PDA

View Full Version : 12-6 stockers

howstar
12-06-2014, 02:56 PM
Made another mission over the hill today. While I was unsure what to expect in terms of post storm conditions. What I found was the water level slightly lower than previous trips and maybe a foot less visibility. Still pretty clear though. I think it was lower cause they were pumping water, but what do I know I've only been here a handful of times. I caught one at a siphon with 1/2 ounce fluke. And two in open water with a duo realis 120 with beefed up split rings and 2x hooks. These fish I'm catching are the equivalent to county stock trout in regard to they are all cookie cutter fish. Two to three pound striped bass, which I will now refer to as stockers. Fished from 5am to 12 pm. Walked an easy 6 miles today for a total of 3 stockers all released. Gotta keep picking through the small ones to get to the big ones.

Fishbones
12-06-2014, 08:55 PM
keep at em, its just a game of duck, duck, goose..just be ready when "IT" hits. lol

howstar
12-07-2014, 08:28 AM
keep at em, its just a game of duck, duck, goose..just be ready when "IT" hits. lol
Its definitely what it feels like! But I'm a player in the game. Picked up a 13 concept reel with 22 pounds drag on black Friday sale. I'm a dreamer so maybe one day I will put it to the test. Showing up is half the battle as I've been told.