PDA

View Full Version : San Diego fishing

Spottie
02-05-2015, 07:24 AM
Hello guys, I am heading down to San Diego to visit my grand parents... so that means some fishing too! I have a spot that I like to fish that has spotties and Halibut I have some trouble with the Law enforcement. I am going to fish it but ninja style... Does anyone have any legal fishing spots that will yeild some fish? Pm me or you can post it on the thread if you like. Thanks guys!

Stumpknocker
02-05-2015, 08:30 AM
I was just down there a few weeks ago, but I was in a small boat, and I'm guessing you're fishing from shore...in any case, we had great results with spotties in the lower part of the bay, just about anywhere, when the tide was moving...I'd advise picking up some 4" gulp smelt and throwing them on a white leadhead...

John Harper
02-05-2015, 09:21 AM
What part of San Diego are you looking to fish? North County, Mission Beach, where?

What does law enforcement have to do with anything if you have a license and aren't trespassing or doing something nefarious?

There are good beaches all up and down San Diego County, the beaches in Carlsbad where I live are fairly productive for halibut, perch, yfc, etc.

Gulp sandworms in 2" camo using a Carolina rig works good, so do Kastmasters and Krocodiles.

John

Spottie
02-05-2015, 03:54 PM
What part of San Diego are you looking to fish? North County, Mission Beach, where?

What does law enforcement have to do with anything if you have a license and aren't trespassing or doing something nefarious?

There are good beaches all up and down San Diego County, the beaches in Carlsbad where I live are fairly productive for halibut, perch, yfc, etc.

Gulp sandworms in 2" camo using a Caroling rig works good, so do Kastmasters and Krocodiles.

John

Hey thanks for the tip. I am looking in the Del Mar and SOlana Beach area.

Spottie
02-05-2015, 03:54 PM
I was just down there a few weeks ago, but I was in a small boat, and I'm guessing you're fishing from shore...in any case, we had great results with spotties in the lower part of the bay, just about anywhere, when the tide was moving...I'd advise picking up some 4" gulp smelt and throwing them on a white leadhead...

Hey thanks for the help. I will try the Gulps because I have a fresh pack!

John Harper
02-05-2015, 06:19 PM
Hey thanks for the tip. I am looking in the Del Mar and SOlana Beach area.

Good beaches all along there. Try the inlet between Solana and DM to San Dieguito Lagoon.

John

murrieta angler
02-05-2015, 06:26 PM
Try San Elijo State Beach.
It has nice structure and lots of kelp grass, perfect for holding bass.
When you heading down there?
I am supposed to go fishing this weekend for a few hours on Saturday.
Let me know,
Robert
<><

Spottie
02-06-2015, 07:00 AM
Try San Elijo State Beach.
It has nice structure and lots of kelp grass, perfect for holding bass.
When you heading down there?
I am supposed to go fishing this weekend for a few hours on Saturday.
Let me know,
Robert
<><

I will be down there Friday through Sunday. Thanks for the tip I will try that beach!