PDA

View Full Version : Has the General section simmered down?

cutbait
02-02-2015, 08:10 PM
Since the poll, I've noticed a more pleasant General section.

Are my observations off base?.

I've also noticed the lack of posts from several of the regulars.

Did the poll do something here? Was a point by the boards overwhelming majority taken to heart?

Or am I imagining things?

cutbait
02-02-2015, 08:13 PM
Tom, Devore, Seal, Bucket, Pcuser, and to a lesser extent HawgZWylde and Tuck have been kinda quiet?

etucker1959
02-02-2015, 08:39 PM
Since the poll, I've noticed a more pleasant General section.

Are my observations off base?.

I've also noticed the lack of posts from several of the regulars.

Did the poll do something here? Was a point by the boards overwhelming majority taken to heart?

Or am I imagining things?
You're right on the money!!! The GD section is very tame now!!!!! Bucket is history, Tom and pcusher made peace with each other and the others don't want to start anything. Congratulations to the people who's ear's hurt for what was said in the GD section. (they now have peace) However, if anyone thinks the negativity in the other sections will stop, you will be very disappointed!!!! I noticed rug doctor started a bunch of crap last week. The first Green Carp will start spawning later this month. If anyone is foolish enough to write some fish report about catching a large female on a bed. WATCH OUT!!!!!!!! The other thing I've noticed, there hasn't been any increase in fish reports. In fact just the opposite is true, there seems to be less then ever. In fact this place is kinda getting on the boring side. If that keeps up, well you get the idea!!!! Remember that old expression, "BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR!!!!!!"

DockRat
02-02-2015, 08:39 PM
All better now, thanks CB.

Set the mood with;
The Girl from Ipanema.
Check out her pics here, http://sports.yahoo.com/news/where-the--girl-from-ipanema--is-today-021312749-soccer.html

Summer 1962. Rio de Janeiro. At the Veloso Bar, a block from the beach at Ipanema, two friends—the composer Antonio Carlos Jobim and the poet Vinícius de Moraes—are drinking Brahma beer and musing about their latest song collaboration.

The duo favor the place for the good brew and the even better girl-watching opportunities. Though both are married men, they’re not above a little ogling. Especially when it comes to a neighborhood girl nicknamed Helô. Eighteen-year-old Heloisa Eneida Menezes Pais Pinto is a Carioca—a native of Rio. She’s tall and tan, with emerald green eyes and long, dark wavy hair. They’ve seen her passing by, as she’s heading to the beach or coming home from school. She has a way of walking that de Moraes calls “sheer poetry.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJkxFhFRFDA

seal
02-03-2015, 07:59 AM
You're right on the money!!! The GD section is very tame now!!!!! Bucket is history, Tom and pcusher made peace with each other and the others don't want to start anything. Congratulations to the people who's ear's hurt for what was said in the GD section. (they now have peace) However, if anyone thinks the negativity in the other sections will stop, you will be very disappointed!!!! I noticed rug doctor started a bunch of crap last week. The first Green Carp will start spawning later this month. If anyone is foolish enough to write some fish report about catching a large female on a bed. WATCH OUT!!!!!!!! The other thing I've noticed, there hasn't been any increase in fish reports. In fact just the opposite is true, there seems to be less then ever. In fact this place is kinda getting on the boring side. If that keeps up, well you get the idea!!!! Remember that old expression, "BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR!!!!!!"

Full of complete crap as usual I see Etucker.

Cutbait your post had literally nothing to do with me not posting on here anymore. But I do hope that it helped for the sake of FNN to tone down the insanity on the General section.

Lady Quagga
02-03-2015, 09:00 AM
"Oh, you know, strikes and gutters, ups and downs." - The Dude

Don't go patting yourself on the back, cutbait. I've been participating on this board since 2005 (don't let the "Join Date" fool you). And mark my words - this lull, like all previous ones in General Discussion, won't last.

DarkShadow
02-03-2015, 09:09 AM
The other thing I've noticed, there hasn't been any increase in fish reports. In fact just the opposite is true, there seems to be less then ever.

The theory did say that the decrease of fish reports did coincide by the increase in drama in GenDisc.

That would mean that if the drama decreased in GenDisc, it would increase fish reports, right?

Because if it doesn't, doesn't that mean there is no correlation?

etucker1959
02-03-2015, 09:59 AM
Full of complete crap as usual I see Etucker.

Cutbait your post had literally nothing to do with me not posting on here anymore. But I do hope that it helped for the sake of FNN to tone down the insanity on the General section.
I love you too Seal!!!!!! lol

The point the outsiders are missing, yes the BIG 12 love to kill each other in the GD section!!!!! But their having fun doing it and in no way any of them including myself, are taking that attitude to the other sections. In fact the opposite is true!!!! Over half of the GD regulars including Seal, are some of the best posters on this site. Since no one wants to do fish reports any more. (Aqueduct section is the sole exception, but that's a tightly knit group of people) People may start to run out of interesting topics to write about and then there goes the neighborhood!!!!!

Lady Quagga
02-03-2015, 11:52 AM
Oh how I love numbers.

As of 2015-02-03 1100 PT, looking at that idiotic poll:

No-voters: 47
Total number of posts made by all no-voters: 41,095
Average number of posts/no-voter: 874.36
Number of no-voters posting below no-voter average: 35 (74.5%)
Number of no-voters with less than 100 posts: 14 (29.8%)

Yes-voters: 12
Total number of posts made by all yes-voters: 33631
Average number of posts/yes-voter: 2802.58
Number of yes-voters posting below yes-voter average: 7 (58.3%)
Number of yes-voters with less than 100 posts: 2 (16.7)

Total number of voters: 59
Total number of posts made by voters: 74726
Average number of posts/voter: 1266.54
Number of voters posting below total-voter average: 44 (74.6%)
Number of no-voters posting below total-voter average: 38 (80.9% of no-voters)
Number of yes-voters posting below total-voter average: 6 (50.0% of yes voters)
Number of voters with less than 100 posts: 16 (27.1%)

DarkShadow
02-03-2015, 01:21 PM
Oh how I love numbers.

As of 2015-02-03 1100 PT, looking at that idiotic poll:

No-voters: 47
Total number of posts made by all no-voters: 41,095
Average number of posts/no-voter: 874.36
Number of no-voters posting below no-voter average: 35 (74.5%)
Number of no-voters with less than 100 posts: 14 (29.8%)

Yes-voters: 12
Total number of posts made by all yes-voters: 33631
Average number of posts/yes-voter: 2802.58
Number of yes-voters posting below yes-voter average: 7 (58.3%)
Number of yes-voters with less than 100 posts: 2 (16.7)

Total number of voters: 59
Total number of posts made by voters: 74726
Average number of posts/voter: 1266.54
Number of voters posting below total-voter average: 44 (74.6%)
Number of no-voters posting below total-voter average: 38 (80.9% of no-voters)
Number of yes-voters posting below total-voter average: 6 (50.0% of yes voters)
Number of voters with less than 100 posts: 16 (27.1%)

Thanks for the numbers there, Tex.

For us non-mathematically geared folk, what do the numbers above actually say?

Lady Quagga
02-03-2015, 01:56 PM
Thanks for the numbers there, Tex.

For us non-mathematically geared folk, what do the numbers above actually say?

They say whatever you want them to.

One thing they definitely say - I had a lot of free time this morning. :Thumbs Up:

DarkShadow
02-03-2015, 01:59 PM
They say whatever you want them to.

One thing they definitely say - I had a lot of free time this morning. :Thumbs Up:

Channeled your inner Gallup, I see.

Ready for Hillary, LQ?

Lady Quagga
02-03-2015, 02:08 PM
Channeled your inner Gallup, I see.

Ready for Hillary, LQ?

Oh DS, you silly goose. You already know I won't be voting for her.

I do remember 2012 - to hear it from the conservative jackals on this forum, Romney had it in a landslide.

I am curious as to who the GOP plans to field this time around. A more moderate candidate stands an excellent change at winning.

If they choose to run a more radical conservative......well, I'll be looking at whatever gun-toting dope-smoking agnostic centrists the minor parties have to offer.

CD, any Sasquatch-advocates running in 2016?

City Dad
02-04-2015, 09:17 AM
Oh DS, you silly goose. You already know I won't be voting for her.

I do remember 2012 - to hear it from the conservative jackals on this forum, Romney had it in a landslide.

I am curious as to who the GOP plans to field this time around. A more moderate candidate stands an excellent change at winning.

If they choose to run a more radical conservative......well, I'll be looking at whatever gun-toting dope-smoking agnostic centrists the minor parties have to offer.

CD, any Sasquatch-advocates running in 2016?

Nader - he's tan, he's rested and he's ready!

Lady Quagga
02-04-2015, 10:02 AM
Nader - he's tan, he's rested and he's ready!

And he has a pro-Skunk Ape platform? This I gotta see......

City Dad
02-04-2015, 10:56 AM
And he has a pro-Skunk Ape platform? This I gotta see......

oh, LQ, you drooling Visigoth - it's not "Skunk Ape" anymore, it's "Alternatively Scented Primate"