PDA

View Full Version : Prado Lake part 2 NO STOCK

georatm2011
01-02-2015, 11:28 AM
Hey guys its been slow all morning. Found out there was no stock New Years week for all SB Regional parks. Tight lines guys.

dday07
01-02-2015, 09:51 PM
Yeah..we were at guasti...we didn't catch the sign saying not stocked or we would of turned around...i did manage one on dropshot..but overall seen about four other fish caught in about 4 hours...very disappointing.

cambofisher
01-02-2015, 10:20 PM
I was there today also. Managed to get two on jigs. Didn't see much if any at all landed. Didn't know that they didn't stock. My first time at prado and it's a really nice looking lake. So much birds there.

zerolynx21
01-03-2015, 12:50 AM
I was at Prado yesterday as well with no luck. The guy at the gate lied to me then because he said they stalked on Wednesday.

The Walking Trout
01-04-2015, 01:47 AM
I was at Prado yesterday as well with no luck. The guy at the gate lied to me then because he said they stalked on Wednesday.

DFG lies too. They post they will stock certain lakes and then don't show up.

Misfitdog
01-04-2015, 03:15 PM
DFG lies too. They post they will stock certain lakes and then don't show up.

all fish plants are subject to change depending on road, water, weather and operational conditions. Conditions permitting !! pretty much right in your face on the website or if you call . it is a privilege we get any stocks at all .

etucker1959
01-04-2015, 04:05 PM
all fish plants are subject to change depending on road, water, weather and operational conditions. Conditions permitting !! pretty much right in your face on the website or if you call . it is a privilege we get any stocks at all .
I hate to be a party pooper, but it's not a privilege. State laws say's for every license angler X amount of trout are required to be stocked every year. They now are arguing over how much X is per year.

HawgZWylde
01-04-2015, 05:16 PM

it is a privilege we get any stocks at all

Why would you consider it a privilege when we pay for it? That's where our money is supposed to go, not to be used to balance the budget of an outrageously expensive and overspending state government...

The Walking Trout
01-04-2015, 05:16 PM
I hate to be a party pooper, but it's not a privilege. State laws say's for every license angler X amount of trout are required to be stocked every year. They now are arguing over how much X is per year.

Maybe they don't stock particular areas due to too much traffic and they dump more of the trout in others. There are city lakes last year they didn't stock at all and dfg kept posting them on the schedule.

I agree it's not a privilege. I paid for my fishing license and support and volunteer for city fishing derbies, pay my taxes, and work for the State. I see some of the "decisions" and lack of follow up by some (not all) supervisors.

HawgZWylde
01-04-2015, 06:31 PM
Maybe they don't stock particular areas due to too much traffic and they dump more of the trout in others. There are city lakes last year they didn't stock at all and dfg kept posting them on the schedule.

I agree it's not a privilege. I paid for my fishing license and support and volunteer for city fishing derbies, pay my taxes, and work for the State. I see some of the "decisions" and lack of follow up by some (not all) supervisors.

Budget cuts to the DFW. Also any body of water that has the potential to flow into a river or stream that can hold Steelhead will not be planted. Same goes for mountain yellow legged and red legged frogs...

TROUT SNIPER
01-04-2015, 08:19 PM
No luck here also.

Stormcrow
01-06-2015, 09:37 AM

I didn't know lakes got stalked! How interesting! I thought it was only people. Where is the fun in that? Do you sneak up and take pics of the lake at night? Do you stare at the lake through binocs? How does that work???? Maybe sneak into the lake at night and try to steal underwear? Do you send love letters and e-mails to your favorite body of water? Is that even legal?

DarkShadow
01-06-2015, 10:03 AM
I didn't know lakes got stalked! How interesting! I thought it was only people. Wheres the fun in that? Do you sneak up and take pics of the lake at night? Do you stare at the lake through binocs? How does that work???? Maybe sneak into the lake at night and try to steal underwear? Do you send love letters and e-mails to your favorite body of water? Is that even legal?

http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/x/man-taking-pictures-photographer-photos-near-lake-sunny-day-33161883.jpg

zerolynx21
01-08-2015, 08:10 PM
Haha! My bad guys. I guess I'll blame autocorrect for that one ^_^