PDA

View Full Version : Ol' SWAT Guy Gets 19th Legal Today To End The 2014 Season

SP Dan
12-31-2014, 04:55 PM
Wednesday, December 31, 2014 (The last day of the Season)

Sun Rise: 0654 hrs, Sun Set: 1653 hrs
Air: cold 44 - 55 deg, Water Temp: 63 deg, Sky: AM cloudy after last nights rain, Wind: 4 - 5 MPH off shore
Predicted Surf: FLAT then 1 - 2 ft , Swell: 0.7 ft , Sec Intervals: 14
Moon Phase: Waxing Gibbous.
Conditions: Early morning slight off shore breeze with the beach flooded with a high outgoing tide, the water was mostly clean and clear with barely any salad or grass, 98% clean retrievals ... Thank you Poseidon!
Tides: 0630 hrs OGT 5.4 ft, 0730 hrs 4.7 ft, 0830 hrs 3.5 ft, 0930 hrs 2.2 ft, 1030 hrs 1.1 ft, 1130 hrs 0.4 ft, 1235 LT 0.1 ft.
Isolunar Forecast: Major Period: 0638 hrs till 0938 hrs. :BFish: :BFish:
Bait Presence: abundant. Bird Presence: abundant. Water Dogs: one
Session Duration: 0630 hrs to 1030 hrs.
Assault Tactic: LC 110 White w/ red painted gill plates, 2X #6 throat and belly treble hooks and a red #5 treble stinger hook.
AO: Classified

Today's fish count:
(10) Torpedos (Jack Smelt)
(11) Short Halibut (best being 20")
(1) Legal Halibut 27.5' and #19 for the year. This particular fish went by a.k.a. #9 on the beach! The 9th fish of the day caught by me! :LOL: Ha ha ha!

http://i1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff467/dancorery/P1000606.jpg (http://s1237.photobucket.com/user/dancorery/media/P1000606.jpg.html)

http://i1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff467/dancorery/P1000607.jpg (http://s1237.photobucket.com/user/dancorery/media/P1000607.jpg.html)

Thank you Poseidon for all of your blessings!

"Happy New Year" to everyone and may God Bless us all!

Thank you for taking the time to check out my last fishing report for the 2014 Season. :Cool:

SP Dan <"))>< "The Danimal"

xjchad
12-31-2014, 06:38 PM
Wow, amazing way to end the year! Nice work!

Ghost117
12-31-2014, 06:51 PM
Way to end the year with a BANG! Good job S.P Dan!!!
Happy New years ya'll!!

DockRat
12-31-2014, 06:54 PM
Great finish to end the year, congrats Danimal.
DR

bones
12-31-2014, 07:09 PM
Good job Torpedo MAN!

I only call you this because of your absolute slayage of the smelt over the past couple of sessions. The smelt in SoCal have started a rumor that there is a SNIPER on the sand:ROFL:

Let me tell ya Danimal....Some how I knew you would pull it off and you did it in grand fashion!
Congrats on jumping to the top of the SWAT leaderboard for the most legal halibut in 2014!

You always put your fingers too close to the flatties mouth. Kinda freaks me out:ROFL: ......One of these days brotha........:OMG!:

Hey....I recognize that sand!

May the new year bring you and Rhonda well deserved peace sir!

Mike

----------<><

exfactor
12-31-2014, 07:12 PM
Gre8t finish sir. Solid fish to end the year! May this new year bring you lots more tugs. Mikey

fishshep
12-31-2014, 09:24 PM
good job torpedo man!

You always put your fingers too close to the flatties mouth. Kinda freaks me out:rofl: ......one of these days brotha........:omg!:

Hey....i recognize that sand!

May the new year bring you and rhonda well deserved peace sir!

Mike

I KNOW THAT SAND TOO !!! :LOL: I Think this 19 Hali Legal catch, for the year, is your PB ? If I remember right ?

----------<><
i know that sand too!!!

bachiboy
12-31-2014, 10:19 PM
Well done Danimal! That's a solid finish to a spectacular year! Wishing you all the best in 2015!!!

Don

basshole1
12-31-2014, 10:24 PM
Wow SP Dan, what a way to end the year. Good looking flattie you got there, hope you enjoy the new year!!

murrieta angler
01-01-2015, 09:03 AM
Dan,
Congratulations on your awesome achievement!! :Big Grin:
I know you've been trying to get that last one and you did it with flying colors.
I hope 2015 brings many more fishes as well as Good Tidings.
God Bless You and Rhonda,
Robert
<><

anchor3n1
01-01-2015, 05:25 PM
Brother Dan:

That is one spectacular finish to one outstanding year!!!
May your 2015 be even more spectacular and full of wonderful experiences!!!

Noelle, Alexa and I are looking forward to seeing you a bunch this year.

Take care and blessings,

Nick

remington
01-02-2015, 01:38 PM
Great job brother Dan! That was a great race to the finish line all hail the victor!!!

I hope you & Rhonda have a great 2015 my friend.

Kelly

skunked4life
01-03-2015, 06:50 PM
Well sir, you did it! Never had any doubts but man, you cut it close! That's what I call clutch! We've texted back and forth several times in the past few months but let me publicly congratulate you! What an accomplishment!

You are a good friend and brother Dan. You stick with me through the good and bad. Thank you!

Love you brother!

Ken

SP Dan
01-06-2015, 10:42 AM
Wednesday, December 31, 2014 (The last day of the Season)

Sun Rise: 0654 hrs, Sun Set: 1653 hrs
Air: cold 44 - 55 deg, Water Temp: 63 deg, Sky: AM cloudy after last nights rain, Wind: 4 - 5 MPH off shore
Predicted Surf: FLAT then 1 - 2 ft , Swell: 0.7 ft , Sec Intervals: 14
Moon Phase: Waxing Gibbous.
Conditions: Early morning slight off shore breeze with the beach flooded with a high outgoing tide, the water was mostly clean and clear with barely any salad or grass, 98% clean retrievals ... Thank you Poseidon!
Tides: 0630 hrs OGT 5.4 ft, 0730 hrs 4.7 ft, 0830 hrs 3.5 ft, 0930 hrs 2.2 ft, 1030 hrs 1.1 ft, 1130 hrs 0.4 ft, 1235 LT 0.1 ft.
Isolunar Forecast: Major Period: 0638 hrs till 0938 hrs. :BFish: :BFish:
Bait Presence: abundant. Bird Presence: abundant. Water Dogs: one
Session Duration: 0630 hrs to 1030 hrs.
Assault Tactic: LC 110 White w/ red painted gill plates, 2X #6 throat and belly treble hooks and a red #5 treble stinger hook.
AO: Classified

Today's fish count:
(10) Torpedos (Jack Smelt)
(11) Short Halibut (best being 20")
(1) Legal Halibut 27.5' and #19 for the year. This particular fish went by a.k.a. #9 on the beach! The 9th fish of the day caught by me! :LOL: Ha ha ha!

http://i1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff467/dancorery/P1000606.jpg (http://s1237.photobucket.com/user/dancorery/media/P1000606.jpg.html)

http://i1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff467/dancorery/P1000607.jpg (http://s1237.photobucket.com/user/dancorery/media/P1000607.jpg.html)

Thank you Poseidon for all of your blessings!

"Happy New Year" to everyone and may God Bless us all!

Thank you for taking the time to check out my last fishing report for the 2014 Season. :Cool:

SP Dan <"))>< "The Danimal"

Wow, amazing way to end the year! Nice work!

Thanx xichad,

I've put in a lot of time and miles ... and I would fish 2 to 3 AO's per day looking for my targeted species.

My final reward was well received. Thank you Poseidon!

Happy New Year full of heavy tugs and line rips!

SP Dan

Way to end the year with a BANG! Good job S.P Dan!!!
Happy New years ya'll!!

Hi ya Ghost117,

Oh .... what a relief it was!

Happy New Year

SP Dan

Great finish to end the year, congrats Danimal.
DR

Hi ya Martin,

It was my patience and determination that finally paid off. The 27.5" Halibut was the cherry on top!

Happy New Year

SP Dan

Gre8t finish sir. Solid fish to end the year! May this new year bring you lots more tugs. Mikey

Hi ya Mikey,

I couldn't have been more pleased ... the results of the last day of the season was an absolute blessing indeed!
It was starting to look a bit sketchy and I was starting to have my doubts ... but my determination prevailed in the end!

Happy New Year

SP Dan

i know that sand too!!!

Hi ya fishshep,

That's good ... that you know sand! The more important question is ... do you think you know jack scheet too! :ROFL: Ha ha ha!

Happy New Year

SP Dan

Well done Danimal! That's a solid finish to a spectacular year! Wishing you all the best in 2015!!!

Don

Hi ya Don,

We had a good run this past season ... and I'm looking forward to another exciting season fishing the salt with you!

Happy New Year

SP Dan

Wow SP Dan, what a way to end the year. Good looking flattie you got there, hope you enjoy the new year!!

Hi ya bashole1,

I was very pleased with my last Halibut of the year!
Poseidon was very generous with me indeed!

Happy New Year

SP Dan

Dan,
Congratulations on your awesome achievement!! :Big Grin:
I know you've been trying to get that last one and you did it with flying colors.
I hope 2015 brings many more fishes as well as Good Tidings.
God Bless You and Rhonda,
Robert
<><

Hi ya Roberto,

Thank you for all of your kind words Sir!
Poseidon was exceptionally kind to me this year with surf bound Striped Bass and a bounty of legal Halibut.

My goal this year is to get one new PB in each of my previously caught species. I'll see how this one goes!

Well .... I'm already starting the 2015 Season off with (2) legal Hali's and (1) lost LC!

Happy New Year

SP Dan

SP Dan
01-06-2015, 10:49 AM
Hi ya Lieutenant Bones,

:LOL:Ha ha ha! :ROFL: Torpedo man!
They were thick and persistent to say the least!

Thank you for your never ending support and friendship through out the seasons!

Happy New Year

SP Dan

SP Dan
01-06-2015, 07:13 PM
Brother Dan:

That is one spectacular finish to one outstanding year!!!
May your 2015 be even more spectacular and full of wonderful experiences!!!

Noelle, Alexa and I are looking forward to seeing you a bunch this year.

Take care and blessings,

Nick

Thank you Nick, Noelle and Alexa,

Poseidon has definitely been very generous to me this past 2014 Season.

I appreciate all of your kind words and good wishes for 2015!

God Bless and may all of you have a blessed New Year!

SP Dan

Great job brother Dan! That was a great race to the finish line all hail the victor!!!

I hope you & Rhonda have a great 2015 my friend.

Kelly

Hi ya Brotha remington,

I appreciate the Congrat's and all ... but the final Leader Board count has not come down from the SWAT Central Command yet!
I will have to wait for the final results like everyone else. Nail chewing!

Like they say .... you are not supposed to count all your peaches until they are all laying on the ground and all fuzzed up! :ROFL: Ha ha ha!

I hope that you and all of your loved ones also have a very healthy and prosperous New Year!

SP Dan ~~~~~ <"))><

Well sir, you did it! Never had any doubts but man, you cut it close! That's what I call clutch! We've texted back and forth several times in the past few months but let me publicly congratulate you! What an accomplishment!

You are a good friend and brother Dan. You stick with me through the good and bad. Thank you!

Love you brother!

Ken

Hi ya Brotha Ken,

I haven't seen the final SWAT Leader Board count from the SWAT Central Command yet.

I was always rooting for you to win the most legal Halibut category! I believe that "Congrat's" is due to you on winning the "Largest" in the Halibut Category!

I hope that many blessings and opportunities will find their way to you and your loved ones in 2015!

Happy New Year Brotha!

SP Dan ~~~~~ <"))><

Which Way Out
01-22-2015, 07:06 AM
Hi ya Lieutenant Bones,

:LOL:Ha ha ha! :ROFL: Torpedo man!
They were thick and persistent to say the least!

Thank you for your never ending support and friendship through out the seasons!

Happy New Year

SP Dan

Better to be Torpedo man than, TP man I would think.:LOL:

What a great year again. Congrats on the Sportsman award. You, more than anyone deserves it.:Applause:
Be safe and the best to you and Rhonda.

WWO

SP Dan
01-24-2015, 08:42 PM
Hi ya Brotha Bill,

I hope that that nick name "Torpedo Man" doesn't stick ... like "Colonel Croaker" did with Don! .... Oh man! :ROFL: Ha ha ha!

As far as the "Outstanding Sportsmanship Trophy" goes ... I would like to share that particular honor with all of my SWAT Brotha's N' Sista because all of you definitely deserve the Sportsmanship trophy every bit as much as I if not more!

Thanx for chiming in WWO! :Thumbs Up:

Give a BIG hug to your gorgeous bride Noriko from Rhonda and yours truly.

SP Dan ~~~~~ <"))>< ~~~~ "The Danimal"

PONTOON
01-25-2015, 07:23 AM
Dan, I'll always love reading your reports! :Cool:

You had an awesome 2014 fish count and I'm sure that with the energy and effort you put forth every time you hit the water 2015 will be even better!

Good Luck and tight lines My Friend and thank you for the encouraging texts the past few months. They meant a lot to me. :Thumbs Up:

SP Dan
01-27-2015, 04:59 PM
Dan, I'll always love reading your reports! :Cool:

You had an awesome 2014 fish count and I'm sure that with the energy and effort you put forth every time you hit the water 2015 will be even better!

Good Luck and tight lines My Friend and thank you for the encouraging texts the past few months. They meant a lot to me. :Thumbs Up:

Hi Ya PONTOON,

So good to hear from you my friend.

I hope things are looking much brighter these days Terry. Heck ... I hope that for everyone out there! :Thumbs Up:

These days have been a bit testing and up-side-down to say the least for Rhonda and I ... but we will manage our way through it together.

You are always in my thoughts and in my prayers ... my friend.

Until we get our feet all salty together .... take care Brotha, tight lines ... and please stay in touch. :Cool:

SP Dan ~~~~~ <"))>< ~~~~~ "The Danimal"!