PDA

View Full Version : hot laps with striper only 1-3

howstar
01-04-2015, 12:37 PM
Booked a trip with Bob to troll down some stripers. We got on the water around 7:30 and dropped the u rigs and trolled into the fish arm of the lake. We marked all kinds of fish and soon we had a player. Stocker nothing special. Drop the rigs again and soon we hook up with another stocker. And the action dies after 9:00 am. We moved all around the fish arm marking fish but no players. We trolled into the ski arm where it was a desert. No marks to speak of all the way back to the inlet. We decided to jam out and head back to fish arm. While heading back we went through a mud slick over by the jet ski area. I think its fire retardant washed in by rain. But I guess nobody wants to talk about it. But this might have something to due with lack of fish in the ski arm. Trolled up two more stockers to finish the day. While no big boys were to be had. A good time was had by me and my Dad. Bob is one fishy dude very insightful and easy to talk to. Learned a lot about the behavior patterns of the stripers while we caught.

dk4885
01-04-2015, 01:04 PM
May I ask what's a Stocker ?

catchingsomefish
01-04-2015, 01:33 PM
Donald, he probably meant schoolie..................

Stumpknocker
01-04-2015, 01:40 PM
Thanks for the report...it's probably the best day striper fishing as anyone has had there lately...

howstar
01-04-2015, 04:39 PM
May I ask what's a Stocker ?
Its a schoolie. Same size I pull out of the duct, 2 to 3 pounders. I'm looking for the kind you were catching a few weeks ago. But I think those were pyramid pigs.

fishinone
01-05-2015, 11:59 AM
Congrats!

Bob's a fish stalker. You chose the right guide!