ŚlightlineŚ
01-14-2015, 01:13 AM
What I use.
2lb izorline (Fun), sz 8 owner mosquito hook, and corn
Flylined. I will add a splitshot if wind picks up. Pretty
simple rig but effective for me.

Pros- more bites, hookups, and fish.
Cons- losing fish on initial run.

I will also add most of my carp fishing is done late winter throughout spring(prespawn/spawing fish).

Now I want to learn from you guys. What are your favorite rigs?
Bait, hooks, line etc...

I will also be using the "Hair rig" for the first time. Never seen
people use it but have read and watch videos looks pretty effective.

PokerFish
01-14-2015, 03:27 AM
Interesting that you do most of your carp fishing during late winter and spring, I usually do pretty much the opposite. I usually fish for carp during the warmer months around late afternoon/dusk

I use a similar rig to yours. Flylined corn on a small baitholder hook. I typically use 6lb test but most of the places I fish are fairly murky.

Tom
01-14-2015, 09:41 AM
I wish i could catch a Carp. I have no idea Why but Carp just will not bite my line
would be nice to Learn from someone

ŚlightlineŚ
01-14-2015, 11:20 AM
Interesting that you do most of your carp fishing during late winter and spring, I usually do pretty much the opposite. I usually fish for carp during the warmer months around late afternoon/dusk

I use a similar rig to yours. Flylined corn on a small baitholder hook. I typically use 6lb test but most of the places I fish are fairly murky.

Pokerfish I enjoy sightfishing and late winter and spring allow me to do that. Also for me the chances of catching a monster is higher.

ŚlightlineŚ
01-14-2015, 11:41 AM
I wish i could catch a Carp. I have no idea Why but Carp just will not bite my line
would be nice to Learn from someone

Tom carp are very smart if they feel any resistence to your bait they will not eat it. This is why I choose to use light gear and flyline bait. Also try finding feeding fish usually you will find these fish by stalking the shallows and find mud swirls and fish with their tails up in air. Goodluck.

PokerFish
01-14-2015, 11:56 AM
Pokerfish I enjoy sightfishing and late winter and spring allow me to do that. Also for me the chances of catching a monster is higher.

Sight fishing is by far my favorite method but the places I fish are not clear enough for the most part

goodguy
01-14-2015, 01:10 PM
Standard issue mosquito hook on 4 lb line, and if necessary the tiniest split shot I have. One kernel of corn and hold on!
I prefer summertime carp fishing late afternoon-early evening.

DarkShadow
01-14-2015, 02:18 PM
Fly lining is the way to go.

I've never seen it fail.

I've also seen boilie rigs work, but that's only if you need to cast out 50 yards and don't want your bait flying off.

PokerFish
01-14-2015, 04:28 PM
Standard issue mosquito hook on 4 lb line, and if necessary the tiniest split shot I have. One kernel of corn and hold on!
I prefer summertime carp fishing late afternoon-early evening.

I usually use 4-5 pieces of corn. One reason is for the extra weight which helps with fly lining and the other is that I felt that more pieces would make it easier for carp to find the bait.

Do others here use a single piece of corn as well? Do you find that it works better than multiple pieces?

DockRat
01-14-2015, 06:37 PM
I carolina rig 1/4 oz egg, swivel and leader to a mosquito hook and about 4 corn kernels when fishing LA River in LB.
DR

ŚlightlineŚ
01-14-2015, 07:37 PM
I usually use 4-5 pieces of corn. One reason is for the extra weight which helps with fly lining and the other is that I felt that more pieces would make it easier for carp to find the bait.

Do others here use a single piece of corn as well? Do you find that it works better than multiple pieces?

Yes I also use multiple pieces of corn for the exact same reasons.

goodguy
01-15-2015, 07:51 AM
For some reason, at least the lakes that I fish I have found that a single kernel works best. I've tried both at the same time and usually get hit with the single. Might just be my finiky fish... Or maybe I'm crazy, both are possible

carpanglerdude
01-15-2015, 09:05 AM
Hair rig. Excellent, proven setup for common carp. Bait with corn, bread, boilies, tortillas, etc

DockRat
01-15-2015, 10:28 PM
Is this how you do a hair rig ?
Do you flyline Carpdude? I guess they suck down the bait then the hook ?
Thanks DR

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EuBGn9dDjw

Tom
01-15-2015, 11:00 PM
Fly lining is the way to go.

I've never seen it fail.

I've also seen boilie rigs work, but that's only if you need to cast out 50 yards and don't want your bait flying off.

i have tried Boilies and fly lining baits at Perris Nothing every time
always go back to bass fishing
yet i see guys at Perris catch HUGE carp
Guess i am just no good at bait and wait

ŚlightlineŚ
01-16-2015, 12:42 AM
i have tried Boilies and fly lining baits at Perris Nothing every time
always go back to bass fishing
yet i see guys at Perris catch HUGE carp
Guess i am just no good at bait and wait

Perris carp like meal worms and red worms. I've tried corn at perris with no luck but have accidently caught them off mw&redw.

ŚlightlineŚ
01-16-2015, 12:44 AM
Is this how you do a hair rig ?
Do you flyline Carpdude? I guess they suck down the bait then the hook ?
Thanks DR

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EuBGn9dDjw

Yup thats a hair rig.

inthroughtheocean
01-16-2015, 09:22 AM
A dough ball soaked in cream of corn.......... or high grade military explosives.

Tom
01-16-2015, 10:00 AM
Perris carp like meal worms and red worms. I've tried corn at perris with no luck but have accidently caught them off mw&redw.

Thanks for the tip