PDA

View Full Version : Tips for Huntington harbor?

parkermann2
01-24-2015, 06:29 PM
I'm taking my new kayak to the harbor tomorrow just to try it out and to get some gear at OEX. I figure id bring a rod and some big hammers and toss them around. Anything I should bring besides big hammers? Any spots I should go? I've heard on the harbor side of the pch bridge can be alright.

Thanks

flyngby
01-24-2015, 07:21 PM
You already got all the ammo, the time, the floating device, the gear and swim baits! Last and only time I hit it several years ago was best from the launch ramp before we boarded the boat for some nice spotties, we should have stayed there longer. We worked the whole harbor that day for a mixed bag of spottie's, sandie's calico halibut , sole and croaker. Suggest from the launch ramp down to the pch bridge from my limited time there.

Look forward to the report! BTY be prepared for this post to be relocated!

Steve

parkermann2
01-24-2015, 09:20 PM
Thanks Steve. Hopefully I get a few

bassfishing24/7
01-24-2015, 10:06 PM
Tides gonna be a big factor since HH is pretty shallow...float tubed there a couple weeks ago for a stinky skunk! Good luck!

one long cast
01-28-2015, 01:24 PM
Out going tide is the best, Work the docks around the Gas station. If you've seen the Harbor at low tide there is camel hump island new the string of net bouys. When the tide is going out fish ghost shrimp live or arti's rub a little hot sauce or taco bell hot sauce on the bugs. Red and clear plastic jigs are a good bet also.

murrieta angler
01-28-2015, 08:04 PM
Work the shade side of any structure.
The spotties like it there.
Good Luck,
Robert
<><

p.s. high tide is at 5:04, work it till about 9:00 -30ish.
It will be too shallow and the fish will swim out.