PDA

View Full Version : Mixed bag all week

P.A.W.
12-15-2014, 03:20 PM
Man, those regulars are all familiar with the refrain "That's Skinner for you". Well, that's the story for the whole last week. One day the bait (and consequently the fish) are up in the east end. It was bedlam! Stripers and largemouth were both biting. Big Bob was complaining that his arm hurt from throwing lures and reeling in so many fish. It lasted 2 days then blah! A day or two went by then on again! Got a text from Ddoskocil on Sunday. Slow again.... blah! Went out today (Monday) myself and it was indeed slow in the east end. Got 1 early along with numerous follows and some boils on my topwater. Askwhy checked out both the inlet and main buoy line and reported they were off. Stayed til 11 or so and eeked out a few more but real tough. Just when you think the old shad pattern has set in, it goes away. Oh, BTW the water level is up maybe 4 feet. Only 16 more to go.....

Still, a nice way to spend the time between rain periods.

Harley51
12-16-2014, 07:36 AM
Thanks Pat see you soon. It will be nice to fish without worrying about getting back to work.

ddoskocil
12-16-2014, 10:15 AM
Yeah, Sunday, 3 hours of one bite, only saw 4 stripers get landed, 2-3 pounders on spooks. It was a clear morning, that didn't help...Be back after Xmas!

Fishbones
12-16-2014, 06:06 PM
Boils in December,
who knew? Loll
Congrats on scratching away at em.

P.A.W.
12-18-2014, 01:29 PM
Still more of the same 12/18. Only a few splashers early. Everyone had a tough time. Even the shorelines that held birds yesterday were barren. Chalk it up to post-frontal conditions. Managed a few, but had to really work for 'em.

P.A.W.
12-19-2014, 02:06 PM
Back at it again today 12/19. If anything it is slower. No shad up at all. I trolled through some pretty big marks on the meter and was sure I'd get hit.... nada. Just a couple early then it stopped. Saw TO and H-Core out there. Hope they did better than everyone else.