PDA

View Full Version : Ray and Shark Fishing Gear???

SoCalMike5657
02-05-2015, 06:36 PM
Hey all, so i been reading all this talk about the bat fighting and shark fishing and i want to join in on all the fun. So my question is what gear are you guys using? Size and action of rod? Line? Reels? and what kinda tackle and set ups are you guys using? Any help would be great I'm looking forward to joining you guys on all the action.

Mike

Pecci
02-06-2015, 06:12 PM
Hey all, so i been reading all this talk about the bat fighting and shark fishing and i want to join in on all the fun. So my question is what gear are you guys using? Size and action of rod? Line? Reels? and what kinda tackle and set ups are you guys using? Any help would be great I'm looking forward to joining you guys on all the action.

Mike

Hi Mike,

Can we assume that since you mention bat rays, that you are interested in bay &/or inshore fishing?

SoCalMike5657
02-06-2015, 07:42 PM
That would be correct I'm looking to do some bat ray/ shark hunting from the surf. So I'm trying to figure out what i would need.

exfactor
02-06-2015, 09:20 PM
a jigmaster with 40 pound, and a sturdy rod will suffice. Off the surf, a longer rod helps you stay above the waves, but also hurts alot more lol. Mud marlin will give you a good fight.