PDA

View Full Version : Best surf fishing spots?

La_angler18
12-08-2014, 03:04 PM
What's going on guys/gals. I'm new to this page and I've just started surf fishing about two months ago. I usually headed down to the jetty and there was good and bad days. I have found much more consistency and productivity fishing from the surf. I drive down to Malibu and the fishing is great. However, I want to explore some new locations. I'm looking for spots that are also consistent and usually hold the big ones. Surf perch, smelt and sharks are what I usually catch but I'm trying to aim for corvina, halibut, and other larger species. Your input is highly appreciated, thank you. :Thumbs Up:

PokerFish
12-08-2014, 05:24 PM
I've been looking for someone to fish the Malibu and Ventura area with. Where do you live?

darla
12-09-2014, 08:51 AM
Cor V ina? or Cor B ina? Two different species.

PokerFish
12-09-2014, 11:22 AM
Cor V ina? or Cor B ina? Two different species.

Well, Corvina can't be caught in our surf so I'm pretty sure he means Corbina

PTN
12-09-2014, 01:44 PM
Well, Corvina can't be caught in our surf so I'm pretty sure he means Corbina

Corvina is possible. I've heard of a couple guys catching it here and even witnessed one caught by a friend. Check out Arthur's catch below

http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?81373-S-W-A-T-quot-Exotics-quot-Surf-Session-New-Species!-Sunday-9-14

La_angler18 welcome to the fourm, trying using google maps and testing the waters out. It's a lot of fun that way when you finally do find a spot. I wish I could point you to something more specific but I'm far from where you are and don't usually fish that area and watch out for MLPA zones.

PokerFish
12-09-2014, 07:49 PM
Corvina is possible. I've heard of a couple guys catching it here and even witnessed one caught by a friend. Check out Arthur's catch below

http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?81373-S-W-A-T-quot-Exotics-quot-Surf-Session-New-Species!-Sunday-9-14

La_angler18 welcome to the fourm, trying using google maps and testing the waters out. It's a lot of fun that way when you finally do find a spot. I wish I could point you to something more specific but I'm far from where you are and don't usually fish that area and watch out for MLPA zones.

Wow, I stand corrected. They even caught a Needle Fish on the same day.....crazy.

exfactor
12-09-2014, 09:22 PM
The best surf fishing spots are the 1's that YOU discover from your exploits.

tamddo714
12-15-2014, 09:13 PM
anywhere with water!