PDA

View Full Version : Cop Shoots Cop

DockRat
01-12-2015, 08:02 PM
http://thefreethoughtproject.com/undercover-albuquerque-police-officer-shot-fellow-cop/#CzjEaYrpWWstY4L4.01

pcuser
01-13-2015, 07:24 AM
http://thefreethoughtproject.com/undercover-albuquerque-police-officer-shot-fellow-cop/#CzjEaYrpWWstY4L4.01

If it doesn't fit the talking points, crickets....

seal
01-13-2015, 08:09 AM
Ok I'll bite. The information in this "article" is completely incomplete and anybody making determinations of what actually happened are guessing. This "story" was written with an obvious agenda and therefore is a crock of crap.

I'll wait for the actual details to come out before judging, it doesn't sound right and something obviously went wrong but it's way too early to be able to use this as a talking point for "cops shoot before they think".

Crickets probably because no valid discussion can occur based on the complete lack of information.

DarkShadow
01-13-2015, 09:23 AM
A cop shooting a cop.

I bet the DA's head just exploded.

Doesn't patrol get a briefing if there is going to be any UCs or UC activity in the area?

In any case, a meth deal gone wrong in Albuquerque? I know a guy who knows a guy that can make it all go away:

http://www.shockya.com/news/wp-content/uploads/Better-Call-Saul.jpg

Lady Quagga
01-13-2015, 10:49 AM
A cop shooting a cop.

I bet the DA's head just exploded.

Heh, no need to "Eff the police". They're doing it to themselves just fine.

And oh yeah - WHERE'S THE OUTRAGE?

seal
01-13-2015, 11:07 AM
Outrage? At what? Most that back the idea cops are evil, vile, killers of innocents are happy that one of them is dead. Those that do not are probably waiting for actual information to be disseminated prior to reaching a conclusion.

It does look like a bad shoot and probably somebody's gonna be in major hot water and it won't be the first time an individual was mistakenly shot by the police and won't be the last.

pcuser
01-13-2015, 11:18 AM
Outrage? At what? Most that back the idea cops are evil, vile, killers of innocents are happy that one of them is dead. Those that do not are probably waiting for actual information to be disseminated prior to reaching a conclusion.

It does look like a bad shoot and probably somebody's gonna be in major hot water and it won't be the first time an individual was mistakenly shot by the police and won't be the last.

I can't speak for others, however I don't think cops are evil. I don't think I even know anyone who believes such nonsense. I'm not happy any cop is dead. I'm also not happy others are dead because they where shot by some cops. All we are asking is an agreement that there are bad cops and we need to be open and transparent when a cop kills anyone. That's all I've ever espoused. It's difficult to put that across when others defend all cops simply because they are cops. This article is as clear as any other about cops shooting people. You are looking to deflect the purpose of posting it. Are you defending the bad cops???

DarkShadow
01-13-2015, 11:30 AM
Those that do not are probably waiting for actual information to be disseminated prior to reaching a conclusion.

The only conclusion I've reached is that somebody made a big mistake. (And in terms of coordination of agencies, or lack thereof, it may be *several* people that made a mistake.)

Hopefully the mistakes made won't cost the life of a human being, and hopefully this incident is used to further the discussion in regards to police training, since the victim here who got shot cannot be easily labeled a 'thug' who 'deserved what they got,' because they "should've listened to the police officer" like the previous instances which we saw the shift of the rhetoric go towards the victim and the blame being placed on them.

I'm also curious why the details of the case haven't been released yet by APD. Seems pretty cut and dry, right?

seal
01-13-2015, 11:46 AM
Abuser, first how can I defend anybody since I have no fk'ng idea what happened? Don't you get it, nobody has an idea what happened and this author made it clear with her own opinions on the police.

Quotes and my takes on them from the article -

"Media is discussing this event using words like “tragedy” and “accident” while ignoring the fact that this is a symptom of a much larger problem, and it seems that an officer once again shot someone who posed no threat to them."

"This trigger happy officer, who opened fire and shot someone who posed no danger to them, multiple times"

"While brutality is clearly a nationwide issue, the APD has claimed some major notoriety for their badge abuse."

These quotes show all you need to know about the authors mindset.

"Police even went so far as to confiscate a witness’s cell phone after he had recorded some of the incident."

Evidence? Protecting undercover officers identity? Nah it's got to be those evil police taking away our rights to know what actually happened.

"In April, the department was accused of using excessive force by the Justice Department after the frightening murder of the homeless James Boyd when he was approached for “illegally camping.” Boyd was shot by an officer who had discussed his plans to shoot him in the penis hours prior."

Well since we have no idea whether the police officer involved had a desire to shoot somebody in the dick I don't see how this has anything to do with the story but hey this story contains all we need to know right?

"Police and police apologists have not victim blamed the unnamed officer."

Say what? Is this a professional writer or a freaking blog? Blamed for what? We have no information and that was actually discussed by this idiot.

"So was this a “tragic accident” as they say, or evidence of the systemic lack of care taken by reckless officers as they reach for their weapons?"

The only valid question in the piece. It's a valid question because we don't have any idea if this plays into the narrative that this so-called journalist obviously buys into and that is rogue cops are shoot'n people like crazy out there.

"Perhaps we should call it what it is- one more victim of our militarized police and the disastrous drug war. Nobody is safe, not even those standing behind the thin blue line."

Well conclusion made it's a rap! Let the tweaker's rule, no problem here, legalize speed and all will be good. No reason to put innocent speed addicts in jails, end the war on meth!!!!

Lady Quagga
01-13-2015, 11:46 AM
The only conclusion I've reached is that somebody made a big mistake. (And in terms of coordination of agencies, or lack thereof, it may be *several* people that made a mistake.)

Hopefully the mistakes made won't cost the life of a human being, and hopefully this incident is used to further the discussion in regards to police training, since the victim here who got shot cannot be easily labeled a 'thug' who 'deserved what they got,' because they "should've listened to the police officer" like the previous instances which we saw the shift of the rhetoric go towards the victim and the blame being placed on them.

I'm also curious why the details of the case haven't been released yet by APD. Seems pretty cut and dry, right?

Very well said.

http://www.gifbin.com/bin/1232550426_worf%20face%20palm.gif

seal
01-13-2015, 11:52 AM

All valid statements and concerns. Cut and dry? Not at this point. Could have been a mistake by the undercover officers, miscommunication is more than likely but big time mistake by the officer that killed the undercover officer most probable, details are certainly needed and I'd bet will come out.

seal
01-13-2015, 11:54 AM
Very well said.

http://www.gifbin.com/bin/1232550426_worf%20face%20palm.gif

Quagga that is a completely unflattering video of you. Next time put on some makeup first.

Lady Quagga
01-13-2015, 11:57 AM
Quagga that is a completely unflattering video of you. Next time put on some makeup first.

Not sure what's worse - Worf's mug or your complete inability at recognizing satire.

seal
01-13-2015, 12:47 PM
I had to look it up, thought I knew what it meant but since I couldn't recognize in this ridiculous attempt (if that's what it was) I thought maybe I truly didn't know the meaning.

Satire - A literary work in which human foolishness or vice is attacked through irony, derision, or wit.

Lady Quagga
01-13-2015, 01:18 PM
I had to look it up, thought I knew what it meant but since I couldn't recognize in this ridiculous attempt (if that's what it was) I thought maybe I truly didn't know the meaning.

Satire - A literary work in which human foolishness or vice is attacked through irony, derision, or wit.

Given then context of my post, that you took it as anything but is perplexing.

(Actually no it isn't - I mean, we are talking about you here.)

DarkShadow
01-13-2015, 01:53 PM
Abuser, first how can I defend anybody since I have no fk'ng idea what happened? Don't you get it, nobody has an idea what happened and this author made it clear with her own opinions on the police.

Yet, when it came down to Trayvon Martin and Mike Brown, the Court of Public Opinion were already blaming the victims before the details came out. Why isn't MSM going after the person who got shot, digging up their past history to justify the decision on them getting fired upon?

With Mike Brown, we had differing opinions when it came to witnesses, yet the Court of Public Opinion already had made their decision, just as they did with the Martin case. From what I'm reading, you would've preferred to have the Brown incident go to trial, so that everyone could, as you said, "wait for the actual details to come out before judging?" Because if so, I applaud you for stepping up and wanting a full trial before anybody got absolved.

It's funny that in this incident, we're hearing the rally cry of it's time to "find out what the details were before [we] make a judgement."

Too bad your mentality isn't shown when the victim isn't a cop. Or else we may make headway in this pervasive issue that has finally come to light.

pcuser
01-13-2015, 02:08 PM
Yet, when it came down to Trayvon Martin and Mike Brown, the Court of Public Opinion were already blaming the victims before the details came out. Why isn't MSM going after the person who got shot, digging up their past history to justify the decision on them getting fired upon?

With Mike Brown, we had differing opinions when it came to witnesses, yet the Court of Public Opinion already had made their decision, just as they did with the Martin case. From what I'm reading, you would've preferred to have the Brown incident go to trial, so that everyone could, as you said, "wait for the actual details to come out before judging?" Because if so, I applaud you for stepping up and wanting a full trial before anybody got absolved.

It's funny that in this incident, we're hearing the rally cry of it's time to "find out what the details were before [we] make a judgement."

Too bad your mentality isn't shown when the victim isn't a cop. Or else we may make headway in this pervasive issue that has finally come to light.

My thoughts exactly...

hookdfisherman
01-13-2015, 02:48 PM

Police and police apologists have not victim blamed the unnamed officer.

:LOL: I can write like this.

DEVOREFLYER
01-13-2015, 05:12 PM
To all the Cop haters tell it to this officers family. Enjoy the lightening ride Brannan...

http://www.cnn.com/2015/01/13/justic...etnam-veteran/

(CNN)Georgia has denied clemency for Andrew Brannan, 66, a decorated Vietnam War veteran convicted of murdering a 22-year-old sheriff's deputy in 1998. Brannan's execution is scheduled for Tuesday evening.

The killing of Laurens County Deputy Kyle Dinkheller was captured on the deputy's dash camera just outside Dublin, Georgia. Versions of the video have been uploaded to YouTube.

Brannan is seen in the video confronting Dinkheller after being pulled over for driving almost 100 mph in his pickup.

Brannan appears to be confrontational from the start, acting irrational as the deputy tells him to keep his hands out of his pocket. He then mocks the deputy and at one point seems to dance around yelling, "Shoot me," at Dinkheller. Brannan then yells that he is a Vietnam veteran. He lunges at the deputy before he runs back to his truck, grabs a rifle and begins to shoot.

The video goes on to show a heated gunbattle as both men hide behind their vehicles for cover. Bullets appear to pierce the windshield of the deputy's car. Brannan's car door window shatters above his head.

In the video, Dinkheller and Brannan are shot and wounded in the battle. Brannan advances on the deputy, and off camera, you hear the deputy scream before Brannan repeatedly shoots him and then flees the scene. Dinkheller died, leaving behind a wife and child.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6z8q4lOrDU

DarkShadow
01-13-2015, 05:25 PM
To all the Cop haters ..

I believe we established people posting on this thread don't hate cops.

plus, what does the video you posted have anything to do with a cop shooting another cop?

or is this just another post to distract from the original subject because you have nothing to say about it?

Lady Quagga
01-13-2015, 05:59 PM
I believe we established people posting on this thread don't hate cops.

plus, what does the video you posted have anything to do with a cop shooting another cop?

or is this just another post to distract from the original subject because you have nothing to say about it?

Now hold on there DS. I mean, you act like he's done this before (http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?82235-Karma&p=749145#post749145)......

pcuser
01-13-2015, 06:59 PM
To all the Cop haters tell it to this officers family. Enjoy the lightening ride Brannan...

http://www.cnn.com/2015/01/13/justic...etnam-veteran/

(CNN)Georgia has denied clemency for Andrew Brannan, 66, a decorated Vietnam War veteran convicted of murdering a 22-year-old sheriff's deputy in 1998. Brannan's execution is scheduled for Tuesday evening.

The killing of Laurens County Deputy Kyle Dinkheller was captured on the deputy's dash camera just outside Dublin, Georgia. Versions of the video have been uploaded to YouTube.

Brannan is seen in the video confronting Dinkheller after being pulled over for driving almost 100 mph in his pickup.

Brannan appears to be confrontational from the start, acting irrational as the deputy tells him to keep his hands out of his pocket. He then mocks the deputy and at one point seems to dance around yelling, "Shoot me," at Dinkheller. Brannan then yells that he is a Vietnam veteran. He lunges at the deputy before he runs back to his truck, grabs a rifle and begins to shoot.

The video goes on to show a heated gunbattle as both men hide behind their vehicles for cover. Bullets appear to pierce the windshield of the deputy's car. Brannan's car door window shatters above his head.

In the video, Dinkheller and Brannan are shot and wounded in the battle. Brannan advances on the deputy, and off camera, you hear the deputy scream before Brannan repeatedly shoots him and then flees the scene. Dinkheller died, leaving behind a wife and child.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6z8q4lOrDU

Well, enjoy. You got your wish...

http://news.yahoo.com/georgia-set-carry-first-execution-u-2015-010233204.html

Perhaps this will make your day...

DockRat
01-14-2015, 07:07 AM
Friendly fire, nobody likes it but it does happen.
DR

Tom
01-14-2015, 09:58 AM
Well, enjoy. You got your wish...

http://news.yahoo.com/georgia-set-carry-first-execution-u-2015-010233204.html

Perhaps this will make your day...
At 1:35 into that Video the Suspect should have been dispatched and any one arguing if it was a Good shooting by the officer should be put in Jail

DarkShadow
01-14-2015, 10:16 AM
At 1:35 into that Video the Suspect should have been dispatched and any one arguing if it was a Good shooting by the officer should be put in Jail

Any thoughts on the actual thread in regards to a cop shooting another cop?

Lady Quagga
01-14-2015, 11:48 AM
Any thoughts on the actual thread in regards to a cop shooting another cop?

http://s15.postimg.org/52nbogrkr/ge4ps.jpg