PDA

View Full Version : New science

pcuser
01-13-2015, 06:55 PM
I know some here don't accept evolution. However, at least some do. And for those who do, this is interesting. It shows just how long ago we started on the fast track to modern humans...

http://phys.org/news/2015-01-world-oldest-butchering-tools-gave.html

I'm also looking forward to some funny responses . You know who you are...

City Dad
01-14-2015, 01:47 PM
Woohoo! In your face, PETA!!!

pcuser
01-14-2015, 02:10 PM
Outstanding!!!!!

DarkShadow
01-14-2015, 02:39 PM
I stopped reading when I saw
Two and a half million years ago, our hominin ancestors in the African savanna crafted rocks into shards that could slice apart a dead gazelle, zebra or other game animal.

Every one knows the earth isn't 2.5 million years old. It's more like a couple of thousand.

City Dad
01-14-2015, 04:44 PM
I stopped reading when I saw

Every one knows the earth isn't 2.5 million years old. It's more like a couple of thousand.

an interesting dilemma for you, DS - is it okay to use the false science of one bunch of hippy-dippy liberals (evolutionists) to discredit another bunch of hippy-dippy liberals (animal rights nazis)? Don't the ends justify the means?

Lady Quagga
01-14-2015, 05:30 PM
an interesting dilemma for you, DS - is it okay to use the false science of one bunch of hippy-dippy liberals (evolutionists) to discredit another bunch of hippy-dippy liberals (animal rights nazis)? Don't the ends justify the means?

I see what you did there.

pcuser
01-14-2015, 06:03 PM

I understand the need to protect the biosphere, however we got here by eating meat and to deny that seems a bit odd. We are mostly omnivores...