PDA

View Full Version : 12/26 Sarl

rabbit77
12-27-2014, 07:42 PM
Fished on Friday at Sarl for the skunk wind started blowing hard around 6:30 and didnt stop made for miserable fishing conditions water turned real murky no bites all day threw the kitchen sink at them tried pb mice tails jigging lures tried all scents for nothing didnt see anyone else around catch anything either tough day of fishing.

etucker1959
12-27-2014, 07:59 PM
Fished on Friday at Sarl for the skunk wind started blowing hard around 6:30 and didnt stop made for miserable fishing conditions water turned real murky no bites all day threw the kitchen sink at them tried pb mice tails jigging lures tried all scents for nothing didnt see anyone else around catch anything either tough day of fishing.
The major problem with the river lakes is they haven't completely drained it in 2 years. What does that have to do with the price of beans?????? (You might be wondering) You need to kill all those shad in there!!!!! When you do fishing is great, when you don't it's a hit or miss proposition at best. More misses then hits for most people.

jaggerbub
12-27-2014, 08:39 PM
My thoughts exact etucker.

rabbit77
12-27-2014, 09:11 PM
Makes alot of sense my second to laat time out couldnt understand how I missed so many hits I must of missed about 10 hits

The Walking Trout
12-27-2014, 09:58 PM
My thoughts exact etucker.

totally agree with you here. their bellies are full. not looking for mice tails or powerbait i guess. only the freshly stocked ones put in!

plumber2001
12-27-2014, 11:58 PM
yeah that's the problem

etucker1959
12-28-2014, 09:48 AM
The other problem that the shad do is lead the trout away from your baits. Here's what I mean, I fish the river lakes in my boat with my fishing graph on the whole time. (so I get to see where their swimming) In a year where they drain the lake and kill all the shad, the trout tend to hug the bottom looking for food. (That's where everyone's baits are) Hence you catch the trout!!!! When they don't drain the lake the trout are chasing the shad everywhere except the bottom!!!! For what ever reason shad don't like to swim near the bottom. Since everyone's bait's are on the bottom and all the fish are swimming 20 feet above that. Hence poor fishing.

rabbit77
12-28-2014, 03:57 PM
The other problem that the shad do is lead the trout away from your baits. Here's what I mean, I fish the river lakes in my boat with my fishing graph on the whole time. (so I get to see where their swimming) In a year where they drain the lake and kill all the shad, the trout tend to hug the bottom looking for food. (That's where everyone's baits are) Hence you catch the trout!!!! When they don't drain the lake the trout are chasing the shad everywhere except the bottom!!!! For what ever reason shad don't like to swim near the bottom. Since everyone's bait's are on the bottom and all the fish are swimming 20 feet above that. Hence poor fishing. ya so whats the soloution to that to throw lures that look like shad or is it just tough luck?

etucker1959
12-28-2014, 05:06 PM
ya so whats the soloution to that to throw lures that look like shad or is it just tough luck?
That's a great question, I'm sorry I don't have the answer. Let me explain, by hook or crook I have been able to unlock the secret to all the pay lakes. When SARL was good like it was 2 years ago, I was going be booping back and forth between LNL or SARL. When SARL went south last year because they didn't drain it. I was mostly going to LNL and a little bit of Irvine. In other words when SARL goes south instead of trying to unlock the keys to the place, I just hit one of the other lakes pay lakes. I know, "I'm a coward!!!!!" I like SARL, but it's just too easy to hit up another lake and slay them!!!!

HawgZWylde
12-28-2014, 05:15 PM
ya so whats the soloution to that to throw lures that look like shad or is it just tough luck?

Match the hatch. Seems to me Kastmasters, Rooster tails, and small spoons would do that...

Marley
12-28-2014, 08:38 PM
Match the hatch. Seems to me Kastmasters, Rooster tails, and small spoons would do that...

Yup. Or slow-sink a 'crawler under working birds.

etucker1959
12-28-2014, 11:28 PM
Yup. Or slow-sink a 'crawler under working birds.
Marley you really are a genius!!!!!! Do any of you guy's remember the clear bobber with water in it???? It's designed to sink slowly and cover all the water depths!!!!!

seal
12-29-2014, 06:04 AM

Maybe a black wooly bugger? Nah rainbow puddy is easier when drinking a 12 pack.

Marley
12-29-2014, 01:07 PM
Maybe a black wooly bugger? Nah rainbow puddy is easier when drinking a 12 pack.

I was out at SARL Sunday, don't know how many times I muttered "STFU" to myself. This guy was so loud...

rabbit77
12-29-2014, 04:35 PM
I was out at SARL Sunday, don't know how many times I muttered "STFU" to myself. This guy was so loud...

Howd you do out there on sunday?

Marley
12-29-2014, 10:55 PM
Howd you do out there on sunday?

It wasn't my day, busted it for one fish. They were there but just not interested in anything I had or any way I presented it. Shad all over the place but I think the cormorants working the bait had the trout more spooky than the previous days' winds and crowds or the stained water. Saw a few good stringers come off the big levee, watched a couple of guys take seven or eight between them. Half of what I saw were lightnings and nothing huge. Sure wanted some of those, great fight and even better on the grill. Give it a week with the cleaner water coming in and it should be back on line.

The Walking Trout
12-30-2014, 12:04 AM
I tried the clear water bubble with a crawler dipped in garlic and it didn't work at Chris' Pond. I caught one on powerbait at the big lake. I think the trout were spooked by the v-shaped pelican gangsters in the sky and then landing in the water. a ton of them sitting and then converging on one spot splashing like they were in a gang fight and then....boom...they all spread out again only to gansta fight :Beat Stick: once again! The trout were probably glad the water was all muddied up!

HawgZWylde
12-30-2014, 06:28 PM

I destroy em every year in Bridgeport with an olive Bugger. I let my grand-kids float the dough. These days for me it's a thermos of hot coffee. Lol, that's why half way through it, I'm casting like I'm still 30...