PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone fishing Irvine lake this season?

AllaboutTrout
12-05-2014, 02:26 PM
Seems like every thread is started by the Irvine Lake Management. Practically no fishing reports from unattached anglers. Is it me or do all the message boards seem less active these days than in the past?

gogreeenz4
12-05-2014, 03:19 PM
was out there on sunday 11/30 and boy is it shallow! (I would not recommend putting a boat in the water unless its a smaller boat) the launch ramp or west shore wall is very hard to launch from. Fishing was so so got a few on the drop shot and jig but nothing to call home about. as for the trout it seemed like they where getting them pretty good.. not sure how or what they were using but seemed like they where getting them.. really hope this place gets some water its a great lake and really close to home but its not boat friendly at all right now

hookerz
12-05-2014, 03:25 PM
It's been getting water for about 2 months now and got alot more with the rain. The ramps have been fine and might have moved closer as the water has risen. I haven't been out in about 2 weeks but theres lots of fish out there as the bite hasn't really turned on yet. Most the posting is done via facebooks Team 57 page now. Tight lines,

BentRod
12-05-2014, 06:03 PM
^^^^ Haven't been in a few weeks, but agree ramp is not bad. I hear it is pretty crowded though!

VineVideos
12-06-2014, 05:55 AM
I am currently working on a new episode of Angler Chronicles for FOX Sports West Television. It is all about Irvine Lake and will air December 14 at 9:30 A.M.

It is all Brown and Rainbow Trout we have caught in the last two weeks. Yes, the water is low but really on the rise like hookerz says. Looking better every day.

Watch this episode and you will see that there is very good fishing from the west shore. It's called "A December to Remember." Hope everyone will get a chance to see it. Set your DVR's.

Danny Jackson

etucker1959
12-06-2014, 08:56 AM
Seems like every thread is started by the Irvine Lake Management. Practically no fishing reports from unattached anglers. Is it me or do all the message boards seem less active these days than in the past?
Let me do a Tom Cruise imitation, "Can you handle the Truth"!!!!!!! This is not about Irvine lake in particular, but all fish reports here on FNN. It takes time and effort to write any good fish report. If the author was then given praise for his efforts, he would surely want to do it again. Unfortunately in some cases, someone or some people will post something negative about that persons fish report. Which then has the effect of that person not wanting to write any more fish reports. There are still some good reporters on here, I wish there were just more of them!!!!

hookerz
12-06-2014, 11:18 AM
It's been my experience that any negative fishing report on here is seen as sponsor bashing and that person is kicked out. It's happened to many people here. Only good reports are acceptable here. Unfortunately, fishing is fishing and not all days or locations are good. If a lake or spot isn't happening and I'm trying to get get some info. on it before heading out, I'd like to know the truth and not just some contrived rose colored report to make a spot look good. I'm sorry if some sponsors get a little butt hurt over bad reports but its bound to happen. Ok, I've probably got myself banished once more but hopefully things have changed here a bit so maybe some of the old Fnners' will come back to post here once again.

wetsuitxninja
12-06-2014, 04:30 PM
Ive been out a few times. Fishing was ok. Got a couple trout, my brother got into a decent brown (last weds dec 3). The water clarity wasn't great, I think water temps were in the high 50's. TONS of shad hanging out 15-20 feet deep just outside the west shore buoy line. Ball after ball after ball of them. Most fish were caught with a flylined crawler while slowly moving (float tube troll)

I spoke with some guys at the cleaning station, they had a similar report, tons of shad, a couple fish. I believe they got one trolling and the others on trout worms if I recall correctly.

dj-nextone
12-08-2014, 12:20 AM
I Was out there for the shimano tourney and fishing was not too bad. Me and family caugt 4 good size trout ,all were 3,70 plus. I'm excited for the holiday tournament ... Good luck to everybody ... Peace

trollmiester
12-08-2014, 11:02 AM
you want a update--here it is trollers in rentals are doing better in the morning on rapalas.as boat traffic increses trolling slows down.bait and wait is tough in the wind but good with no wind ,blown up night crawler with scent and 6 inch leader.if you are on a boat put a crawler out on a bobber around your boat while anchored.you have to work for your limits trolling,red clay cliffs dam area ,try everywhere and enjoy the boat ride.speed up slow down ,try s pattern,just anything but the boring same pattern,change it up.if you get frustrated take a break and go get a cheeseburger with no onion.lolol

troutdog
12-08-2014, 11:26 AM
you want a update--here it is trollers in rentals are doing better in the morning on rapalas.as boat traffic increses trolling slows down.bait and wait is tough in the wind but good with no wind ,blown up night crawler with scent and 6 inch leader.if you are on a boat put a crawler out on a bobber around your boat while anchored.you have to work for your limits trolling,red clay cliffs dam area ,try everywhere and enjoy the boat ride.speed up slow down ,try s pattern,just anything but the boring same pattern,change it up.if you get frustrated take a break and go get a cheeseburger with no onion.lolol

Great report Trolly!

See you this weekend, bring on the rain....

TD

AllaboutTrout
12-08-2014, 12:02 PM

This gentleman can always be counted on for a report,even if it's generic.lol. Thank you for your efforts. This man is truly an avid fisherman.

AllaboutTrout
12-08-2014, 12:03 PM
thanks everyone for responding.I'll be out of my wheelchair in about two months and hopefully fishing soon after. I'll write reports when I fish.

Stormcrow
12-08-2014, 02:11 PM
At 35 bucks to launch Ill pass the irvine mudhole and go to Perris. Thanks anyway.

BlueGillChaser
12-08-2014, 03:36 PM
fishing sucks...dont go after the rain you will get stuck. The guy in the beat up truck will charge you 100 bucks to get you out....SMDH

hookerz
12-11-2014, 04:03 PM
At 35 bucks to launch Ill pass the irvine mudhole and go to Perris. Thanks anyway.

Thank you :Big Grin: