PDA

View Full Version : fishing slow but good

fishingboysdad
01-18-2015, 08:44 PM
so i convinced my dad to go surf fishing at Santa Monica beach. we got there around 7 am. so we walked down to the water and in like 10 or 15 min, caught a few small perch... after we tried for another two hours or so we decided to go to Marina Del Rey. we got there around 10 am and i caught a small kelpling, calico bass. I caught 2 calico bass, and a small sheepshead(opaleye perch..corrected by pops). Then before going home we stopped by at venice pier and fished for about an hour. I caught 3 small smelt and one big smelt. My dad caught a pretty huge smelt. Overall it was a good day...will have my dad post pictures later.......

first report from Fishingboysdad's son..

Tom
01-18-2015, 08:56 PM
Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

fishingboysdad
01-18-2015, 09:01 PM
we used small pieces of shrimp..i used 6 pound line...

Tom
01-18-2015, 09:03 PM
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

fishingboysdad
01-18-2015, 09:08 PM
must be a great fight
we could all learn some things from you
is one of the fish a Opaleye Perch?
I used to fish for them off the old marine land shore

oops..i thought that it was a sheepshead....thanks tom.now i know what an opaleyer perch is...

Tom
01-18-2015, 09:14 PM
Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

fishingboysdad
01-18-2015, 09:56 PM
ok tom i will thank him

Wingnut
01-19-2015, 12:47 PM
That's a nice variety... enough to keep you busy. :Big Grin:
Great job, you did much better than I did this past weekend. :Envious:

fishingboysdad
01-19-2015, 05:13 PM
That's a nice variety... enough to keep you busy. :Big Grin:
Great job, you did much better than I did this past weekend. :Envious:

thank you.....

bones
01-21-2015, 04:39 AM
Ahhhhh...Good times rolling with your Pops. Sounds like a perfect day on the water if you ask me. Great job young man!
You have done better in this report than most anglers right now fishing from the shore.
When I was your age (Back when Dinosaurs ruled the earth) My favorite times fishing were with my pops at MDR. Lots of critters to be caught there if you have patience for sure.
I'm glad to see the marina is still offering good times !

Looking forward to your next adventurous report!

Mike

------------<><

anchor3n1
01-21-2015, 09:03 AM
So good to see you out there hanging with Dad fishing. I can't imagine anything better enjoying the outdoors and catching a few fish. Way to go!!!!

I love to read your reports and see your fine pictures to. Please keep em coming!!!!

take care,

Nick

ichthus
01-21-2015, 03:41 PM
excellent work! Sounds like a great day! Props to Pops too!

fishingboysdad
01-21-2015, 06:24 PM
Ahhhhh...Good times rolling with your Pops. Sounds like a perfect day on the water if you ask me. Great job young man!
You have done better in this report than most anglers right now fishing from the shore.
When I was your age (Back when Dinosaurs ruled the earth) My favorite times fishing were with my pops at MDR. Lots of critters to be caught there if you have patience for sure.
I'm glad to see the marina is still offering good times !

Looking forward to your next adventurous report!

Mike

------------<><

thanks mr mike bones

fishingboysdad
01-21-2015, 06:28 PM
So good to see you out there hanging with Dad fishing. I can't imagine anything better enjoying the outdoors and catching a few fish. Way to go!!!!

I love to read your reports and see your fine pictures to. Please keep em coming!!!!

take care,

Nick

ok nick i will try.thank you

fishingboysdad
01-21-2015, 06:33 PM
fishingboysdad here..thanks to all fnn members who have given us advice and tips on how and where to fish...we appreciate it..also thanks for reading our posts.my son loves reading everyones replies whenever we make a report and he is online just about everyday reading reports and getting tips and info to become a better fisherman.....

fish4life
01-21-2015, 06:57 PM
Nice mixed bag! Its always fun to catch a variety of fish.

bachiboy
01-21-2015, 09:19 PM
Great variety of fish there. Sounds like a really cool day out with pops. :Wink: Keep on getting out there with him and I'm sure we'll be hearing about more adventures!

Don