PDA

View Full Version : Castaic CLOSED

loweboat
12-24-2014, 03:09 PM
Went to Castaic Lake today. They closed the upper lake main ramp due to brown "muck." or whatever you call that stuff that clogs the cooling system of motors. Not even the lifeguards or sheriffs launched their boats.
Even if the winds are calm, CALL the lake (661-257-4050) before leaving home.
I suspect this will go on for some time as the water level rises.
Castaic will be closed Christmas.

dkinla
12-24-2014, 05:49 PM
Hey thx for the update.

Is that muck basically along the shoreline everywhere including the dam? I'm just wondering if people can still fish off of the dam ok with that brown muck in the water. Or did u still see people fishin from shore?

goldenfish
12-24-2014, 06:18 PM
U guys don't miss any thing because fish don't bite there... They can close till new year and nobody care hahaha.

loweboat
12-24-2014, 06:49 PM
Their we're folks on the dam. I suspect if you walk along the shore you can avoid the muck.
Hey thx for the update.

Is that muck basically along the shoreline everywhere including the dam? I'm just wondering if people can still fish off of the dam ok with that brown muck in the water. Or did u still see people fishin from shore?

tommibear
12-26-2014, 09:27 PM
Was there on Tuesday and Wednesday.

Muck was everywhere. Sad to see the lake in such poor shape.

During the early morning hours on Wednesday, we saw a large boil at the end of the dam --- two nice sized striped bass were caught on swimbait. On Wednesday, the trout were hiding on the shore/cliff area to the right of the bait shop --- bite died after the muck drifted that direction.

MonsterGuppy
12-29-2014, 08:26 PM
Anyone know if its open for boats again yet ?

CAPT'N
12-30-2014, 01:42 PM
It was open Monday, and the fish were biting.........:Big Grin:

Fishbones
12-30-2014, 02:09 PM
Really... Please tell more..

fishinone
12-31-2014, 01:36 PM
Anyone know if its open for boats again yet ?

Report required!