PDA

View Full Version : King Harbor,Redondo

AllaboutTrout
12-05-2014, 02:33 PM
Has anyone been to King Harbor lately ? Any bonito on the chew? Is there bait available?

DockRat
12-07-2014, 06:27 AM
Call Redondo Sportfishing.

fishshep
12-08-2014, 07:10 PM
When the stacks are blowing smoke,that is when you go, which means the plant is pumping warm water into the harbor
right by the little pier. calling what D.R. said would be the best, but make sure to ask about the stacks.There is a live cam
way to find out to,but I forgot the site name.

Basspass
12-08-2014, 10:23 PM
Is king harbor better fishing than the marina del rey harbor?

Ifishtoolittle
12-08-2014, 10:32 PM
There's so many questions but never any reports. KH and MDR are 2 different fisheries. To say one is better than the other is unfair since both hold large fish. But, to get to these large fish you'll often need some kind of watercraft. Call the landing.

Basspass
12-08-2014, 11:00 PM
Planning to get out to mdr on kayak this week. Probably toss jigs and maybe grab some live bait if I feel like hauling a live bait tank with me.
It would be my first time there, if you have any insight or advice I would appreciate it.

I'll make sure to drop you guys a full report upon my return.
Anyone who cares to join, pm me.

BALLERONBUDGET
12-09-2014, 07:37 AM
KH is shorter but like the wild west out there... everyone for themselves! boats going in full throttle not observing no wake zone. ... seen 1/2 day boat almost run over the paddle roat rental people.... even paddle boarders with no glow stix in the middle of night........ MDR like ALAMITOS is long as heck to paddle out to , evn with a trolling motor takes about 30min....; atleast all 3 are yak /small boat friendly ... lbc $12, mdr $12... KH $2/HR no maximum parking rates.. by the way if it gets windy to better be strong enuff to go against the current to get u back.... gud luck

DockRat
12-09-2014, 05:53 PM
The last 3 years the power plant has rarely ran. I have seen steam less than a dozen days this year and can see it from my house.
I was down there today for a quick look at Joes Crab Shack (JCS) and no bubble was running.

Big fight in Redondo over the power plant. It is worn out and needs to be rebuilt. If they build a new plant then it will no longer be saltwater cooled.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohnllGAbYGw

DockRat
12-09-2014, 05:57 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8e7flr4vASU