PDA

View Full Version : Canadian Ice Monsters!

Calicanuck
01-23-2015, 06:58 AM
Video Link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZiyzNvhPOc&feature=youtu.be

Walleye, Northern Pike, Burbot made up one of the best ice fishing days we've experienced Ice Fishing Alberta. We were fishing a drop off and the fish were thick, intense and very hungry. They were hitting soft body swim baits, slender spoons and large herring on tip ups. It was great to have the MarCum as I feel it helped me hook up on a lot more fish anticipating the bites. I also show a couple tips on how to lose less lures when fishing for big fish and how to rig a large bait on a tip up. Hope you enjoy the show. This is as high octane as ice fishing below - 25 degrees Celcius gets! Adrenaline rush ice fishing outdoors, haha Whoever knew it existed?

Brandon

Tom
01-23-2015, 09:57 AM
cbcbcbcbcbcbcbcbcbcbcbcbbcbcbcb

Big-Bob
01-23-2015, 09:59 AM
Great Video!

When I watch your videos it makes me miss Ice Fishing.

Stumpknocker
01-23-2015, 10:04 AM
Thanks for the vicarious ice fishing experience...I really want to catch and eat a burbot!

troutdog
01-23-2015, 01:07 PM
That kinda catching makes fishing in that kinda weather look very appealing....thanks for sharing your adventure!

TD

Brent
01-23-2015, 01:31 PM
I've never ice fished and hate the cold, but dang that looks like fun.
Wow those are some nice fish too.

Question: Can you eat Burbot? They look kind of like Ling.

Keep the videos coming.

Brent

Calicanuck
01-24-2015, 06:57 AM
I've never ice fished and hate the cold, but dang that looks like fun.
Wow those are some nice fish too.

Question: Can you eat Burbot? They look kind of like Ling.

Keep the videos coming.

Brent

I personally don't eat burbot, but people love to eat them. They don't have any scales so if you follow the jewish kosher rules this would not be a kosher fish. But they are a fresh water cod, so probably tasty.

City Dad
01-29-2015, 01:34 PM
Holy carp!!! You keep kosher?

Calicanuck
02-06-2015, 10:55 AM
Holy carp!!! You keep kosher?

Well I wouldn't say Kosher as the jews do. I Just don't eat fish without fins and scales and only animals with split hooves that chew the cud like the bible says. I don't eat much meat though, mostly just fish. My wife and kids are vegetarian.