PDA

View Full Version : Any comments...

pcuser
01-17-2015, 07:55 AM
Personally, I don't care one way or another, but since some here are all about the Christianity...

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-junipero-serra-california-20150116-story.html

etucker1959
01-17-2015, 08:08 AM
Personally, I don't care one way or another, but since some here are all about the Christianity...

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-junipero-serra-california-20150116-story.html
I like him from a historical stand point. Spain had claimed California as Northern Mexico, the problem was there were no Spanish settlers in California. Other country's were starting to eye ball California has being ripe for the pickings. So the Padre established the mission system in California to get a Spanish presence all the way from San Diego to Monterrey to San Francisco. The missions were all a one day ride on a horse from each other and no breaks in the system. Which was no small feat, so I think he was a pretty special fellow and a big part of California's history.

pcuser
01-17-2015, 08:42 AM
But, what about making him a saint?

billystein
01-17-2015, 08:45 AM
ok pc, i have a question. is this your favorite kind of fishing?

pcuser
01-17-2015, 10:03 AM
.......No.......

etucker1959
01-17-2015, 12:52 PM
But, what about making him a saint?
Unlike some other's here, I don't like making some thing up because it feels right. I try to answer questions from some point of knowledge or logic. I was raised in the Methodist church and I am not very familiar with Catholic doctrine. So the qualifications the Catholic church have for Saint hood, I'm sorry to say "I'm very ignorant on." So I really can't and won't give an opinion on should he be made a Saint. But I do think he is a great historical figure in Norte California history!!!

Lady Quagga
01-18-2015, 12:33 AM
From a secular point of view, I can see how Junipero Serra's mission (and Missions) played a significant role in the development of California. I also refuse to blame him for the deaths of the indigenous peoples due to European-introduced diseases (something which was not wholly understood at the time). But as a Catholic (no, I no longer practice, but have yet to be excommunicated), I do not believe his actions warrant canonization.

DockRat
01-18-2015, 05:50 AM

If you don't care then why do you invest your time reading articles about Catholics ?
Seems rather odd a guy with your views is so obsessed about religion and then claims not to care.
Your a real piece of work. LMAO
DR

PS, watch and listen to this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2iEqb3WWgQ

pcuser
01-18-2015, 07:16 AM
If you don't care then why do you invest your time reading articles about Catholics ?
Seems rather odd a guy with your views is so obsessed about religion and then claims not to care.
Your a real piece of work. LMAO
DR

PS, watch and listen to this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2iEqb3WWgQ

I read about many things. Religion is simply one. I also post many topics. It seems that many here don't care about anything but religion and politics. That is why I said it seems here as if it's all about the Christianity or the politics. So, go suck it...

HawgZWylde
01-18-2015, 07:48 AM
I read about many things. Religion is simply one. I also post many topics. It seems that many here don't care about anything but religion and politics. That is why I said it seems here as if it's all about the Christianity or the politics. So, go suck it...

No one posted anything here about Christianity until you began posting about it. Tom posts one post in support of Christianity in response to all the anti-Christian threads and he gets thoroughly attacked and character assassinated, par for the course here. As for politics, who you vote for directly affects your rights to hunt and fish as Californians are finding out so it's fair game. And I disagree, most of us post fishing related responses and threads on a regular basis unlike some who never do, at least under their "general section" profiles...

Lady Quagga
01-18-2015, 07:54 AM
No one posted anything here about Christianity until you began posting about it. Tom posts one post in support of Christianity in response to all the anti-Christian threads and he gets thoroughly attacked and character assassinated, par for the course here. As for politics, who you vote for directly affects your rights to hunt and fish as Californians are finding out so it's fair game. And I disagree, most of us post fishing related responses and threads on a regular basis unlike some who never do, at least under their "general section" profiles...

Quit griping you old sow......

HawgZWylde
01-18-2015, 08:31 AM
Quit griping you old sow......

As you stated in previous postings, I can post what I want as long as I follow the guidelines set by the owners of this site. As for griping, that title belongs to you Darlin, you are the best at it here. "Old sow"? Lol, not much older than you sweetheart...

DEVOREFLYER
01-18-2015, 09:02 AM
Tom here is the "Real Deal" you and I and others know it to be true. If we are wrong at death we will never know, however if they are wrong they will know for eternity. Just something for them to think about while we don't have to worry or think about it.

Lady Quagga
01-18-2015, 02:03 PM
As you stated in previous postings, I can post what I want as long as I follow the guidelines set by the owners of this site. As for griping, that title belongs to you Darlin, you are the best at it here. "Old sow"? Lol, not much older than you sweetheart...

That's fine, keep griping you old sow. But at least be accurate in your squealing - your last post (http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?82868-Any-comments&p=755125#post755125) was not.

Lady Quagga
01-18-2015, 02:06 PM
Years and years of LQ trashing anything that has to do with Christianity whenever she can

What you fail to realize is that I've never trashed Christianity as a faith or religion. Not once. Find one example on this message board which proves otherwise.

santis32
01-18-2015, 02:33 PM
What you fail to realize is that I've never trashed Christianity as a faith or religion. Not once. Find one example on this message board which proves otherwise.

Sure you didnt and Im pretty sure you didnt trash other people too. I have a feeling you and pcuser have some kind of connection going on because if I was in charge th. two of you would have been gone.

pcuser
01-18-2015, 04:27 PM
Sure you didnt and Im pretty sure you didnt trash other people too. I have a feeling you and pcuser have some kind of connection going on because if I was in charge th. two of you would have been gone.

Yeah, you go with that. Any thoughts on what that relationship consists of? As to trashing people, I didn't start here trashing anybody. However, when you are trashed, you sometimes strike back. And what makes you the authority on this topic. You trashed me in a very personal and disgusting way. Your religion talks of treating others as you wish to be treated and to turn the other cheek. You must have missed that one in Sunday school...

santis32
01-18-2015, 04:37 PM
Yeah, you go with that. Any thoughts on what that relationship consists of? As to trashing people, I didn't start here trashing anybody. However, when you are trashed, you sometimes strike back. And what makes you the authority on this topic. You trashed me in a very personal and disgusting way. Your religion talks of treating others as you wish to be treated and to turn the other cheek. You must have missed that one in Sunday school...

I dont care I m a atheist unlike you I respect other peoples beliefs and opinions. About your connections its between the moderator and your group. It is obvious he is biased therefore you guys roam around untouch even though you violated the terns of agreement.

Lady Quagga
01-18-2015, 05:36 PM

Oh no, I've been quite critical of certain folks here.

And I am not interested in your hypotheticals.

pcuser
01-18-2015, 05:47 PM
I dont care I m a atheist unlike you I respect other peoples beliefs and opinions. About your connections its between the moderator and your group. It is obvious he is biased therefore you guys roam around untouch even though you violated the terns of agreement.

About you being religious, my error. And how would one respect you? You're the one who attacked me personally. So, do I respect you. Not at all....

City Dad
01-19-2015, 11:35 AM
can you imagine throwing plastics around PV kelps in the 1700s???

the only reason I'd ever get in a time machine...

Stinkbait
01-19-2015, 12:46 PM

.....or the skip jig around Catalina in the 1700s.

etucker1959
01-19-2015, 01:50 PM

Really City Dad!!!!! If I had 3 rides in a time machine, here's where I would go and what I would do. 1. Go back to the time of Christ and see if the crucifixion really happened and either become a Preacher to say, "it's all true." OR go have a drink with pcuser and say, "you were right all along." lol 2. Second ride in the time machine, I'd go back to 1914 and shoot that paper hanging son of a *****, "Adolf Hilter." 3. Last ride in the time machine, I'd be going to Washington DC in April 1865. My mission, "to shoot John Wilkes Booth right before he entered Fords theater." If I would want to personally gain from time travel, I would go back to California in 1848 and stake a claim on the American River for the Gold. But that would only be the seed money for the really Big score, I'd stake my claim to all of Mount Davidson. (the Comstock load would be all mine) That should make me the Richest Man in California by then. I could then buy Catalina Island as my personal play toy, and all the Beach front property from PV to Malibu. That should give a man all the Calico Bass habitat that he needs to fish for the rest of his life!!!

City Dad
01-19-2015, 03:23 PM
Really City Dad!!!!! If I had 3 rides in a time machine, here's where I would go and what I would do. 1. Go back to the time of Christ and see if the crucifixion really happened and either become a Preacher to say, "it's all true." OR go have a drink with pcusher and say, "you were right all along." lol 2. Second ride in the time machine, I'd go back to 1914 and shoot that paper hanging son of a *****, "Adolf Hilter." 3. Last ride in the time machine, I'd be going to Washington DC in April 1865. To shoot John Wilkes Booth right before he entered Fords theater. If I want personally gain, I would go back to California in 1848 and stake a claim on the American River for the Gold. But that would only be the seed money for the really Big score, I'd stake a claim to all of Mount Davidson. (the Comstock load would be all mine) That should make me the Richest Man in California by then. I could then buy Catalina Island as my personal play toy, and all the Beach front property from PV to Malibu. That should give a man all the Calico Bass habitat that he needs to fish for the rest of his life!!!

Dude, that's crazy talk.

etucker1959
01-19-2015, 05:48 PM
Dude, that's crazy talk.
Actually the great minds like Einstein have said, "time travel is theoretically possible." So if I ever ran into a time traveler and he said, "where do you want to go????" I've already got this all figured out!!!!! lol

noleash
01-19-2015, 07:36 PM
About you being religious, my error. And how would one respect you? You're the one who attacked me personally. So, do I respect you. Not at all....

www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjlvLNwMwQM

noleash
01-19-2015, 07:39 PM
www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjlvLNwMwQM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txQ6t4yPIM0

City Dad
01-20-2015, 09:34 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txQ6t4yPIM0

Cool. you ever check out ASMR sites? There's a couple that can put me to sleep in sec............................................... .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ..............

City Dad
01-20-2015, 09:36 AM
Actually the great minds like Einstein have said, "time travel is theoretically possible." So if I ever ran into a time traveler and he said, "where do you want to go????" I've already got this all figured out!!!!! lol

dude, time travel is worthless without a cloak of invisibility. you know this

DarkShadow
01-20-2015, 09:37 AM

Or Castaic for the big largemouth!

Or the aqueduct for big stripers!!

City Dad
01-20-2015, 10:04 AM
Or Castaic for the big largemouth!

Or the aqueduct for big stripers!!

Eastern Sierra for pristine brook trout.

Lady Quagga
01-20-2015, 10:10 AM
Carp in the Colorado River.

DarkShadow
01-20-2015, 10:14 AM
The hawgz in Echo Park Lake.

The huge tilapia in Balboa.

City Dad
01-20-2015, 12:17 PM
crovina in the Salton Sea

Lady Quagga
01-20-2015, 12:38 PM
Northern Pike in Lake Davis.

WAIT A MINUTE WHO SAID THAT?

Lady Quagga
01-20-2015, 12:41 PM
Pike were moved into Davis lake a few years ago by other than DFG
I thought they poisoned the lake to get rid of them

http://images.sodahead.com/blogs/000328093/picard_facepalm_xlarge.jpeg

etucker1959
01-20-2015, 12:56 PM
crovina in the Salton Sea
I thought about that one. I was going to go in the early 1990's and didn't get around to it!!!

Lady Quagga
01-20-2015, 12:57 PM
http://troutunderground.com/2007/09/lake-davis-poisoned-again-will-we-kill-the-pike-this-time/
http://articles.latimes.com/keyword/lake-davis
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTGyD301_Go

You obviously missed the point of the posts leading up to yours. Which doesn't surprise me in the least.

DockRat
01-20-2015, 06:51 PM
i am sure it is information most did not about

What ???????

DarkShadow
01-20-2015, 08:35 PM
What ???????

DR, we are as confused as everyone else.

(Which says something)

DockRat
01-21-2015, 06:56 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?x-yt-ts=1421828030&x-yt-cl=84411374&v=GsrB6CorBA4

City Dad
01-21-2015, 02:15 PM
I thought about that one. I was going to go in the early 1990's and didn't get around to it!!!

limits of coelacanth on the Luckycraft... actually, I think you can still do that