PDA

View Full Version : How about some reports?

Limit Time
01-03-2015, 08:32 AM
Just wondering if they are still catching dinks at Irvine? No stocking videos lately make it hard to tell what is being put in the lake. Something is different about Irvine this year.

JAG107
01-03-2015, 07:16 PM
Good bait bite on dinks. Bigger ones on the troll (over 1/2 lb), troll bite picks up late.

HELLSTER INC.
01-03-2015, 07:31 PM
Was wondering about the lack there of "stocking videos". Irvine is a great lake full of fish if you know where to look and figure out what they want to bite at the time.

Limit Time
01-03-2015, 07:36 PM
Good bait bite on dinks. Bigger ones on the troll (over 1/2 lb), troll bite picks up late.

Really, over a 1/2 lb? The dinks are for bird feeding. How disappointing. The average size fish at LNL is 2lbs. They should be stocking the quality fish they had last year. I think this method is bad for business. Thanks for the report.

TKCastle
01-04-2015, 11:01 AM
There yesterday, four good size 14"+ size fish. Inflated crawler on the bottom and one noniflated on the surface with a water bobber& open bail did the trick. Good size fish but not vine big like last season.

Big Mike.

Limit Time
01-04-2015, 08:18 PM
There yesterday, four good size 14"+ size fish. Inflated crawler on the bottom and one noniflated on the surface with a water bobber& open bail did the trick. Good size fish but not vine big like last season.

Big Mike.

Glad you had a good day. There is hope.

troutdog
01-05-2015, 04:21 PM
Wide open bite on Saturday for the guys in the right spot, no love from the kittys though.....fishing in shorts and a t-shirt in January = priceless :Big Grin:

TD

Limit Time
01-05-2015, 05:59 PM
Wide open bite on Saturday for the guys in the right spot, no love from the kittys though.....fishing in shorts and a t-shirt in January = priceless :Big Grin:

TD

Nice!.

Went to today, fished from the West Shore and caught 3 in the morning. After 10, nada! Tough day after a full moon and following a weekend crowd. All were the 14 inch models. Nice day as well! Thanks Troutdog.

GhettoBasser
01-05-2015, 07:33 PM
Thanks for the tip. I'm headed out tomorrow. Will they be stocking twice because of this tournament?

troutdog
01-06-2015, 12:09 PM
Nice!.

Went to today, fished from the West Shore and caught 3 in the morning. After 10, nada! Tough day after a full moon and following a weekend crowd. All were the 14 inch models. Nice day as well! Thanks Troutdog.

Sounds like a good morning Limit Time, if the West Shore bite peters out and you have the time....you may be surprised what the flats has to offer in the afternoon :whistle:

Chartreuse pb has been money lately:Secret:

TD

Limit Time
01-06-2015, 06:25 PM
Sounds like a good morning Limit Time, if the West Shore bite peters out and you have the time....you may be surprised what the flats has to offer in the afternoon :whistle:

Chartreuse pb has been money lately:Secret:

TD Thanks TD. I have been wondering about the flats lately. I almost did that on Monday but got lazy and left at noon. I appreciate the heads up!

LT

GhettoBasser
01-06-2015, 07:59 PM
Hit it up today with my tribe and a couple of buddies. Anyways, got it at 630 the west shore was busier than I thought it might be. I spoke with the main lady in front and she mentioned it should be stocked today. There were 7 of us and had launched an artillery of Berkley products. Mice, mouses, rats, vermin, cotton candy, flesh sparkle color, fuschia, whatever else they made. We sprayed Gulp and Gobble used 2lb xxx3G Seaguar ultra chrome matte fluro line. We used free trade lead sinkers and swivels created by Austrian watchsmiths. Pretty sure there would be no way for a fish to swim through the Will Wonka flotilla of bright Berkley products. We got 6 light bites and 2 fish. The fish were caught on white and pink mice tails. That was the color of the day for us.

Sucks to get smoked there again but the weather was beautiful!!!