from childhood Polio and down the street from my Grandmother someone was confined to an iron lung from Polio.

Small Pox was the only vaccination that was available back then (early 1950’s). My Great grand Father lived out his life wearing the scars from Small Pox.

Marley
02-06-2015, 05:00 PM
I grew up and went to school as a child before mumps, measles, chicken pox and whooping cough vaccine was available. I caught as did most of my classmate’s measles, chicken pox in elementary school and almost died from whooping cough as a small infant. I caught the mumps as an adult from my children and it was not pleasant.

It was not unusual to see children and adults with leg braces and/or crutches from the crippling effects of childhood Polio before Dr. Jonas Salk invented the Polio vaccine. I had an Aunt that wore a leg brace from childhood Polio and down the street from my Grandmother someone was confined to an iron lung from Polio.

Small Pox was the only vaccination that was available back then (early 1950’s). My Great grand Father lived out his life wearing the scars from Small Pox.

There ya go. Get vaccinated.
Member both-sides-mumps club.

DarkShadow
02-09-2015, 09:25 AM
Measles Parties (http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2015/02/06/public-health-officials-urge-against-intentional-exposure-of-measles/)!!

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/dance.gif

It's the newest rage, I've heard.

And in other news, apparently the UC system is now adopting the same standard (http://college.usatoday.com/2015/02/07/university-of-california-system-to-require-measles-vaccine/) as my local dog park, which requires my dog have his rabies vaccine before running around.

Way to go, UC systems!

Lady Quagga
02-09-2015, 11:56 AM
Be warned: Penn Jillette drops a couple of f-bombs, so the video might be considered NSFW, but the sentiment regarding vaccinations rings true.

http://youtu.be/RfdZTZQvuCo

(My apologies to those offended by pottymouths.)

DarkShadow
02-09-2015, 02:24 PM
Be warned: Penn Jillette drops a couple of f-bombs, so the video might be considered NSFW, but the sentiment regarding vaccinations rings true.

http://youtu.be/RfdZTZQvuCo

(My apologies to those offended by pottymouths.)

So I take it you still haven't gotten your rabies shot?

Lady Quagga
02-09-2015, 02:35 PM
So I take it you still haven't gotten your rabies shot?

Pleeeeease, I'm not one of these brain-dead anti-vaxxers.

Alas, you only get rabies shots after the fact. I've been doing my part, and avoiding the roving packs of feral dogs in East L.A.

DarkShadow
02-09-2015, 02:44 PM
Alas, you only get rabies shots after the fact.

Is your auto-correct changing 'herpes' to 'rabies?'

Lady Quagga
02-09-2015, 02:58 PM
Is your auto-correct changing 'herpes' to 'rabies?'

Haha, actually, I got vaccinated against the Hep, not the Herp.

The joys of the medical field.

DarkShadow
02-09-2015, 03:00 PM
Haha, actually, I got vaccinated against the Hep, not the Herp.

The joys of the medical field.

No wonder you're semi autistic.

Probably allergic to gluten as well.

DockRat
02-09-2015, 03:12 PM
My Dog got a vaxi nation...

Lady Quagga
02-09-2015, 03:18 PM
No wonder you're semi autistic.

Probably allergic to gluten as well.

http://s23.postimg.org/48loe6zcb/fenster.jpg

Why you gotta go and do that? I'm trying to make a point.

old pudd fisher
02-09-2015, 09:29 PM
I remember eating a sugar cube with the polio vaccine in it at school.45779

Marley
02-09-2015, 10:39 PM

A sugar cube? Hadn't heard of that way. I got drops on the back of my tongue but at the Dr.'s office. About the same time as he mixed up that smallpox potion on my arm.

DockRat
02-10-2015, 06:46 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yh6z2D3162A

City Dad
02-10-2015, 12:25 PM

are you sure it wasn't LSD?

DarkShadow
02-10-2015, 01:38 PM

I'm glad I wasn't the only person thinking about the most ingenious delivery method for lysergic acid.

That and Altoids, of course.

old pudd fisher
02-10-2015, 03:17 PM

Maybe it was ???

DarkShadow
02-12-2015, 02:06 PM
http://abc7news.com/news/bart-riders-restaurant-diners-exposed-to-measles-/513215/

Thank you LinkedIn employee for spreading a 19th century disease into our 21st century world! It's almost like we don't have vaccines to prevent this.

And, if you disperse a contagious virus to thousands of people via public transportation, shouldn't that be frowned upon? They should release those peoples' names so that perhaps society can shame them into perhaps vaccinating themselves and their crotch fruit for the benefit of the populous, or perhaps shaming them into their own personal bubble where they can live vaccine-free without affecting the lives of everybody around them.

OH, and DockRat, you think this LinkedIn employee was an illegal? Probably had just crossed the border, huh?

HawgZWylde
02-12-2015, 04:38 PM
http://abc7news.com/news/bart-riders-restaurant-diners-exposed-to-measles-/513215/

Thank you LinkedIn employee for spreading a 19th century disease into our 21st century world! It's almost like we don't have vaccines to prevent this.

And, if you disperse a contagious virus to thousands of people via public transportation, shouldn't that be frowned upon? They should release those peoples' names so that perhaps society can shame them into perhaps vaccinating themselves and their crotch fruit for the benefit of the populous, or perhaps shaming them into their own personal bubble where they can live vaccine-free without affecting the lives of everybody around them.

OH, and DockRat, you think this LinkedIn employee was an illegal? Probably had just crossed the border, huh?

Fail......

DarkShadow
02-12-2015, 04:51 PM
Fail......

Not vaccinating?

Or assuming that the illegals are the ones responsible for the anti-vaccination movement?

Lady Quagga
02-12-2015, 05:32 PM
Fail......

Not vaccinating?

Or assuming that the illegals are the ones responsible for the anti-vaccination movement?

Actually, I think Hawggy was having a Mitt Romney flashback......

HawgZWylde
02-12-2015, 05:55 PM
Not vaccinating?

Fail again. You're not intellectually challenged and know exactly what DR's post meant...Gonna deny it?

HawgZWylde
02-12-2015, 05:56 PM
Actually, I think Hawggy was having a Mitt Romney flashback......

Really bad fail. Not worth biting...

Lady Quagga
02-12-2015, 06:03 PM
Really bad fail. Not worth biting...

And yet, there you are, biting.

DarkShadow
02-12-2015, 06:08 PM
Fail again. You're not intellectually challenged and know exactly what DR's post meant...Gonna deny it?

Please explain what the video DR posted meant to convey, Hawgzy.