PDA

View Full Version : 12/31 Last Chance, Last Cast for 2014

fishshep
12-31-2014, 12:19 PM
7am. arrival N. Samo A. O. to an onshore 15-20mph wind, blown out waves and choppy, with no weed problems, made a little sense to throw the LC, since the waters were clear. After two hours into it (with no previous taps,
bites,or hits, SLAM !!!! Big Bendo !!! 3ft. ft. from the lip Shocked Coulple of short runs on the taught lined drag , then waited for the small swell to bring the current in , and she slide right up !!! Very Happy Forgot my newer Fugi Camera,
so used my older Kodak, but can,t see if I can get it to upload yet ? On the
sand she measured out to 22 1/2 on the dot !!! Took it home and pic,ed it with the Fugi !t Seems like they shrink a little after an hour or so? Well ? good way to finish out the year. !!!

http://i835.photobucket.com/albums/zz280/fishshep/fishing001_zps91300fc2.jpg

http://i835.photobucket.com/albums/zz280/fishshep/fishing002_zps3c63d33e.jpg

bassmeister
12-31-2014, 02:42 PM
Great way to get the last casts on the 2014 liscence, and Score a keepa �� ��

bones
12-31-2014, 04:52 PM
Nice catch Daniel. I'd call that right on the borderline though. Better be careful because DFG doesn't use a curly tape.
Try laying your fish on top of the tape like a game warden would rather than across the curvature of the fish.

Personally I was educated many years ago on halibut and from what I've read it's only when a halibut hits 22" and maturity can they breed for the first time.

Just saying.........

SP Dan
12-31-2014, 05:18 PM
Hi ya Daniel,

I always look forward to your excellent postings.

That is a nice looking fish ... indeed. And "extra special" to have landed it on the very last day of the year! Nice going!
That's what I call "Getting your monies worth out of your fishing license"! :Thumbs Up:

If this fish had been measured correctly with the measuring tape laid flat and the fish laid on top of the tape, I doubt that it would have met the required minimum legal length.
FYI .... the DFW does view this site as a tool to know what's going on. Please be careful and always CPR .... Poseidon will thank you with some of His larger gifts! :Thumbs Up:

Personally .... I would probably remove the pic's and any questionable evidence for your own sake.

Daniel ... I hope that you have a prosperous and healthy "New Year"! :Cool:

I look forward to many more of your upcoming fish reports in the 2015 Season.

SP Dan <"))><

fishinguy68
12-31-2014, 05:37 PM
Daniel,

That looks like a real nice fish. I bet it is gonna taste just as great. Nothin like halibut for new years dinner.

Hope you have a blessed 2015 with many more of these to come.

DockRat
12-31-2014, 07:00 PM
Great ending for 2014.
DR

fishshep
12-31-2014, 09:43 PM
Nice catch Daniel. I'd call that right on the borderline though. Better be careful because DFG doesn't use a curly tape.
Try laying your fish on top of the tape like a game warden would rather than across the curvature of the fish.

Personally I was educated many years ago on halibut and from what I've read it's only when a halibut hits 22" and maturity can they breed

for the first time.

Just saying.........

Well ? I quess I just got educated about the breeding starting time then :Cool:

Considering though , how many legals I have let go 22 or over, I think I have some "Pay it Forward" Points coming.

Do have to get a metal tape though anyways, and remember to put it under the fish !!! Makes me wonder if I dig a
little 20in through,, lay the tape under , then the fish , the bend in the tape upwards should make the fish at least
an inch longer :Idea: :Secret: Hey !!! thanks for the idea !!! :LOL::LOL:

i

bachiboy
12-31-2014, 10:26 PM
Nice close out fish for the year Daniel!

Don

bones
01-01-2015, 05:12 AM
Daniel....I'm a little shocked that you misinterpreted my suggestion about the legal way to accurately measure a fish by DFG standards opposed to the internet forum standards of a legal catch. I'm also shocked that you openly suggest that you would be deceiving about an accurate measurement by the dig out and bending of a tape.

I was not trying to give you an idea of how to BEND THE RULES...... PUN INTENDED:ROFL:

As far as "Pay it forward" goes...... The saying comes from not the self induced right but rather when a person gives to "YOU" and you realize that you don't need to pay them back but rather pay it "FORWARD" to another individual.

fishshep
01-01-2015, 07:30 AM
Daniel....I'm a little shocked that you misinterpreted my suggestion about the legal way to accurately measure a fish by DFG standards opposed to the internet forum standards of a legal catch. I'm also shocked that you openly suggest that you would be deceiving about an accurate measurement by the dig out and bending of a tape.

I was not trying to give you an idea of how to BEND THE RULES...... PUN INTENDED:ROFL:

As far as "Pay it forward" goes...... The saying comes from not the self induced right but rather when a person gives to "YOU" and you realize that you don't need to pay them back but rather pay it "FORWARD" to another individual.

It,s all GOOD !! Just kidding around, you did teach me the right way though (DFG)

murrieta angler
01-01-2015, 09:09 AM
Nice way to end the year Daniel! :Wink:
Happy New Years,
Robert
<><

fishshep
01-07-2015, 03:34 PM
Nice way to end the year Daniel! :Wink:
Happy New Years,
Robert
<><

Thanks for the New years Blessing Bro. Seems like it worked for todays,1/7 first session in 2015.
hope I can make it a three Hali catch next session. !!!!