PDA

View Full Version : SARL or LNL?

kzhlin
12-21-2014, 10:47 PM
Looking to take a friend fishing for the first time at either SARL or LNL.

Which one is better right now? Any tips?

Thanks!

lazyfisherman
12-22-2014, 05:32 AM
Depends when you go. I went to LNL yesterday and they didn't post up on their site they did not stock last week. Saw 3-4 trout caught from the shoreline and most boats had 1-3 fish. They're stocking 3000 lbs today so it should be good at LNL for the next couple days.

goodguy
12-22-2014, 08:59 AM
If LNL is stocked. It's no contest go there!

pescadito
12-22-2014, 11:56 AM
Any explanation as to why they did not stock last week?

Marley
12-22-2014, 12:16 PM

This is one reason I like fishing SARL and Corona. They plant and you know you can trust that they plant.

etucker1959
12-22-2014, 12:19 PM
The weather!!!! You have to remember, "they don't give you a guarantee like SARL does of stocking every week REGARDLESS of the weather!!!" Keep in mind also, the people who manage the pay lakes "AREN'T ROCKET SCIENTICISTS!!!!!"

Mr T-rex
12-22-2014, 12:59 PM
You can never go wrong with SARL they stock every week and some nice ones too!
Give SARL a shot just because of the guarantee on the stockings

As for tips green powerbait, or pink & white micetails
Also ive been getting them while jigging a split shot green worm

kzhlin
12-22-2014, 04:31 PM
Thanks for the info!

Any tips on where to fish from the shoreline? Haven't been to these 2 lakes in a long time... Haha.

Mr T-rex
12-22-2014, 05:13 PM
For SARL All around the lake has been great honestly but the top hot spots for me this season have been the boat dock, bubble hole, & the west side of chris pond
Any points around the lake should be good

Thanks for the info!

Any tips on where to fish from the shoreline? Haven't been to these 2 lakes in a long time... Haha.

kzhlin
12-22-2014, 06:01 PM
Depends when you go. I went to LNL yesterday and they didn't post up on their site they did not stock last week. Saw 3-4 trout caught from the shoreline and most boats had 1-3 fish. They're stocking 3000 lbs today so it should be good at LNL for the next couple days.

LNL's website confirms the 3000 lb. stock today! How long do you think this is good for? Thinking about heading up there wednesday.

kzhlin
12-22-2014, 06:17 PM
For SARL All around the lake has been great honestly but the top hot spots for me this season have been the boat dock, bubble hole, & the west side of chris pond
Any points around the lake should be good

Thanks! Will probably go to LNL this Wednesday and SARL over the weekend (since they only stock on Thursdays?).

Mr T-rex
12-22-2014, 07:55 PM
Yeah that would be good too! Hey you can't go wrong with fishing twice a week haha
Good luck out there
Looking forward to your report

smokehound
12-23-2014, 09:02 PM
Lake perris :D

fish'n fool
12-24-2014, 07:44 AM
Went to LNL last Thursday. Didn't know that the plant that was supposed to occur on Wednesday didn't happen. Found out from the lake personnel patrolling the shore. They said it was because not very many people came out to fish the previous week. The gentleman at the counter never said a word about the canceled stocking. No wonder fishing was poor on Thursday. Only saw a few fish caught. I notice they posted on their website that the stocking was canceled. Didn't see that until AFTER I got back from the lake. Not sure when they posted that. Irvine Lake or SARL stock regardless of weather or attendance. I don't think I'll be going back to LNL for a while.

etucker1959
12-24-2014, 09:10 AM
Went to LNL last Thursday. Didn't know that the plant that was supposed to occur on Wednesday didn't happen. Found out from the lake personnel patrolling the shore. They said it was because not very many people came out to fish the previous week. The gentleman at the counter never said a word about the canceled stocking. No wonder fishing was poor on Thursday. Only saw a few fish caught. I notice they posted on their website that the stocking was canceled. Didn't see that until AFTER I got back from the lake. Not sure when they posted that. Irvine Lake or SARL stock regardless of weather or attendance. I don't think I'll be going back to LNL for a while.
I'm sorry you feel that way it can be a very good lake. My buddy's went in a boat yesterday and caught 23 trout in a half/day fishing. My buddy told me he did a little better then most people. Let me give some advice to everyone. Call the day before your going and make sure they stocked it that week. They will tell you over the phone if they did or did not. The hot rig all season is a pink/white mouse tail, fished on a 6 inch leader dipped in Garlic. Good luck to everyone who is going. I do have one hot spot that can be fished from either a boat or shore, if you want it pm me for details.

kzhlin
12-25-2014, 04:36 PM
Had an INCREDIBLE time fishing at LNL yesterday.

Posted report here: http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?82592-LNL-Report-(12-24-14)&p=752396#post752396