PDA

View Full Version : SARl 1/31/2015

Mr T-rex
02-02-2015, 11:32 AM
Another Day on the water and talk about a Mice tail day
Me and my dad at it again doing our weekly therapy session, started off fishing at chris pond right across from the stocking ramp, threw out mice tails and powerbait set ups and it seems like they wanted the mice tails more than anything. we kept getting short hits so I knew what was the problem, I hook my micetails through the head so the tail is facing up, The trout grabs the tail but doesn’t inhale the hook! easy fix for me and it always works, I cut a piece off the tail and boom fish on . Mice tails were the hot bait and the trout were hugging the shore so casting about 5-10 feet out was really killing them and I missed a couple due to those short bites but once I clipped the tail it was game on
Finished the day with 10 trout average 2 pounders all caught on pink & white mice tails & also jigging a LGE green worm on a split shot
Once again big thank you to Fishinglakes for stocking quality fish
Get out there guys the fish are biting

Fish of the day This was taken at the pump house we moved spots and caught 3 all on jigs
http://i.imgur.com/bGjRQP0.jpg

This 5 foot Spinmatic ultra light rod really gets the job done
http://i.imgur.com/bP9vJIz.jpg

JAG107
02-02-2015, 05:38 PM
Great report man! I gotta try that lake out sometime for trout, since the Vine has been slow. Does anyone have any success trolling at SARL?

Marley
02-02-2015, 09:21 PM
Great report man! I gotta try that lake out sometime for trout, since the Vine has been slow. Does anyone have any success trolling at SARL?

The short answer, yes.

Mr T-rex
02-03-2015, 09:21 AM
I believe Marley fishes from his boat and he has luck. I never trolled the lake but i do want to give it a try
Get out to the lake the fish are solid and they are in there

etucker1959
02-03-2015, 10:15 AM
I've trolled the lake a ton with mediocre results. I have caught a few big ones on the troll, but the problem is where the fish like to swim. Most of the time when you're in a boat, your fishing in depths of 35-50 feet deep. Most of the fish hang between 18 feet and the bottom. When your flat lining trolling your going around 6 feet deep, not many fish hang in that zone of the water. Yes I have tried lead core with a small degree of success. It's just so tempting to go to the bait and Bingo your on!!!!!!!