PDA

View Full Version : The vine fishing was allot of fun today.

Big Willy
01-09-2015, 08:31 PM
Took my 3 teen cousins and aunt today. Set them up on the west shore with blown up worms and green and orange mice tails. Dropped my 16 footer, took them on turns trolling from the boat. We got them on pink flickershad, orange sc shiner, Anything fire tiger. Seemed like the shore fishing was really good. I saw allot of people netting fish on the west shore and the backside of trout island. My family caught ten from the shore with Green and Orange mice tails. couple 4+ pound trout in the mix. 4 pound bass on the troll that jumped like 5 times for the kids. It rained for like 5 minutes today. They had me out their for bell to bell and this guy is beat. Thats some good old family fun on the lake. The bird life is going off. I think the best thing today was all the two bird foot races across the water in the flats. I wish they would give us a nod or something before they raced so we could lay down some bets…….It was hard to pay attention to the birds and fishing back their.

Took some advice from the forum and checked out the flats afternoon bite. I like it, thanks for the heads up TD. It was us and a float tuber enjoying the peace and quiet. We were both hooked up on fly lined night crawlers and green/orange mice tails. Anyone see the pattern yet, anything bright green or orange or both caught fish today. Tight Lines

Will

dcfisherman
01-09-2015, 09:00 PM
Thanks for the report. Taking the boy out tomorrow. Hope you left some for us

troutdog
01-09-2015, 10:19 PM
EXCELLENT report Big Willy, it sounds like you and the "kids" had a blast out there....I'm glad the Flats paid off for you, it was my go to spot for both cats and trout in 2014!

The greebs doing their water walking show is awesome, nothing beats the scenery while fishing in Orange County like the Irvine Lake! :Thumbs Up:

TD