PDA

View Full Version : A $6,300 question

pcuser
01-14-2015, 01:28 PM
What percentage of the U.S. population would return this wallet as in this story.
https://gma.yahoo.com/lost-wallet-6-300-cash-returned-owner-201047752.html

old pudd fisher
01-14-2015, 05:20 PM
I found a wallet in the street years ago and it had a little over a $100 bucks in it and a not yet cashed pay check in it with full ID. I took it to the police department and they took down my phone number and address. I am sure they found the owner of the wallet but never even got a thank you from them. Oh well I did the right thing.

pcuser
01-14-2015, 06:00 PM
I found a wallet in the street years ago and it had a little over a $100 bucks in it and a not yet cashed pay check in it with full ID. I took it to the police department and they took down my phone number and address. I am sure they found the owner of the wallet but never even got a thank you from them. Oh well I did the right thing.

I found one maybe 20 years ago with maybe $300 cash with ID. I simply called the owner and took it to him. That way, no one in the store where I found it couldn't pocket it. I'm not surprised you did the right thing, OPF. You seem like that kind of guy. I think most people would do the right thing.

DockRat
01-14-2015, 06:20 PM
Might think about doing a drive by to check out his crib.
Big mansion with fancy cars might make one think about it ?

old pudd fisher
01-14-2015, 06:47 PM
Naw.........Its not my stuff.

pcuser
01-14-2015, 07:38 PM
Might think about doing a drive by to check out his crib.
Big mansion with fancy cars might make one think about it ?

Why? It's still his money. I wouldn't keep it. It's not right...

pcuser
01-14-2015, 07:39 PM
Naw.........Its not my stuff.

I didn't see your response before I responded. However, we are right. It is his stuff...

fisherman951
01-14-2015, 09:11 PM
the only thing that bothers me sometimes is that if you do the right thing, you don't even get a thanx you.

DEVOREFLYER
01-15-2015, 04:39 AM
You don't do the right thing for the thanks, you do the right thing because it's the right thing to do. I was brought up old school to do the right thing even when no one is watching. We also didn't get participation trophies we had to earn them......

pcuser
01-15-2015, 07:00 AM
You don't do the right thing for the thanks, you do the right thing because it's the right thing to do. I was brought up old school to do the right thing even when no one is watching. We also didn't get participation trophies we had to earn them......

Exactly...

DEVOREFLYER
01-15-2015, 07:03 AM
Exactly...

Well we finally agree on something, thank you God there is hope...................:Envious:

pcuser
01-15-2015, 07:21 AM
Well we finally agree on something, thank you God there is hope...................:Envious:

I'm sure we agree on many things... We are simply more aware about the things we differ on. Besides, when you're right, you're right...