PDA

View Full Version : This captures the Christians's hypocracy

pcuser
01-17-2015, 08:10 AM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/01/17/supreme-court-gay-marriage-2015_n_6419014.html?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000592

If you actually read this, you will see how evangelicals and many other Christians feel about respect. In this article, evangelicals say how they would react to SCOTUS protecting the rights of the LGBT community will depend on “We’ll have to see how gracious or vindictive voices within the LGBT community are in their responses,” Anderson said. “Will they become a live-and-let-live movement or a stamp-out-dissent movement? If there’s respect, there’s likely to be less pushback from conservatives.” Yet evangelicals mercilessly vilified that community for centuries, including torture and death in the past. More recently they were sinners. This the least insulting of what they said. Now, after all that, they need to be respectful of there tormentors??? This situation is repeated across the evangelical spectrum. Our way or the highway, or worse... So, when non-religious people fight back against this stuff, we're the ones who have no respect??? Where's the outrage...

DrePSP
01-17-2015, 10:19 AM
I don't think we will ever change the older christian generation of anti LGBT. It has to die off first. It's not even their fault. Kids and this generation growing up currently will be ok. But the society will be much dumber as a whole.....Thats a whole different discussion.
you need to check this out.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGC1cUyYXHo

santis32
01-17-2015, 10:26 AM
What about muslims,buddists,hindus,and etc?

seal
01-17-2015, 10:34 AM
This is much like the racial issues in this country. Hold on to the past and don't focus on gains and where we will be at in the future. Generation gaps in understanding and progress are changing slowly but progress is certainly been made and that progress will continue as the old guard becomes less and less of a voice.

You make a great point DrePSP but individuals like pcuser and many liberals love to hold onto the past and lump all into one basket. Note his use of the words in his title that basically puts us all in one neat little basket, that's what they do it's their forte. Develop an opinion about a group and place them all in the same bucket, sounds much like what they hate about those that racially profile yet they do the same to Christians.

pcuser
01-17-2015, 10:43 AM
I don't think we will ever change the older christian generation of anti LGBT. It has to die off first. It's not even their fault. Kids and this generation growing up currently will be ok. But the society will be much dumber as a whole.....Thats a whole different discussion.
you need to check this out.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGC1cUyYXHo

I agree about things getting better. In fact, I'm actually quite optimistic in the long term. The short term backlash from all the changes will make for some tough sledding. I'm afraid it's always been thus. Change is hard...

pcuser
01-17-2015, 10:50 AM
This is much like the racial issues in this country. Hold on to the past and don't focus on gains and where we will be at in the future. Generation gaps in understanding and progress are changing slowly but progress is certainly been made and that progress will continue as the old guard becomes less and less of a voice.

You make a great point DrePSP but individuals like pcuser and many liberals love to hold onto the past and lump all into one basket. Note his use of the words in his title that basically puts us all in one neat little basket, that's what they do it's their forte. Develop an opinion about a group and place them all in the same bucket, sounds much like what they hate about those that racially profile yet they do the same to Christians.

I don't hold on to the past. And I'm not lumping all into one basket. The issue of Christianity has been all over the board (Tom, for instance). This article is about 1 issue that looms large right now in this country. Also, the idea of respect was pushed to the fore by others here. This is a response to that discussion. I'm sure there are many others concerning other religions. However, we have Christians in this country trying to force others to live as Christians see fit. That's why it matters and isn't in the past... It isn't profiling Christians to fight against their attempts to force non religious people to live like them...

pcuser
01-17-2015, 10:53 AM
What about muslims,buddists,hindus,and etc?

They are less relevant to what's happening here today. The radical Islamists, or whatever they are called, are relevant and are much discussed...

pcuser
01-17-2015, 10:57 AM

You might notice I post other non religious and non political stuff as well. They often don't receive comments. I also start threads that are 'hijacked' by others. Sometimes, they don't even read the articles. This is evident by their replies...

seal
01-17-2015, 11:04 AM
The war has basically already been won on the gay rights front and abortion, a little mop up still but basically the wars over. The left needs these issues at the forefront or they lose a lot of their narrative although they still have that global warming thingy and racism so that will keep them in business for a while.

santis32
01-17-2015, 11:07 AM
I can only think of one christian extremist group versus thousands of islamic terrorist groups.

Secondly Islam is the largest to second largest religous group on this planet.

Do you see muslims setting up food drives,help the poor, and etc. KInd of like this. I do but its certainly not as much as Christians

In short you just dont like Christains because certain nembers in here happen to be Christain. This is coming from an athetist and you need to get rid of the hate. You make us look bad.

http://i1152.photobucket.com/albums/p497/_malina/FOOD/899651ec.jpg (http://s1152.photobucket.com/user/_malina/media/FOOD/899651ec.jpg.html)

pcuser
01-17-2015, 11:16 AM
I can only think of one christian extremist group versus thousands of islamic terrorist group.

Do you see muslims setting up food drives,help the poor, and etc. KInd of like this

http://i1152.photobucket.com/albums/p497/_malina/FOOD/899651ec.jpg (http://s1152.photobucket.com/user/_malina/media/FOOD/899651ec.jpg.html)

I never called Christians a radical group. However, as I said, until Christians, and any other group that tries to force their views on how one should live there lives, this is an issue. As to the helping the poor, that is hardly a Christian ethic. Even extremist groups help the poor. It's just that there message as they help the poor is sometimes far worse...

seal
01-17-2015, 12:01 PM
This is coming from an athetist and you need to get rid of the hate.

Just saw this quote from one of my favorite artists. Don't mind the grammar I focus on the meaning. I can't hold hate it destroys you.

Bob Marley

“Me can’t be prejudice. Me can’t me no think of life that way. Because, me figure if you prejudice, that mean you have a hate. If you have a hate inside of you, you can’t be righteous.” ‪

trail blazer
01-17-2015, 05:00 PM
Hmmmmmmm SO Pcuser your saying that helping the poor is not a Christian ethic? REALLY?

Iv never paid much mind to your thoughts , mainly because I see through your smoke screen.

Your art of intellectualism has Actually become nothing more then cleverly constructed HATE in itself.

I Am a Christian maby not the best one but I AM one!

And to stereotype me in such a way is simply insulting!

And you think that you are some kind of spokesman against ME?

I can only thank God that there,s still hope for you

AND Abought your link,,,,,,,,,

Let me just make myself clear , You are no doubt in favor of the < IMOP> deviant AND defiant behavior , I AM NOT!

AND no doubt that THAT will offend you and others SO WHAT! I have to deal with the freaks and you have to deal with the right.

IL pray for you both

TRAIL BLAZER

Lady Quagga
01-18-2015, 12:21 AM

Seal, Santayana would disagree with you.

There are those even now who have a twisted understanding of the history of America and the Republic. To adhere to their way of thinking would be to perpetuate the past.

BUT - How about we consider what I call the Third Side to this debate?

Feel free to ask me more.

Lady Quagga
01-18-2015, 12:26 AM
Hmmmmmmm SO Pcuser your saying that helping the poor is not a Christian ethic? REALLY?

Iv never paid much mind to your thoughts , mainly because I see through your smoke screen.

Your art of intellectualism has Actually become nothing more then cleverly constructed HATE in itself.

Let me just make myself clear , You are no doubt in favor of the < IMOP> deviant AND defiant behavior , I AM NOT!

AND no doubt that THAT will offend you and others SO WHAT! I have to deal with the freaks and you have to deal with the right.

IL pray for you both

TRAIL BLAZER

Yeah, you aren't a walking stereotype at all......

trail blazer
01-18-2015, 04:10 AM
L/Q How ya doing sweety?

I see your still stalking the BAKO BOYs hillbilly inspired intellectual incertations <I made that word up just for you, a little ammo for ya .

Here here,s something to work with,,,

Tell you what quaggsy, When you can be born again with some ball,s, Then and ONLY then Can you be a husband
Un till then YOU only qualify to be a wife NO more No less then a husband, But never the less A WIFE!..

LOL YES I said BORN AGAIN,,,LOL

More AMMO for ya

I CAN SEE YA NOW:mad:

And PLEASEEEEEEE No P Ms

Your still welcome on our boat HUN Just say the word.

T/B

Lady Quagga
01-18-2015, 04:49 AM
L/Q How ya doing sweety?

I see your still stalking the BAKO BOYs hillbilly inspired intellectual incertations <I made that word up just for you, a little ammo for ya .

Here here,s something to work with,,,

Tell you what quaggsy, When you can be born again with some ball,s, Then and ONLY then Can you be a husband
Un till then YOU only qualify to be a wife NO more No less then a husband, But never the less A WIFE!..

LOL YES I said BORN AGAIN,,,LOL

More AMMO for ya

I CAN SEE YA NOW:mad:

And PLEASEEEEEEE No P Ms

Your still welcome on our boat HUN Just say the word.

T/B

For posterity.

pcuser
01-18-2015, 04:16 PM

IL pray for you both

TRAIL BLAZER

It's not a Christian ethic, it's a religious ethic. Learn to read...
And what exactly is the "art of intellectualism"? And how exactly did I stereotype you? For which you are insulted? A spokesman against you. I don't even know you... How and where am I in favor of the deviant and defiant behavior? If you mean homosexuality, It's not deviant or defiant. As you might say in your world view, they are doing what God created them as. If you think you can choose homosexuality, you are NUTS. I'm straight and I never had to choose to be. I just was. I've never even thought of changing my orientation. Have you? Is that why you 'see' this as deviant and defiant behavior. Do these thoughts of yours frighten you. Maybe you are closeted.
What makes you think I'm offended by your ignorance. You shouldn't bother praying for me as it is a waste of time. I'm quite happy with my Atheism, not hate...
And lastly, I don't want to hear I attacked you. I'm replying in kind to your lovely little attack...

trail blazer
01-18-2015, 05:13 PM
Hmmmmmmm

WoW Sounds like HATE again to me!

You must NOT be that secure with your atheism OR you wouldn't have been rattled so bad by my comments.

Glad you liked the lovely little attack,,,,meant every word of it.

What makes makes me think that your offended by my ignorance? >because you took it personal,

There is STILL hope for you yet.

L/Q sweety As you probably can guess I think your great to!

TRAIL BLAZER

pcuser
01-18-2015, 05:43 PM
Hmmmmmmm

WoW Sounds like HATE again to me!

You must NOT be that secure with your atheism OR you wouldn't have been rattled so bad by my comments.

Glad you liked the lovely little attack,,,,meant every word of it.

What makes makes me think that your offended by my ignorance? >because you took it personal,

There is STILL hope for you yet.

L/Q sweety As you probably can guess I think your great to!

TRAIL BLAZER

It's not hate. I answered you because you put out false information, not because you got under my skin or rattled me. And I'm very secure in my Atheism. How can one be offended by ignorance? Perhaps sad for you. You failed to elaborate on anything you said. That means you said a lot of meaningless BS. Be offended or bothered by that. Hardly...

trail blazer
01-18-2015, 07:46 PM
Don't need to elaborate! done said it! wont play your little game.

Tell you what its yours The last word just calm down and relax your up! blow smoke!

t/b

Caliyak
01-18-2015, 08:40 PM
As a youth pastor, I know gay marriage is going to happen. I'm not scared or threaten by it. Actually, I say, go for it. The court will make my preaching a lot easier. The line will be drawn and you are either with God or not. What side are you on?