PDA

View Full Version : Breakwall Hooping

Re8elmonk0341
10-06-2007, 05:35 PM
Hooped LB last night with a buddy. Got in the water @ 8pm and drop our 1st net 'bout 8:30 very slow for the lobster. Did managed a few. got 2 legals just outside the wall 'bout 150m past the blinking green light. Called a night @ 2am.

Total count:
2 lobster
1 rock
5 spiders

TrailerTrout
10-06-2007, 06:16 PM
At least you got a couple. Good job.
I went out on opening day (night) and didn't have any luck. How deep are you setting your hoops? I think I may be setting them too deep (40').
Any advice would be appreciated. i'm still new to the hooping thing.

-TT

mg2969
10-06-2007, 06:57 PM
I hear they're in the 20 and under depths and until the winter months (dec/ jan/feb) shouldn't be moving out into deeper water.

Re8elmonk0341
10-06-2007, 08:40 PM
At least you got a couple. Good job.
I went out on opening day (night) and didn't have any luck. How deep are you setting your hoops? I think I may be setting them too deep (40').
Any advice would be appreciated. i'm still new to the hooping thing.

-TT

I went out opening day/night as well...out @ dana point. got two legals and a grip of shorts. i just go off my depth finder and usually give it bout 2-3' of slack and then zip-tie the rest. when i was @ the wall it was bout 38-45' on the inside and on the back it was 48-55'. im new to this hooping thing too but i wanna get better real fast lol. you should hit me up next time you go out Trailer.

FISHNMOFO
10-06-2007, 11:37 PM
At least u got acouple!!! :thumb:
we fixed are lob and crabs today on the bar-b-q!! fricken awsome!!! the crab was the favorite!!!!!!! :D

Re8elmonk0341
10-07-2007, 09:36 AM
At least u got acouple!!! :thumb:
we fixed are lob and crabs today on the bar-b-q!! fricken awsome!!! the crab was the favorite!!!!!!! :D

Man that sounds good BBQ :D thanx for the tip dude ,Hit me up next time, maybe we can BB out to get some bugs. we steamed ours the night or lets just say, the morning we got back :D :D . didnt want to keep it out so itll die. man theres a lot of meat on those lobsters.