PDA

View Full Version : What if it rains Friday still tournament?

blakeb
12-09-2014, 09:16 PM
Hey irvine question will tournament still continue if it rains Friday die to possible mud roads and no lake access

troutdog
12-09-2014, 10:39 PM
Unless the weather is of epic biblical proportions I'm sure the show will go on as planned....I've fished in CRAZY rain at the Vine on tournament days, survival of the fittest for the win Blake! Good luck out there!

TD

VineVideos
12-10-2014, 06:23 AM
Unless the weather is of epic biblical proportions I'm sure the show will go on as planned....I've fished in CRAZY rain at the Vine on tournament days, survival of the fittest for the win Blake! Good luck out there!

TD

I like your attitude, TD !!

trollmiester
12-10-2014, 09:04 AM
have rain suit will travel

vineline
12-10-2014, 10:28 AM
Good morning FNN:
As of right now the show will go on...
This is my plan for heavy rains: If you wish to launch your boat on Thursday before the Storm you are welcome to do so. (I will only charge you for 1 night as if it were Friday)
We will have the overnight slip available on Trout Island. (Park at your own risk during the storm and keep in mind we close at 4 pm on Thursdays)
So you would launch from the West shore and then come back around and park your vehicles and trailors on the black top.
We are currently working on the small middle road between the main launch ramp and trout island, laying down as much
gravel and rock as we posssibly can. If that works and we can get vehicles to Trout Island then we can shuttle the shore fishermen to the West Shore, and we can shuttle
boat renters to the rental dock and private boaters will be able to pick up their boats.
The problem will be with the private boaters that come in on Friday and Saturday. If it does not rain too hard on Friday and we have enough hours
to dry out, we may be able to get you to the launch ramp. If we don't dry out and you don't already have your boat on the water then plan on fishing from shore or from a rental.
There is nothing I can do.
The entire staff including myself are doing our very best to make Saturday happen.
Lets hope the rain stops early and we have time to dry out those roads. Cross your fingers everyone!

Vineline

trollmiester
12-10-2014, 12:30 PM
thanx for the update.it looks like very well planed situation from Irvine standpoint.lets cross our fingers.thanx again for updates as they happen.

troutdog
12-10-2014, 01:29 PM
Irvine Lake ready to do all it can to make for a great time....thank you!

Team57 will be out in force rain or shine this weekend. We are celebrating a members 50th birthday Saturday night so swing by and join the holiday potluck festivities, not sure where we'll be camping with the rains but you can't miss us because we'll be the largest/loudest group out there!

TD

Cadillyak
12-10-2014, 01:50 PM
So what about us kayakers? Will we be able to wheel our kayaks to the waters edge and launch?? I have a PA12 and am pretty sure I could hang with the big boys.

blakeb
12-10-2014, 07:06 PM
Irvine Lake ready to do all it can to make for a great time....thank you!

Team57 will be out in force rain or shine this weekend. We are celebrating a members 50th birthday Saturday night so swing by and join the holiday potluck festivities, not sure where we'll be camping with the rains but you can't miss us because we'll be the largest/loudest group out there!

TD
Hey how's going Aaron i will be out there Saturday I'm rolling solo so far the girls aren't going to come out with me scared of the rain ha. You fishing on a boat I'm thinking about tubing

blakeb
12-10-2014, 07:08 PM
Good morning FNN:
As of right now the show will go on...
This is my plan for heavy rains: If you wish to launch your boat on Thursday before the Storm you are welcome to do so. (I will only charge you for 1 night as if it were Friday)
We will have the overnight slip available on Trout Island. (Park at your own risk during the storm and keep in mind we close at 4 pm on Thursdays)
So you would launch from the West shore and then come back around and park your vehicles and trailors on the black top.
We are currently working on the small middle road between the main launch ramp and trout island, laying down as much
gravel and rock as we posssibly can. If that works and we can get vehicles to Trout Island then we can shuttle the shore fishermen to the West Shore, and we can shuttle
boat renters to the rental dock and private boaters will be able to pick up their boats.
The problem will be with the private boaters that come in on Friday and Saturday. If it does not rain too hard on Friday and we have enough hours
to dry out, we may be able to get you to the launch ramp. If we don't dry out and you don't already have your boat on the water then plan on fishing from shore or from a rental.
There is nothing I can do.
The entire staff including myself are doing our very best to make Saturday happen.
Lets hope the rain stops early and we have time to dry out those roads. Cross your fingers everyone!

Vineline

Thank you I really appreciate the response last question I have is about tubing do you think a launch spot would be possible if it rains?

troutdog
12-10-2014, 07:25 PM
Hey how's going Aaron i will be out there Saturday I'm rolling solo so far the girls aren't going to come out with me scared of the rain ha. You fishing on a boat I'm thinking about tubing

Fishing Sunday on a boat, just coming out Saturday to enjoy the festivities and an evening under the stars. Hopefully fires area go after this rain. Good luck Blake, hope to see you at the weigh in holding an envelope stuffed with cash brotha!

TD

Cadillyak
12-10-2014, 08:24 PM
Thank you I really appreciate the response last question I have is about tubing do you think a launch spot would be possible if it rains?

I second this. Will there be tubing allowed? Just in case I can't yak??

vineline
12-11-2014, 10:11 AM
It depends on the conditions.
If the winds are calm and the conditions on the water is safe you will be allowed to kayak and float tube.

HELLSTER INC.
12-12-2014, 09:44 AM
I am thinking sunday might be the better option. Would hate to drive all the way out there and not be able to launch kayak due to windy conditions! :Confused: Can't decide!

Big Willy
12-12-2014, 10:22 AM
what I want to know is, did anyone put a boat on the water thursday before the storm? I wouldn't want my boat sitting in the water or under the water right now…

blakeb
12-12-2014, 11:39 AM
Suppose to be 3-5 inches of rain today

dj-nextone
12-12-2014, 03:46 PM

How are the road conditions ? I am going to be fishing from the shore tomorrow will I be able to drive to the west shore or the flats ? Any info would help thanks