PDA

View Full Version : Dana Point.

old pudd fisher
01-18-2015, 10:01 PM
Just looking at old photos tonight and found this one. It was around 1975 from the Reel Fun its me with a hook up. Fun times anyone ever fished on the reel fun ? I wonder if its still a around, been on it many times forgot to say that hook up was my first White Sea Bass, Don't know the pounds but it took me about 15 minutes to land it on light gear and it was set free. .4561345615

old pudd fisher
01-18-2015, 11:13 PM
I think I put this thread in the wrong place. General Discussion for non- fishing posts like intended to be. Maybe it will be moved to the fishing post part.

drc521
01-19-2015, 12:14 AM
Lol. Gave me a chuckle (the general discussion part).

Anyways.., keep posting these! I always find myself looking up Wikipedia and Google for photos circa the years you mention after you post these "historic" photos. I've always wanted to ask, since a lifetime of fishing is something I seek. How has pressure from the population changed fishing the past 30 years? Does it actually feel like there are less fish to go around? Or is that a fisherman's illusion/excuse for not being able to catch anything (I'm guilty)

DockRat
01-19-2015, 06:47 AM
Thanks for the pics. Anything besides endless babble is refreshing.
DR

parkermann2
01-19-2015, 12:43 PM
The reel fun is still around. I've fished it a bunch of times. We got into some tuna and a lot of yellowtail on it this past July on a charter

old pudd fisher
01-19-2015, 01:56 PM
The reel fun is still around. I've fished it a bunch of times. We got into some tuna and a lot of yellowtail on it this past July on a charter
Thanks that's good to know, that boats been around the block a time or two.

old pudd fisher
01-19-2015, 08:43 PM
Lol. Gave me a chuckle (the general discussion part).

Anyways.., keep posting these! I always find myself looking up Wikipedia and Google for photos circa the years you mention after you post these "historic" photos. I've always wanted to ask, since a lifetime of fishing is something I seek. How has pressure from the population changed fishing the past 30 years? Does it actually feel like there are less fish to go around? Or is that a fisherman's illusion/excuse for not being able to catch anything (I'm guilty) Still looking for the White Sea Bass photo but found this one. Got it in the Dana Point Harbor, bait and wait off the rocks. Took the Croaker home and grilled it,1975 I think.45620

TUNAVIC
01-19-2015, 08:54 PM
Ha,I had to look when I saw you post a saltwater topic,yup I've fished that boat but it's been quite a while,nice bend on that Rod pulling on that WSB,and you released it?
I've released them also,when they were short!lol,just happens to be my favorite eating local fish we get,so if it's legal its usually going home with me,thanks for sharing those pics,sure nice to remember when we were young,firm,lean,ect!

Cya Tuna Vic

old pudd fisher
01-19-2015, 09:13 PM
Thanks Vic I did a lot of saltwater fishing back in the day.

murrieta angler
01-20-2015, 06:33 AM
Thanks for sharing your memories,
Robert
<><

Jig-Guy
01-20-2015, 09:53 PM
Thanks for sharing your memories,
Robert
<><
X2 jig-guy

old pudd fisher