PDA

View Full Version : Is it sad you have to ask permission from the fire department to have a luau

Bucket
01-09-2015, 03:17 PM
to h onor a deceased family member. Just got a notice from my neighbor a couple houses down , I don't understand why people would make a big deal out of this

DEVOREFLYER
01-09-2015, 03:24 PM
Love me some Luau, I guess your neighbor isn't a Muslim.........

DarkShadow
01-09-2015, 03:26 PM
If my neighbor wants to burn things in his backyard, it's all him.

If my house catches on fire, then there will be a knock on their door, and a letter to their home owner's insurance company from my attorney.

John Harper
01-10-2015, 03:56 PM
If my house catches on fire, then there will be a knock on their door, and a letter to their home owner's insurance company from my attorney.

I'm sure some folks appreciate you not planning to rely on government "welfare" by calling the fire department somewhere along the way. :Big Grin:

John

HawgZWylde
01-10-2015, 05:40 PM
I'm sure some folks appreciate you not planning to rely on government "welfare" by calling the fire department somewhere along the way. :Big Grin:

John

Say what? Calling the fire department is relying on welfare? Lol...

Marley
01-10-2015, 10:30 PM
I could see why there would be nerves if you're building an umu to roast a pig, maybe even if there would be a dozen torches. Whats he upset about? What are you planning on doing at the luau?

Viejo
01-11-2015, 11:43 AM
to h onor a deceased family member. Just got a notice from my neighbor a couple houses down , I don't understand why people would make a big deal out of this

Not a big deal in some areas. Some departments will come out and give you a permit for a large, in ground fire. Depends also whether you life in the foothills, surrounded by big brush.

cutbait
01-11-2015, 12:13 PM
I don't know?

Trusting millions in socal with open flame while surrounded with very dry grass and hills seems like a logical and responsible thing to permit.

Now keeping anyone from doing it safely is where I would agree

DarkShadow
01-11-2015, 12:32 PM
I don't know?

Trusting millions in socal with open flame while surrounded with very dry grass and hills seems like a logical and responsible thing to permit.

Permits schmermits.

Pretty soon we're gonna need "permits" to catch a fish. Or hunt a deer with a grenade.

cutbait
01-11-2015, 12:37 PM
Or own a gun or drive or build a structure

City Dad
01-12-2015, 09:56 AM
that all depends - were you invited to the luau?