PDA

View Full Version : Reseda park lake question

fishingboysdad
01-12-2015, 08:27 PM
i keep seeing reseda park lake on the trout planting schedule.anybody know if its actually getting stocked?

troutdog
01-15-2015, 04:58 PM
affirmative....they stocked yesterday

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj285/troutdog_photobucket/making%20room/reseda_zps8010f8a6.jpg (http://s275.photobucket.com/user/troutdog_photobucket/media/making%20room/reseda_zps8010f8a6.jpg.html)

TD

fishingboysdad
01-15-2015, 08:56 PM
cool..thanks TD

troutdog
01-16-2015, 12:09 AM
They were eating the metal and guys were saying the peach colored pb was getting the most action....maybe I'll see you out there! (I'll be wearing the Team57 hat)

TD

fishingboysdad
01-16-2015, 04:23 PM
ok thanks and maybe we will see you out there
were you using a lure or bait just wodering ?

fishingboysdad
01-16-2015, 07:33 PM
They were eating the metal and guys were saying the peach colored pb was getting the most action....maybe I'll see you out there! (I'll be wearing the Team57 hat)

TD

so my son convinced me to take him to reseda park today.i got home from work at 5:45,picked him up and made a quick drive to reseda park..he decided to toss a chrome kastmaster around the lake...we walked around the whole lake(seemed like miles to me as i was was tired)...he threw his lure around for like an hour with no takers.did c a couple of older gentlemen there fishing in the shadows...will try again tomorrow(hopefully i get home earlier)..

thanks for replying to my son TD and for the info..He thought maybe we would c u out there but i told him that u probably were gone since it was already dark..maybe next time

troutdog
01-22-2015, 01:32 PM
so my son convinced me to take him to reseda park today.i got home from work at 5:45,picked him up and made a quick drive to reseda park..he decided to toss a chrome kastmaster around the lake...we walked around the whole lake(seemed like miles to me as i was was tired)...he threw his lure around for like an hour with no takers.did c a couple of older gentlemen there fishing in the shadows...will try again tomorrow(hopefully i get home earlier)..

thanks for replying to my son TD and for the info..He thought maybe we would c u out there but i told him that u probably were gone since it was already dark..maybe next time

Sorry I didn't see your post earlier, shoot me a PM next time you plan to hit the park....be great to meet some locals from FNN. As far as lures go, I was using the Lip Ripperz Z-spoon (you can sorta make it out if you look at the bill of my cap). I saw a youngster smackin the trout on a small gold kastmaster, but I think just about any metal lure will work when they are on the chew. Always best to hit the lake within 48 hours of stocking, the pelicans and cormorants have a field day at these park lakes that get stocked with trout! FYI there are carp and cats in there, but they seem to have lockjaw as the water is pretty cold now vs the summer months.

See you out there soon, again sorry for the late reply!

TD