PDA

View Full Version : Quick couple of casts 1/15/15

JustEYE
01-20-2015, 12:26 PM
Aloha and Mahalo,

First time poster here on FNN. I love the site and visit often to help me decide where and what I want to fish. I fish all types and styles (just not Fly Fishing- no offense but that's a whole other commitment).
I live not too far from the AV Duct and feel its been calling me. Thanks for the reports and tips (you know who), I intend to put them to use and hope to score.

Anyway, I was jonesen real bad and rushed thru some afternoon paperwork so I could get to the spot before sundown.
When I got there I had about 30 min before dark and I didn't have time to venture out far so I just threw near the siphon. As I approached there was a small flock of wild ducks that quickly saw me and flew away. Other than the ducks I saw no other signs of life. I threw the standard stuff like- lipless crank and fluke. This was just an initial scouting mission on where to park and access. Needless to say I got skunked but what a beautiful view of the AV with the sun going down.

I'll be back at it soon. Thanks for reading.

JustEYE.

Double A
01-20-2015, 12:48 PM
Oh yea!!! Another one is gonna fall victim to the virus...
Ductacidous.
Be for warned. There is no known cure.
Glad to have you aboard, and keep posting.

Fishbones
01-20-2015, 04:11 PM
Better luck next time..
Just keep at it and don't give up!!! It took me quite some time to get dialed in..

trail blazer
01-20-2015, 05:13 PM
You will get r done if you stay with it,,Cant wait to see the 1st winning session here on the duct page.

WELCOME ABOARD.

TRAIL BLAZER

Fishin4runner
01-20-2015, 05:56 PM
Yes welcome to the addiction..The duct can become a real obsession the more time you spend there the better your chances get...Keep at it, with a little patience and practice you'll hook one of those fat AV DD's.........After that you be there every chance you get.........F4R...

cutbait
01-20-2015, 07:17 PM
Get ya some!

Contact those av guys.. they will help.. they are not all that bad!

Fishbones
01-20-2015, 08:15 PM
Lol CB.

We try.. Hahaa..