PDA

View Full Version : Irvine Lake Fishing and Driving

The Walking Trout
12-28-2014, 09:29 AM
Trying to get my daughter hooked on fishing during the Christmas break and the damn DFG isn't stocking So Cal according to the stocking schedule!

Haven't fished Irvine Lake before and want to take my daughter. Question: Can you drive up to the dam or the west shore? Is it like SARL or Corona where you can drive around, park, pull out your stuff and fish?

What part of the lake do you recommend if any to fish from shore? Haven't been before and would like to give it a try. Thanks for any info you can provide and assist!

Fishingangler
12-28-2014, 12:00 PM
For shore fishing, recommend West Shore or Trout Island. Road is now open to both areas but could close when it rains. The road does not go all the way to the dam or around the lake but the best fishing is before the dam on the West Shore. You might also consider the Kid's Lagoon which they were to stock for the holidays. Look at their website for more information (map of the lake, fishing report, tips, etc) or contact their tackle shop (phone number on the website). If you call, ask for Marlon Meade. He is the director of the Pro Staff and is an extremely knowledgeable/helpful person (they want you to catch fish). If he is not availble by phone, you can often find him in the tackle shop especially when the shop opens in the morning. Good luck!

The Walking Trout
12-30-2014, 12:14 AM
Thanks for the excellent information. Appreciate the advice and info about driving around the lake. Happy New Year!

troutdog
12-30-2014, 02:03 PM
I haven't been shore fishing the past few times out, but guys in the flats seemed to enjoy less pressure and some nice stringers....good luck and let us know how you do! What day are you going?

TD