PDA

View Full Version : Anybody getting stripers on the troll?

Surfnsnowboard3
11-30-2014, 06:49 PM
Usually it's going this time of year. Thinking about going out tomorrow. PM me if you don't want the secret out.

Thanks

Dci4me
11-30-2014, 06:58 PM
Just got back. Was on the water from about 0615 to 1400 hours. Extremely tough day. Low pressure moving in tomorrow, maybe the bite will pick up. Let us know how you do. I heard at the launch that there were still some browns near the east dam.

Good luck.

Matt_Magnone
11-30-2014, 10:25 PM
They're biting. Was on the water today. I got them on the cast.

Surfnsnowboard3
12-01-2014, 02:17 PM
Wow, what a difference a year makes. It's been a year since I've been to DVL. Took my boat out for some trolling. On the water at 7 am. Lost 8 U-rigs in 3 hours. Horrible, horrible day. Nothing else to say. No fish caught. None metered.

Dci4me
12-01-2014, 08:04 PM
Matt - were you working the attenuator early in the morning? I think I saw you.

Matt_Magnone
12-01-2014, 08:54 PM
Yep that was me. Yesterday the stripers bit full speed in waves throughout the day. They were all larger models (12-18) rather than the normal little runts we've been catching. All my buddies out had good numbers. I even caught some smaller models in the 8 pound range pitching swimbaits shallow targeting the largemouth.

Today the stripers were boiling on the East side of the lake. When I came in around 4:00 a buddy of mine was dumped down having his pick at fish. Thinking they ended up with their best 5 for 35 pounds or something. With the lack of wind, the big bait bite wasn't as good as yesterday was.

Surfnsnowboard3
12-01-2014, 09:08 PM
Yep that was me. Yesterday the stripers bit full speed in waves throughout the day. They were all larger models (12-18) rather than the normal little runts we've been catching. All my buddies out had good numbers. I even caught some smaller models in the 8 pound range pitching swimbaits shallow targeting the largemouth.

Today the stripers were boiling on the East side of the lake. When I came in around 4:00 a buddy of mine was dumped down having his pick at fish. Thinking they ended up with their best 5 for 35 pounds or something. With the lack of wind, the big bait bite wasn't as good as yesterday was.

Well I'm glad SOMEBODY was catching the stripers today. I had a hell of a time getting caught up every 20 min. After disaster after disaster, I called it a day and went and bought a new rod/reel at Last chance.

I was trolling the northeast side and didn't see any boils.

Matt_Magnone
12-01-2014, 09:35 PM
weird. i ran low on fuel down by the rock quarry and had no choice but to motor just in gear back to the ramp. fuel was too low to get on plane without the alarm going off. needless to say i threw a swimbait stick in the rod holder and trolled back to the launch ramp. when i crossed from the south to the north shore i was seeing random pods of fish start breaking. it was pretty much that way all the way from middle point back to the marina. out 100-200 yards from the atenuator, there were several pods of fish up at any given time. nothing wild looking just fish popping at random, then a flurry, then they'd dip down and come back up 50' to the left or right... the usual DVL stuff.