PDA

View Full Version : New East Coast Transplant Looking for Help

Phud
01-14-2015, 08:09 AM
Just moved from the Philly area and brought my 23' Walkaround along. Going to keep her at Dana Point and looking for some tips/pointers, do's and don't do's. I've always done well fishing on the Atlantic side, but am total newbie on the Pacific.

Any help would be appreciated.

Fishbones
01-14-2015, 02:42 PM
Welcome to the site.
I'm sure some of the private boaters will chime in with some tips and info.
Good luck!
Alex aka fishbones

bighuff
01-14-2015, 04:16 PM
Welcome to our coast. Dana is a good starting point because our local bass action has been phenomenal this winter. The Dana pipe which is a well known spot and easy to find. Type it into google and you should get some coordinates. It's right outside the harbor and has lots of big stones. Plus right now all the local rock piles hve bouys for lobster traps and are easy to spot. Get a couple pounds of frozen squid and some brightly colored lead heads from 1-2 oz. right now your main species to target will be bass, sculpin and halibut. Check all size limits amd bag limits. There are some big yellowtail being caught but there is a whole fleet out there amd you probably don't wanna mess with that. This is just a start, pm me if you hve any more questions or if you would ever like me to meet you down there and I can show you some spots just to have a fun day pullin on some fish

Fishbones
01-15-2015, 03:24 PM
That's what I'm talking about bighuff!! Nice!!