PDA

View Full Version : the hemet hospital parking garage rubble uncovered with the low water.

pwynn
01-19-2015, 06:05 PM
This photo is from Bob Pratt a reporter for the p.e.

HuskerRod
01-19-2015, 06:21 PM
A probably have a couple dozen hooks attached pwynn. I need to get back out there again. Miss the good old days

pwynn
01-19-2015, 08:23 PM
thats the problem they were the good ol days...

DarkShadow
01-20-2015, 04:14 PM
A probably have a couple dozen hooks attached pwynn. I need to get back out there again. Miss the good old days

Remember the days when we'd be the only two boats on the water, Rod?

And the convo would go something like this:

"Hey, how many?

"Like 60."

"Yeah, sounds about right. And it's only 10 am!"

HawgZWylde
01-20-2015, 05:56 PM
Can't tell you how many fish I've caught off that pile of rubble. Donated lot's of lead there too...

HuskerRod
01-20-2015, 07:52 PM
Remember the days when we'd be the only two boats on the water, Rod?

And the convo would go something like this:

"Hey, how many?

"Like 60."

"Yeah, sounds about right. And it's only 10 am!"

Good old rental. Was it number 29 or the boat with the kfrog sticker?

DarkShadow
01-20-2015, 08:22 PM
Good old rental. Was it number 29 or the boat with the kfrog sticker?

You read my mind, Rod

That was the the ole rental that hauled *** to the quarry.

HuskerRod
01-21-2015, 01:00 PM
You read my mind, Rod

That was the the ole rental that hauled *** to the quarry.

I eventually figured out how to keep the electronics on the deluxe boat up to snuff...............don't turn the big motor off. Kept the batteries charged. and the year the quarry was red hot I never fished it once. no wonder I could never find you guys some days............ughhhh

HuskerRod
01-21-2015, 01:01 PM
I eventually figured out how to keep the electronics on the deluxe boat up to snuff...............don't turn the big motor off. Kept the batteries charged. and the year the quarry was red hot I never fished it once. no wonder I could never find you guys some days............ughhhh

The best day I ever had. Must have been 110 in the shade. Waves pounding the rental. Cast out real in fish. Time was ticking and lake the was close to closing. Milked every second to hit that magical number...50 bass. Hooks straightened, gear in disarray..............never forget it. I don't think I ever got another bite from that particular spot since.

DarkShadow
01-21-2015, 01:59 PM
The best day I ever had. Must have been 110 in the shade. Waves pounding the rental. Cast out real in fish. Time was ticking and lake the was close to closing. Milked every second to hit that magical number...50 bass. Hooks straightened, gear in disarray..............never forget it. I don't think I ever got another bite from that particular spot since.

The quarry experienced some amazing action during that time of year. We'd roll in at 7 am and there would be fish busting throughout the entire place.

Then before I can shut off the main outboard, Phantom is hooked onto two fish, one weighing 8 and one weighing 7. 15 pounds of bass on a spinning rod and reel and the trolling motor hasn't even been started.

Such a great fishery ruined by the striped bass. I call DVL "Castaic 2.0."

HuskerRod
01-21-2015, 06:47 PM
I remember that story. A 8 and 7 pounder on one cast....amazing. id be lucky to catch a cold in the quarry now a days.

GdHkSet1
01-22-2015, 08:38 PM
Pete any idea what these around the lake are for? Hey Rod get to dv and get some pigs
http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk51/GdHkSet/IMG_1317_zpsdab970af.jpg (http://s277.photobucket.com/user/GdHkSet/media/IMG_1317_zpsdab970af.jpg.html)

HawgZWylde
01-22-2015, 09:04 PM
Pete any idea what these around the lake are for? Hey Rod get to dv and get some pigs
http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk51/GdHkSet/IMG_1317_zpsdab970af.jpg (http://s277.photobucket.com/user/GdHkSet/media/IMG_1317_zpsdab970af.jpg.html)

That's one of the old ranch hand outhouse foundations Vince..:Shocked:..Shhhh! There's things like that all over the former ranching valley...

HuskerRod
01-23-2015, 08:44 AM
I remember that story. A 8 and 7 pounder on one cast....amazing. id be lucky to catch a cold in the quarry now a days.

I need to. Lot of good memories out there...and uhh,ughh quite a few tough days as well.

GdHkSet1
01-24-2015, 09:06 PM
Ah man I cant stop laughing...