PDA

View Full Version : ???might shut down dvl?

Fnguyen5992
01-29-2015, 04:50 AM
Heard that if the water drops another 3ft there Guna close down the lake? Is this true?

HawgZWylde
01-29-2015, 07:21 AM
Yes, unless they extend the ramp further. One of the workers there told me that that is being considered-at least a month or so ago when he told me-there are ramp slabs already poured up behind the marina store. But if we don't get any significant rain, DVL won't be the only lake to close...

gogreeenz4
01-29-2015, 08:55 AM
Is that what the big concrete blocks are up by the store? sad to see how low all our lakes are.....

Catch 'n' Release
01-29-2015, 09:04 AM
Not even for shore fishing? lame

Team Santana
01-29-2015, 09:39 AM
Is this for Rental boats & Shore fishing as well? Or just private boats?

bassman1958
01-29-2015, 09:47 AM
Read that last week in the Press Ent

Mr T-rex
01-29-2015, 10:54 AM
This definitely sucks to hear! all of our lakes are in deep need of water
all we can do is the rain dance and hope for some rain to fall

gogreeenz4
01-29-2015, 11:14 AM
rain is only a quick fix... snow is what you should be dancing for

HawgZWylde
01-29-2015, 12:51 PM
Shore fishing and rentals will remain available...

HawgZWylde
01-29-2015, 12:53 PM
rain is only a quick fix... snow is what you should be dancing for

That's correct. Or some sanity as far as eco-mandates and quagga mussels are concerned...

HuskerRod
01-29-2015, 01:13 PM
Seems that place is always on the verge of closing.

DarkShadow
01-29-2015, 01:29 PM
Shore fishing and rentals will remain available...

Rod!! You know what this means.

HuskerRod
01-30-2015, 12:59 PM
Rod!! You know what this means.

Rental Brigade 2.0

DarkShadow
01-30-2015, 01:56 PM
Rental Brigade 2.0

Precisely.

I gotta get the band back together.

etucker1959
01-30-2015, 04:04 PM
You know there is the other side of the coin. If you're a shore fishermen or don't mind renting a boat. Just think of how much less pressure are going to be on those fish. I don't fish the lake so I'm neutral, but I could imagine some people are jumping up and down thinking about all those $50,000 bass boats and tournaments not pestering the fish anymore!!! lol I think I just talked myself into giving the lake a try now!!!! lol

Askwhy
01-31-2015, 03:46 AM
You are absolutely right , the fish are going to get a good break from all those guys who catch the vast majority of them so on the flip side of the coin if your a fish this is great news lol.
See you out there in my rental lol

Dsrt Tortise
01-31-2015, 04:55 PM
As a private boat owner who spends his money on the upkeep of his boat I would hate to not be able to launch it like it was several years ago. That is the only reason that I don't get a yearly pass which I did every year since the opening until they closed the ramp the first time. I thought that this was supposed to prevent another repeat of a lake closure to private boats.I think that the rentals are just pieces of floating junk that should all be sunk for more fish habitat:!!!::!!!::!!!:

Dsrt Trtse :My Two Cents::Titanic::Titanic::My Two Cents:

carpanglerdude
02-01-2015, 06:14 PM
http://patch.com/california/lakeelsinore-wildomar/stones-first-bill-seeks-lift-restrictions-local-lake

Cool!

DarkShadow
02-01-2015, 07:34 PM
http://patch.com/california/lakeelsinore-wildomar/stones-first-bill-seeks-lift-restrictions-local-lake

Cool!

Where are the jet skis going to launch from if the water doesn't come up?

HawgZWylde
02-01-2015, 08:47 PM
Where are they gonna beach them even if they can launch?

noleash
02-02-2015, 12:34 AM
If they open it up to camping and water contact sports WHO IS GOING TO PICK UP THEIR TRASH....I will ...Then haul it over to Sen Jeff Stones vantastic home on the hill and DUMP it on his front yard! Then he could see what a wonderfull thing he did for his district and the nature preserve around Diamond Vally Lake!:Shocked:

noleash
02-02-2015, 01:12 AM

Cool!

COOL? There is NOTHING cool about it!! You have posted vids about how COOL the general public is to some of the most sacred areas in So Cal and anyone who frequents Lake Perris knows...fishing in COOL can be very disturbing...steping over trash and discarted dirty diapers, lake lice, modern art deplicting social illnesSes...and well...absolute discusting attributes of the digital age we live in! You know...No respect for anything except ones need for self gratification and own personal agendas. Well here is my personal agenda .... Save what will soon become one of the last unmolested >by the public< open lands in So Cal so people can enjoy Diamond Vally Lake just as MWD has created the standard that SHOULD NOT become compromised! PETITIONS and SOON to save DVL!!!:

fastdc5
02-02-2015, 03:01 AM
I hated El Cap. While focusing on catching my fatty, bunch of reckless ski and jet boat blasting thru with distracting loud noises. Now my local favorite dvl is going to allow this? Oh great!

Stormcrow
02-02-2015, 10:05 AM
Guys....DVL is not going to close. MWD will not allow the water to go lower than the ramp. They will draw down the water a bit for the spawn...as they do every year. But thats it.

I believe thats the agreement they made when the ramp was extended....

HawgZWylde
02-02-2015, 10:56 AM
Guys....DVL is not going to close. MWD will not allow the water to go lower than the ramp. They will draw down the water a bit for the spawn...as they do every year. But thats it.

Sorry Storm but you are wrong on this one. State mandates will over-ride any agreements made by MWD due to continuing drought conditions. They can and will draw it down to the point where the east end will literally be high and dry...

DarkShadow
02-02-2015, 11:16 AM

I highly doubt that.

No way MWD is going to purchase expensive å$s water to make sure fisherman can launch. Fiscally, that's almost impossible.

Anybody have an approximation on when the End of Days for launching may take place? I'm dusting off the ole baitcasters.

HawgZWylde
02-02-2015, 11:34 AM
I highly doubt that.

No way MWD is going to purchase expensive å$s water to make sure fisherman can launch. Fiscally, that's almost impossible.

Anybody have an approximation on when the End of Days for launching may take place? I'm dusting off the ole baitcasters.

It's not a matter of buying expensive water, where would that water come from? The estimate is if we get no substantial rain, or snow-pack, sometime between mid and the end of spring.

And why the h*ll are you baitcasters dusty? Shame...

Stormcrow
02-02-2015, 01:24 PM
It's not a matter of buying expensive water, where would that water come from? The estimate is if we get no substantial rain, or snow-pack, sometime between mid and the end of spring.

I agree with all of what you guys are saying. But the creation of DVL came with certain stipulations about ensuring recreational use. The last time DVL closed to private launches there was going to be a suit filed. I do remember that. To avoid said action the agreement was made to extend the ramp with the agreement that the water would never again be drawn down below the new extension.

This was what I was told at the time. Im not sure how accurate it is though. I don't believe DVL is going to close.

DarkShadow
02-02-2015, 01:39 PM
I don't believe DVL is going to close.

You don't believe the launch ramp will close, or you don't believe the entire lake will close?

HawgZWylde
02-02-2015, 01:59 PM
I agree with all of what you guys are saying. But the creation of DVL came with certain stipulations about ensuring recreational use. The last time DVL closed to private launches there was going to be a suit filed. I do remember that. To avoid said action the agreement was made to extend the ramp with the agreement that the water would never again be drawn down below the new extension.

This was what I was told at the time. Im not sure how accurate it is though. I don't believe DVL is going to close.

Well, I was told by one of the marina guys that they were going to add the already poured slabs that are sitting behind the store, of course that can only go so far. If we don't get rain or snow the state will over-ride any agreements made to any groups by emergency mandate and the lake will be drawn down to the point where the east end will nearly cease to exist which at that point DS, I'm sure the lake will completely close...

DarkShadow
02-02-2015, 03:29 PM
... the lake will be drawn down to the point where the east end will nearly cease to exist which at that point DS, I'm sure the lake will completely close...

Betcha 50 bucks that even if the water level does come back up in the future, it'll become Lake Matthews II - The Electric Boogaloo

gcopple
02-03-2015, 09:06 AM

Cool!

i actually can see the point that this guy is making in his bill he wants to pass or whatever it is, i just don't see why it has to include body contact and jet ski's. if the MWD had promised boat slips and golf courses as part of them making DVL then they should be held accountable for what was promised. i just don't see where they said they were going to allow things like jet boats and sea doos. that would suck for sure but i really don't think it would be much of an issue. coming from the colorado river originally (the home of lake/river lice) if there are no sand bars or beaches they won't come out. there are stretches of the river where you won't see seedoo's all day because of just that. why go to DVL with no where to beach when you can go to perris and they have an entire island dedicated to it? they can't just sit and float when they are tired of riding. boats is a different story but as long as they don't have to lift the motor requirements then, actually, nothing much will really change at the lake other being able to jump in when it is hot in the middle of summer. I really don't think it will be as bad, if it were to pass, as some may seem.

DarkShadow
02-03-2015, 10:50 AM

I got into a new hobby (philandering) last year.

http://www.sandafayre.com/Images/LandingPages/RareStamps.jpg

Matt_Magnone
02-04-2015, 07:42 AM
Bring it on. I'm all for PWC's and Body Contact. Body contact would allow float tubers and sit on top kayaks to be allowed in addition to wake boarders and yadda yadda yadda.

Think about it:

More revenue will keep the lake alive. Frankly as it sits, DVL is a sinking ship as long as people continue to not support it like they used to. Everyone has a gripe saying the lake is horrible, staff is bad, fishing sucks. No different than a mom and pop store. If the masses don't support them; business closes. Easy to figure out.

More business to Hemet and surrounding areas. Be real. Why come out to Hemet if you don't have to?

Potential recreation areas. Camp grounds, parks and picnic areas.

People have a tendency to cry when change needs to be made. Yes I'm not thrilled about the fact of hearing whiny jet ski motors buzzing around the lake, but it's a price I'm willing to pay in order to keep the lake from dying. It's not going to affect the fishing but rather have the possibility of improving it. I could go into detail but I really don't care to.

gcopple
02-04-2015, 09:21 AM
Bring it on. I'm all for PWC's and Body Contact. Body contact would allow float tubers and sit on top kayaks to be allowed in addition to wake boarders and yadda yadda yadda.

Think about it:

More revenue will keep the lake alive. Frankly as it sits, DVL is a sinking ship as long as people continue to not support it like they used to. Everyone has a gripe saying the lake is horrible, staff is bad, fishing sucks. No different than a mom and pop store. If the masses don't support them; business closes. Easy to figure out.

More business to Hemet and surrounding areas. Be real. Why come out to Hemet if you don't have to?

Potential recreation areas. Camp grounds, parks and picnic areas.

People have a tendency to cry when change needs to be made. Yes I'm not thrilled about the fact of hearing whiny jet ski motors buzzing around the lake, but it's a price I'm willing to pay in order to keep the lake from dying. It's not going to affect the fishing but rather have the possibility of improving it. I could go into detail but I really don't care to.

very true. i would rather have seadoos and jet ski's with an open lake than a closed lake nobody can use.

etucker1959
02-04-2015, 09:48 AM
I got into a new hobby (philandering) last year.

http://www.sandafayre.com/Images/LandingPages/RareStamps.jpg
DarkShadow, I know you're the most clever person on this website. So when you do something a little odd, I know it's was deliberate. Just in case someone wants to repeat something they learned here on FNN. The study or collecting of stamps is called Philately. Philandering for the mouth breathers means, "making love insincerely." We wouldn't want little Johnny to go to school and tell his class mates is uncle got him into a new hobby. "PHILANDERING!!!!!!!!!!"

Mr T-rex
02-04-2015, 09:55 AM
Ohhhhh man haahhahaahahh

DarkShadow, I know you're the most clever person on this website. So when you do something a little odd, I know it's was deliberate. Just in case someone wants to repeat something they learned here on FNN. The study or collecting of stamps is called Philately. Philandering for the mouth breathers means, "making love insincerely." We wouldn't want little Johnny to go to school and tell his class mates is uncle got him into a new hobby. "PHILANDERING!!!!!!!!!!"

Stormcrow
02-04-2015, 10:24 AM

And you...being liberal and all, know all about philandering don't you Tuck-It-Under Tucky? Isn't that true big boy? Goes right along with all your liberal buddies doesn't it? Hypocrisy, denial, dishonesty, embezzlement, deflection, corruption etc. Philandering fits right in doesn't it?

I'm sorry, I couldn't help myself.

I think its hilarious...A liberal referring to other people as "mouth breathers" LOLOLOL God thats funny.

HawgZWylde
02-04-2015, 12:57 PM
very true. i would rather have seadoos and jet ski's with an open lake than a closed lake nobody can use.

Mmmhmmm, you guys just want the bikinis that inevitably come with those Seadoos and jetskis...:EyePop:

DarkShadow
02-04-2015, 02:59 PM
And you...being liberal and all, know all about philandering don't you Tuck-It-Under Tucky? Isn't that true big boy? Goes right along with all your liberal buddies doesn't it? Hypocrisy, denial, dishonesty, embezzlement, deflection, corruption etc. Philandering fits right in doesn't it?

Uh oh...did one of your students slip you some of that liquid from your specimen jars again?

HuskerRod
02-04-2015, 06:08 PM
Be interesting to see if Jeff "and the family" Stone can indeed get any traction on the skier, jet skier, and body contact activities out at dvl. I myself have been dying to break out my new speedo out there on my jet ski

DarkShadow
02-04-2015, 06:24 PM
I myself have been dying to break out my new speedo out there on my jet ski

Cmon man, there's women and children who read these posts.

noleash
02-04-2015, 07:34 PM
Dirt Digging People = Shallow water fishermen that throw sinkos against the bank...:LOL::LOL::LOL::Shocked:

HuskerRod
02-04-2015, 07:42 PM
So i wonder if they open the place to jet skis if theyll have jet ski rentals. And will people take better care of the jet ski rentals then the deluxe bass boat rentals

HawgZWylde
02-04-2015, 08:32 PM
So i wonder if they open the place to jet skis if theyll have jet ski rentals. And will people take better care of the jet ski rentals then the deluxe bass boat rentals

Rentals for sure and no people won't take care of them any better. They'll probably also have a floating Starbucks out there too...

DarkShadow
02-04-2015, 08:40 PM

Rod,

Imagine how quickly you could get to those open water boils on a freakin jet ski when the stripers would blow up in the middle of the lake.

On the rental, by the time you pulled up the trolling motor, started the engine, pulled up all the lines on the rental and raced off, they would already be down.

Those open water boils still happen? Or did the stripers kill that too?

You think the dock workers will charge jet skiers if the rental they brought back had a scratch on it?

"The prop has a scratch on it....you owe us $50." LoL

HuskerRod
02-04-2015, 09:11 PM
You can always tell the guys renting jet skies at perris so i assume dvl would be similiar. Just look for guys disobeying all lake rules in restricted areas going out of their way to harass fisherman

noleash
02-04-2015, 10:06 PM
What about the family that comes for a nice weekend campout then sends little Johny and Sara out to play in the rocks and dirt with the Rattlesnakes?

Marley
02-04-2015, 10:15 PM
What about the family that comes for a nice weekend campout then sends little Johny and Sara out to play in the rocks and dirt with the Rattlesnakes?

Ah, the Darwins.

HuskerRod
02-05-2015, 08:43 AM
Cmon man, there's women and children who read these posts.

Shadow,

I figured the only people hanging around these boards these days are middle aged male lurkers

Dsrt Tortise
02-05-2015, 04:55 PM
Yeah right:!!!::!!!: Let's allow family camping around the lake. They could have rock climbing at the quarry area or maybe cliff diving:Bug Eyes:. How about a Pet Park also for the families who can"t leave Fido home for a day or two :Dog Piss: They could save the best for last, How about Rattlesnake hunting tournaments for different age groups, First Prize a free all included paid trip to Loma Linda Hospital"s Venom Care Ward and a spot in a future Discovery Channel series or such :ROFL:

Just imagine what a great future awaits us at the NEW DVL. More to come!!!

Dsrt Trtse

JAG107
02-05-2015, 05:36 PM
On the plus side, if they allow skis on the lake, the "ranger" will be too busy chasing down 10 year olds on seadoos without life jackets to be writing chicken $#!% tickets for tying off to the buoy line...

HuskerRod
02-05-2015, 06:46 PM
Yeah right:!!!::!!!: Let's allow family camping around the lake. They could have rock climbing at the quarry area or maybe cliff diving:Bug Eyes:. How about a Pet Park also for the families who can"t leave Fido home for a day or two :Dog Piss: They could save the best for last, How about Rattlesnake hunting tournaments for different age groups, First Prize a free all included paid trip to Loma Linda Hospital"s Venom Care Ward and a spot in a future Discovery Channel series or such :ROFL:

Just imagine what a great future awaits us at the NEW DVL. More to come!!!

Dsrt Trtse

I never thought of cliff diving in the quarry. ...that would be great. on a slow fishing day be a great way to cool off. Then we could jump off the floating restrooms and if no one is looking jump off the inlet tower.

HuskerRod
02-05-2015, 06:47 PM
On the plus side, if they allow skis on the lake, the "ranger" will be too busy chasing down 10 year olds on seadoos without life jackets to be writing chicken $#!% tickets for tying off to the buoy line...

Is their even an age limit for jet skis or do just need a pulse to ride

Starcraft16.5
02-05-2015, 06:55 PM
Water skiing on DVL when the algae is as thick as carpet I'm in !

Baja1ab
02-05-2015, 09:01 PM
Can't wait for the family of 14 with 1 Seadoo to show, use the launch ramp docks for their all day parking while they BBQ and let their paper playes blow into the lake while they blast music across the water. Good times.

noleash
02-06-2015, 08:05 AM
I know it's kinda lame but here is the general mentality of a jet skier>>>>www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_aIY4Fb79Q

etucker1959
02-06-2015, 09:24 AM
Even though the author of the bill intentions were to bring some jobs and recreational opportunity's to his district. Isn't it possible he missed the target, but hit the tree. Let me explain my logic, with California's drought and soon to be severe water shortage. (all caused by Global Warming) lol Isn't California going to be forced to do some radical and very EXPENSIVE things to bring water to the southern part of the state. In doing so they are going to have to sell it to the public, who in the long run are the ones who are going to have to pay for it. In sugar coating these big expensive projects, someone will probably say their will also be recreational opportunity's for ALL the public to ENJOY!!!! Not just for fishermen who want to fish on a quiet lake!!!!!

Dsrt Tortise
02-06-2015, 05:55 PM
F##K IT

I want to fish on a QUIET lake:!!!::!!!: Let the water lice stay at Perris and Silverwood....

Dsrt. Trtse:Big Grin::Big Grin:

BassinPLS
02-06-2015, 07:58 PM
F##K IT

I want to fish on a QUIET lake:!!!::!!!: Let the water lice stay at Perris and Silverwood....

I'd second that thought!

DEVOREFLYER
02-07-2015, 05:49 AM
F##K IT

http://i.imgur.com/Uza6PVR.jpg

rodless5
02-07-2015, 07:12 AM
If you want a quiet lake then you have to go to another state. I used to fish the waterways in northwest Arkansas/southern Missouri area for a week and only see 5 people the whole time.

DEVOREFLYER
02-07-2015, 08:05 AM
Spent two weeks last year in So Carolina at my ex business partners home on Lake Greenwood. Absolutely no boat traffic to bother the fishing when the lakes are as big as they are in So Carolina. http://www.southcarolinalakes.net/Home_Page.php

And you might just be surprised what you can buy comparable to California lake front property. http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/204-Seabright-Cir_Cross-Hill_SC_29332_M52193-14785?row=73

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1AT9LyD1EE

Baja1ab
02-07-2015, 03:13 PM
My dad is now full-timing it at his lake house at the Lake of the Ozarks. While on holiday weekends and occasionally in the heat of the summer there's boat traffic, the lake is so dang big it doesn't matter. And when it's cool/cold it's pretty much a ghost town. I absolutely love it there.

justice11
02-08-2015, 10:03 AM
Rental Brigade 2.0

Hahahhhahahahaha.

HuskerRod
02-09-2015, 12:13 PM
Yah, for freshwater fishing we are fighting battles others have no clue about. I spent summers in Minnesota for about 20 years. Land of 10,000 lakes (actually 13,000) makes for a little more fishing opportunity with less congestion then say socal fishing. I tell locals up there about lakes in socal with fences around them, entrance fees, and opening and closing times. Im not sure they believe me. I suspect if I lived up there I might lose my mind...................SO MANY FISH, SO LITTLE TIME. Of course, when I retire in 11 years or so................Im gonna give it my best shot up there.

ddoskocil
02-09-2015, 12:26 PM
It would be great if at least one of you guys who has been fishing recently would actually post a fish report. Lots of fishermen Sat and Sun (what I heard), and not one report? This website has really fallen off from what it used to be...

HuskerRod
02-09-2015, 01:01 PM
People are actually still fishing out at DVL???? I figured everyone was on shore huddled up discussing whether or not it will stay open or close and taking bets on the day.

Ill be honest, most of the action on the DVL forum here is just talk and conjecture. Not much in the way of reporting anything. Which means one of two things......... guys are tearing the heck out of the fish and keeping it hush/hush to milk the bite for as long as possible on the down low...or.....the bite stinks and it aint worth reporting anything.

eugenetedkim
02-09-2015, 05:11 PM
Went this past Saturday morning to do some bass fishing from shore but wound up fishing for trout. They were biting consistently at the first little cove right next to the ramp/docks all morning up until the time I left which was about 2:30 p.m. They were hitting tube jigs (light grey/green) and power bait (was using chartreuse). Everyone was having fun. The bite was on supposedly because of the plant they had there on Thursday. Supposedly the stripers will have taken most of the trout within 2 days of the plant so I'm not sure how it'll be from this point forward.

Fnguyen5992
02-09-2015, 08:47 PM
It would be great if at least one of you guys who has been fishing recently would actually post a fish report. Lots of fishermen Sat and Sun (what I heard), and not one report? This website has really fallen off from what it used to be...

Went to dvl saturday and boy was it packed!!! Line of cars went all the way to domenigoni rd. 3 bass clubs there, and were prefishing for Sunday's tourney. Bite was alright still caught 6, even tho there were 3 boats on every point. Bass still in the 25-30ft mark but I did see a couple start to come up towards shore in the rocks by the quarry. Fish are there jus a lot pressure with hundreds of boats.

noleash
02-10-2015, 04:57 AM
Went to dvl saturday and boy was it packed!!! Line of cars went all the way to domenigoni rd. 3 bass clubs there, and were prefishing for Sunday's tourney. Bite was alright still caught 6, even tho there were 3 boats on every point. Bass still in the 25-30ft mark but I did see a couple start to come up towards shore in the rocks by the quarry. Fish are there jus a lot pressure with hundreds of boats.

Wouldn't it just be better to just sell your Bass boat .... Buy a Boston Whaler ..... and focus on the outstandind fishery along the Southern California inshore coastline? Get a slip at any of the marinas nearest to your home and never look back!!!!:EyePop:

Fnguyen5992
02-10-2015, 08:12 AM
wouldn't it just be better to just sell your bass boat .... Buy a boston whaler ..... And focus on the outstandind fishery along the southern california inshore coastline? Get a slip at any of the marinas nearest to your home and never look back!!!!:eyepop:

nope! Cause im a bass fisherman

gcopple
02-11-2015, 09:14 AM
Wouldn't it just be better to just sell your Bass boat .... Buy a Boston Whaler ..... and focus on the outstandind fishery along the Southern California inshore coastline? Get a slip at any of the marinas nearest to your home and never look back!!!!:EyePop:

i wish i lived close enough to the ocean to do this...i would say bye-bye to the "freshwater bass" and say hello to calicos!

carpanglerdude
02-22-2015, 02:10 PM
COOL? There is NOTHING cool about it!! You have posted vids about how COOL the general public is to some of the most sacred areas in So Cal and anyone who frequents Lake Perris knows...fishing in COOL can be very disturbing...steping over trash and discarted dirty diapers, lake lice, modern art deplicting social illnesSes...and well...absolute discusting attributes of the digital age we live in! You know...No respect for anything except ones need for self gratification and own personal agendas. Well here is my personal agenda .... Save what will soon become one of the last unmolested >by the public< open lands in So Cal so people can enjoy Diamond Vally Lake just as MWD has created the standard that SHOULD NOT become compromised! PETITIONS and SOON to save DVL!!!:

You are probably with Lake Matthews staying closed, amirite?

The correct answer to increased enforcement of existing regulations, not closing off lands because no one cares to patrol 'em.

DarkShadow
02-25-2015, 02:40 PM
You are probably with Lake Matthews staying closed, amirite?

Was Lake Matthews ever opened to the public, even from day 1?

Fishingkid97
02-26-2015, 02:13 PM
Mathews launch ramp couldn't handle the donkeys of the public.

DarkShadow
02-26-2015, 02:15 PM
Mathews launch ramp couldn't handle the donkeys of the public.

Thanks for not answering the question.

gogreeenz4
02-26-2015, 02:22 PM
never not even one day....

chompot
02-27-2015, 06:03 PM
never not even one day....

Maybe not to public donkeys.... but I have a plan!

HuskerRod
02-28-2015, 10:22 AM
Shadow, i think it was. I had a buddy that invited me, but the guy seemed strange so i passed. He wanted to fish it only at night and preferred i wear all black. He also wanted me to wear running shoes. He also recommended i wear some kind of mask to hide my edinity. He also asked how i was at climbing fences, avoiding cars, trucks, and helicopters. What a weirdo.

carpanglerdude
02-28-2015, 02:19 PM
Thanks for not answering the question.

There was an attempt to open it by a local rep 1-2 years ago. We discussed it in depth on this forum. A surprising group of anglers here wished it would stay closed. Go figure.

BentRod
02-28-2015, 04:29 PM
There was an attempt to open it by a local rep 1-2 years ago. We discussed it in depth on this forum. A surprising group of anglers here wished it would stay closed. Go figure.
Interesting. I did not know this.

DarkShadow
03-02-2015, 10:40 AM

So, to answer my own question, Matthews was never supposed to be built as a recreational facility. Not from day 1. The local representative Kevin Jeffries withdrew his own legislation (AB 1686) after finding this out. (Apparently that local rep must be in the group that "wish it would stay closed.")

I'm in the group that say that the public has no legal recourse to force anybody to open Matthews and thus should not invest the public's time and money into doing so, which is what Jeffries also found out. Thus, using Matthews as an example of "What will happen if we don't let in jet skis and water skiers on the water at DVL" is a bit disingenuous on your part, akin to 'scare tactics' that politicians use to sway public support.

HuskerRod
03-02-2015, 10:45 AM
And I was just getting my hopes up Matthews might open up someday to the general public.

DarkShadow
03-02-2015, 10:54 AM
And I was just getting my hopes up Matthews might open up someday to the general public.

http://www.raglm.org/pdfs/AB-1686_Withdrawal.pdf

Don't hold your breath, Roderigo.