PDA

View Full Version : Quick Report for Saturday, Dec. 6

Bassfan
12-07-2014, 09:52 AM
Ran into Fishbones when I got in line and had a chance to talk for a while. They finally let us go into the lake 10 minutes late for some reason as we all were anxious to hit the water.

Lake level a couple feet higher but barely noticeable. Tried some casting early as a few birds showed the way but didn’t really see any fish break the surface. First hookup power reeling felt like a decent fish but when he got to the surface he was green. The bird action lasted for a short time and then it just looked quiet out there with no wind.

There were fish on the graph in places but they showed little interest in biting.

Brought some sardines and anchovies with the hope that bait season might be here but after wasting a couple hours of the morning watching marks on the graph under the boat and not even a bite, I gave that up wondering if this is going to be a bad year for bait or just a late start.

It was time for my lunch and all I had to show for the first half of the day was that green guy.

Pulled out the U-rigs and started to troll. The back of the ski arm gave me one decent one but in general it looked fairly empty on the finder. Hit another area and started picking up some better grade fish. Trolling saved the day.

After cutting too close to a rock ledge I got one rig stuck and a sharp rock cut the braid. Bummer!

Ended up with 8 before calling it a day around 2.

When I got back to the dock there were guys crowded into the corner of the dam picking off trout and each other’s lines as they cast into the same spot.

trail blazer
12-07-2014, 10:06 AM
WTG BassFan,,,,,,,,,,,,,Good to see that staic is ilive and well,,CONGRATS!

TRAIL BLAZER

Fishbones
12-07-2014, 10:44 AM
Hey Jim, good seeing you and chatting it up while we wait. Glad you got into some. Sucks about the U Rig. Part of fishing is losing gear, i can vouch for that. Lol
I'm still chasing my swimbait piggy.

cutbait
12-07-2014, 11:21 AM
Nice day on the water.

Thanks for the report BF

Stumpknocker
12-07-2014, 12:06 PM
Nice to see a Castaic report...thanks Bassfan...good job finding them with the u-rig, I've left a few of those rigs on the bottom as well...this time last year the bait bite was great, but not this year it appears, at least yet...

fishinone
12-08-2014, 01:27 PM
You're a slayer Jim!

Congrats on the catching my friend!

catchingsomefish
12-10-2014, 09:50 AM
Thanks for the report Jim, with the exception of the green thing and the lost urig, sounds like a pretty good day, I bet folks back east wish they could be trolling this time of year!..................Dave