PDA

View Full Version : 9er/seachicken ingame

cutbait
11-27-2014, 06:45 PM
Almost halftime and it's 13-0 and all seattle!

Good news for the 9ers are they have nowhere to go but up!.. strong defense in holding Seattle to only 13... great defense stop at the 1 yard line on that 63 yd pass that almost had Wilson sacked twice!

It's a good thing 9ers squeezed out wins against 4-7 Saints, 3-8 Giants, and 3-8 redskins over the past three weeks! Really boosting their confidence going into the second half of this game.

Kaep is going to really explode in the second half.. probably throw for 60 yds alone in the half..

Even if they lose, it will be a great loss and Borland is the man!... playoff hopes eternal!

cutbait
11-27-2014, 06:49 PM
Man, had cox not fumbled that he may have gone to the house?

goldenfish
11-27-2014, 06:53 PM
Niners are screw...period...

cutbait
11-27-2014, 06:59 PM
Niners are screw...period...

Nah... setting up for a comeback

cutbait
11-27-2014, 07:26 PM
16-0.. that 9er offense and Kaep just about to GO OFF!

cutbait
11-27-2014, 07:40 PM
Now we're talking!.. 3 completions on that drive alone.. on the board!

16-3

Double A
11-27-2014, 07:44 PM
Good thing Kaep isn't a back up... That would take him out of "SuperBowl" status of QB's.

cutbait
11-27-2014, 07:48 PM
Good thing Kaep isn't a back up... That would take him out of "SuperBowl" status of QB's.
my old self would say he looks like a 2nd stringer...

But not anymore and my directive to quit bashing the 9ers...

Kaep just needs playing time. Not RG3 playing time, Kaep playing time ♡

cutbait
11-27-2014, 07:54 PM
19-3... what a game for the defense! Holding Wilson from all those TD!s

Double A
11-27-2014, 08:12 PM
At least Crabtree has 1 more reception than Sherman.

cutbait
11-27-2014, 08:16 PM
4.5 min left... wait for this comeback!

cutbait
11-27-2014, 08:33 PM
Tough loss..

If it wasn't for the interceptions, lack of offense, a little more defense, and some more ref help they had that game..

There is always Oakland next week! That ought to right this ship.

When you go 4-1 over the past 5 it's always good.. even though if 4 of those teams have won 7 total this season

Over/Under on ER visits from fans next week when OK and SF play?

Mr T-rex
11-27-2014, 09:03 PM
Ohh your back huh ?
How about your QB Stanton ? What happened there ?

At least Crabtree has 1 more reception than Sherman.

cutbait
11-27-2014, 09:13 PM
Ohh your back huh ?
How about your QB Stanton ? What happened there ?

What happened to kaep?

SwimbaitOnly
11-27-2014, 09:44 PM
What happened to kaep?
Kap sucks that's what happened. Can't read a defense. He's not a pocket passer. Which they are trying to make him. Need a new offensive coordinator. Defense is OK. Other than that I say 8-8 no playoffs.

cutbait
11-27-2014, 10:01 PM
Kap sucks that's what happened. Can't read a defense. He's not a pocket passer. Which they are trying to make him. Need a new offensive coordinator. Defense is OK. Other than that I say 8-8 no playoffs.

Kaep NEEDZ to run...

RG3 needs to run...

Wilson needs to run....

Out of those three Wilson is the only one rushing anymore

SwimbaitOnly
11-27-2014, 10:08 PM
Kaep NEEDZ to run...

RG3 needs to run...

Wilson needs to run....

Out of those three Wilson is the only one rushing anymore
Bingo.....they're trying to prove a point this year by having him stay in the pocket more. (That he can be a pocket passer) That's not working to well. Let him be himself and scramble around and make plays.

cutbait
11-27-2014, 10:11 PM
Bingo.....they're trying to prove a point this year by having him stay in the pocket more. (That he can be a pocket passer) That's not working to well. Let him be himself and scramble around and make plays.

Agreed......

Mr T-rex
11-28-2014, 12:03 AM
They need to unleash kaep!
Let him runnnnnnnnn that's how we got to the Super Bowl by running
Offense cordinator needs to go & I have never seen kaep play so bad in my life

cutbait
11-28-2014, 04:23 AM
They need to unleash kaep!
Let him runnnnnnnnn that's how we got to the Super Bowl by running
Offense cordinator needs to go & I have never seen kaep play so bad in my life

Because he's not a passing Quarterback like we've been telling you for years now. He was never good. H

DEVOREFLYER
11-28-2014, 05:00 AM
This disappointed 49ers fan got it right.

http://i.imgur.com/gwKDLfV.jpg

goldenfish
11-28-2014, 07:42 AM
Because he's not a passing Quarterback like we've been telling you for years now. He was never good. H
Agreed. This kid was not as good as people expected. Alex Smith was much better. Forget about play off this year.

Mr T-rex
11-30-2014, 01:54 PM
How about your "Super Bowl" team being down 17-0 ???
Drew Stanton 10 yds 1 interception so much for a Super Bowl qb
Does this still look like a "super bowl" team ? To you

goldenfish
11-30-2014, 02:04 PM
Who give the sh.t about Arizona lose a game!!!
Just worry about ur niners..

Mr T-rex
11-30-2014, 02:24 PM
Lol this is about me being wrong about what is a "Super Bowl" team

Who give the sh.t about Arizona lose a game!!!
Just worry about ur niners..

cutbait
11-30-2014, 02:37 PM
Lol this is about me being wrong about what is a "Super Bowl" team

Yeah it is about how many time t Rex can be wrong and refuse to acknowledge

Double A
11-30-2014, 03:03 PM
How about your "Super Bowl" team being down 17-0 ???
Drew Stanton 10 yds 1 interception so much for a Super Bowl qb
Does this still look like a "super bowl" team ? To you

I never said AZ was my team.
I never said AZ was a SuperBowl team.
I am not Nostradamus.
I don't claim to know the future, like some.
Your comprehension, of your OWN thoughts makes me laugh.

Mr T-rex
11-30-2014, 03:21 PM
Lol get out of here! Weren't we arguing about what was a "Super Bowl" team ? Didn't you get aggressive when I said AZ wasn't a superbowl team ?
I never said AZ was my team.
I never said AZ was a SuperBowl team.
I am not Nostradamus.
I don't claim to know the future, like some.
Your comprehension, of your OWN thoughts makes me laugh.

Mr T-rex
11-30-2014, 03:22 PM
Awww cut bait to the rescue how cute

Yeah it is about how many time t Rex can be wrong and refuse to acknowledge

Double A
11-30-2014, 03:33 PM
Again your comprehension is worse than your team.
I could care less if the Cards make the SuperBowl.
My problem is how definitive you were to call out... "Not a SuperBowl team"
Like your some all knowing football genius.

In reality, the odds are in your favor, as only 2 teams will make the big dance.
Whether its AZ or the 9ers... NOBODY knows. Not even you.

MustHuntAndFish
11-30-2014, 08:26 PM
Two things this thread reminds me of.

#1. Cutbait is still a troll.

#2. Trex still throws **** at the wall to see what sticks... Last year he said. " mark my words... Sea isnt for real"

MustHuntAndFish
11-30-2014, 08:29 PM
As a true Niner fan I am trying to think of ways to make them better.

They should have all of their receivers wear Richard Sherman jerseys in games from now on... Then maybe Kap will hit THEM right between the numbers!

basshole1
12-01-2014, 07:27 AM
My :My Two Cents: regarding the niners: As a true and die-hard niner fan, this team needs to make some serious adjustments or outright changes in personnel. Let's start with No. 7. Watching Kap play this year is frustrating beyond words. Roman and Harbaugh's attempt to convert Kap into a pocket passer is completely taking him out of his element and negatively affecting his decision making on the field. With that being said, even if Kap were to be "set free" and the team allowed him to revert back to a similar playing style of previous years, I strongly believe Kap is NOT the franchise QB that the niners have been looking for. You see, I've never been a fan of the mobile quarterback. Sure they have incredible athletic ability, are entertaining to watch and may propose a headache to opposing offensive coordinators; but they are too vulnerable and history has proven that they cannot elevate their respective teams to a championship status. I strongly believe a pocket passer who retains in-depth knowledge of the game along with good DECISION making ability will always persevere versus flash and athletic talent. I think we can agree that this holds true in any sport. However, there is always an exception to the rule, and this anomaly goes by the name of Russell Wilson. BUT, even Russell Wilson uses his athletic ability to evade the rush and PASS the ball the down field, providing an opportunity for his receivers to make a play. Sure he runs the ball, but it seems as though he's off to the races when the situation calls for it and not solely because his athletic ability allows him to do so. In other words, it's the best and right move given the determining factors on the field. It kills me to say this, but Wilson's DECISION making ability is fantastic. This is very different to the Mike Vick's or last year's Colin Kaepernick. If Wilson didn't play for the dang s--thawks, he just might be my favorite QB. Still, give me a Matt Ryan or a Joe Flacco any day of the week. They may not be Brady or Rodgers, but I'll take them over Newton and RG3 in half a heartbeat. The only good thing that we have with Kap is the sh---y @$$ contract he signed with the franchise. The number is $126 million, but he is guaranteed almost none of it and we have the right to release him at any given time. Trent Baalke is no dummy, +1 for the franchise. Harbaugh, keep him, trade him, I could care less. Crabtree = Garbage. Why does Vernon Davis have less than 25 receptions thus far? Get him involved...that's one guy that can spread the field and create nightmarish matchups for defenses. Speaking of defense, our defense is playing nice. Second in the league....with all the injuries and off the field drama, two of our best LB's out, I'll take it. I really like how Borland has stepped up and made an impression filling in for Willis. He's gonna be a good one. Bethea was a decent addition as well. In conclusion, the remaining schedule is not in our favor. I don't see us beating the seahawks on the road or the cards at home. With that being said, our chances of making the playoffs this year are slim to none. Either way, they're still my team and I will never sway. This was my niner rant for the day, enjoy your week FNN!!

DEVOREFLYER
12-01-2014, 07:49 AM
Many of you are probably to young to remember or watch another scrambler or the name of Fran Tarkenton.

The Minnesota Vikings drafted Tarkenton in the third round of the 1961 NFL Draft, and he was picked in the fifth round of the 1961 AFL draft by the Boston Patriots. He signed with the Vikings. Tarkenton, 21, played his first National Football League game (and the Vikings' first game) on September 17 against the Chicago Bears coming off the bench to lead the Vikings to a come-from-behind victory by passing for 250 yards and four touchdown passes and running for another as the upstarts stunned the Bears 37–13. He is the only player in NFL history to pass for four touchdowns in his first NFL game.

He played for the Vikings from 1961 to 1966, during which time he frequently locked horns with head coach Norm Van Brocklin, who disdained the idea of a mobile quarterback, a concept that Tarkenton dramatically advanced in the NFL. Tarkenton was given the nicknames "The Mad Scrambler," "Frantic Fran," and "Scramblin' Fran" because he frequently ran around in the backfield to avoid being sacked by the opposition (among his other nicknames: "Sir Francis," used occasionally by Howard Cosell of ABC Sports).

Tarkenton was traded to the New York Giants in 1967 (for two first round, and two second round draft picks) and played there for five seasons. His efforts helped the Giants rally from the NFL's basement (a 1-12-1 record in 1966) to better times. In the first game of the 1969 season, Tarkenton's Giants played the Vikings. After trailing 23-10 in the fourth quarter, Tarkenton threw two touchdown passes to secure a 24-23 comeback victory over his former team. The 24 points allowed by Minnesota's defense would be a season-worst for the unit that would finish #1 in dominant fashion.

Tarkenton was traded back to Minnesota in 1972, for three players plus a first and second round draft choice.[7] He led the Vikings to three Super Bowls in the 1970s, but lost all of them. In Tarkenton's first Super Bowl appearance they lost to the Miami Dolphins 24–7 in Houston, they lost the second to the Pittsburgh Steelers in a defensive struggle 16-6 in New Orleans, and in the last Super Bowl Tarkenton would ever play, the Vikings were blown out by the Oakland Raiders 32-14 at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena.

Tarkenton won the NFL's MVP award after the 1975 season, capturing All-Pro honors in the process. Tarkenton was also second Team All-Pro in 1973 and earned All-NFC selection in 1972 and 1976. He was named second Team All-NFC in 1970 and 1974. Tarkenton was selected to play in nine Pro Bowls.

In his 18 NFL seasons, Tarkenton completed 3,686 of 6,467 passes for 47,003 yards and 342 touchdowns, with 266 interceptions. Tarkenton's 47,003 career passing yards rank him 6th all time, while his 342 career passing touchdowns is 4th all time in NFL history.[8] He also is fifth on the all-time list of wins by a starting quarterback with 124 regular season victories. He also used his impressive scrambling ability to rack up 3,674 rushing yards and 32 touchdowns on 675 carries. During his career, Tarkenton ran for a touchdown in 15 different seasons, an NFL record among quarterbacks. He ranks fourth in career rushing yards among quarterbacks, behind Randall Cunningham, Steve Young and Michael Vick. He is also one of two NFL quarterbacks ever to rush for at least 300 yards in seven different seasons; the other is Tobin Rote. Inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 1986. Vikings head coach Bud Grant flatly called Tarkenton "the greatest quarterback who's ever played." When he retired, Tarkenton held NFL career records in pass attempts, completions, yardage, and touchdowns; rushing yards by a quarterback; and wins by a starting quarterback.

Despite not winning a Super Bowl, he won six playoff games, and in 1999 he was ranked number 59 on The Sporting News list of the 100 Greatest Football Players. He was also known to heave the ball deep on third and long with no regard to an interception. He stated this was due to the great defense his teams had.

One of the more difficult losses of Tarkenton's career occurred during the 1975 NFC Divisional Playoffs. With what was considered by some observers[citation needed] to be the best team of their Purple People Eater era, the Vikings lost to the Dallas Cowboys 17-14 on a hail Mary touchdown pass from Dallas quarterback Roger Staubach to wide receiver Drew Pearson. The play so incensed the crowd that one fan fired a whiskey bottle from the stands, striking official Armen Terzian in the head. This was partly responsible for the banning of glass bottles at arenas around the country. Common Vikings folklore blames this incident for many future calls that referees made against the Vikings, and has been termed "Terzian's Revenge". Tarkenton also lost his father, who died while he was watching the game; it had been rumored that the "Hail Mary Pass" caused the cardiac arrest, but in fact Mr. Tarkenton died during the middle of the third quarter. It was a disappointing end to a spectacular season for the Vikings. They had finished the season with an NFC best 12-2 record and Tarkenton had won the NFL Most Valuable Player Award, and the NFL Offensive Player of the Year Award.

basshole1
12-01-2014, 08:07 AM
Devore, unfortunately, I was too young to be able to watch Tarkenton play. I have seen highlights and Bud Grant is not alone in saying that Tarkenton was the greatest all-around QB ever. However, I did have the privilege of hearing him speak at a business conference that I attended because of work. He was very charismatic in his speech and extremely humble for such an accomplished man. Like Marino, Jim Kelly and others, it's a shame he never won the big game.

DEVOREFLYER
12-01-2014, 08:22 AM
When I worked for an International Corporation I had the good fortune to be in a position to hire speakers for our national sales meetings. Fran Tarkington was one of the speakers I hired and he was indeed a great speaker. I also hired Terry Bradshaw and Lou Holtz at different times. Terry was also great but the best ever was Lou Holtz.

I think the biggest problem in sports today is with the high pay given to many athletes is the game plan to not put them in situations that they become injured. When you take an athletes strongest tools away (scrambling ability) from him and attempt to mold him into something he is not (pocket passer) the outcome can not be good.

cutbait
12-01-2014, 08:30 AM
My :My Two Cents: regarding the niners: As a true and die-hard niner fan, this team needs to make some serious adjustments or outright changes in personnel. Let's start with No. 7. Watching Kap play this year is frustrating beyond words. Roman and Harbaugh's attempt to convert Kap into a pocket passer is completely taking him out of his element and negatively affecting his decision making on the field. With that being said, even if Kap were to be "set free" and the team allowed him to revert back to a similar playing style of previous years, I strongly believe Kap is NOT the franchise QB that the niners have been looking for. You see, I've never been a fan of the mobile quarterback. Sure they have incredible athletic ability, are entertaining to watch and may propose a headache to opposing offensive coordinators; but they are too vulnerable and history has proven that they cannot elevate their respective teams to a championship status. I strongly believe a pocket passer who retains in-depth knowledge of the game along with good DECISION making ability will always persevere versus flash and athletic talent. I think we can agree that this holds true in any sport. However, there is always an exception to the rule, and this anomaly goes by the name of Russell Wilson. BUT, even Russell Wilson uses his athletic ability to evade the rush and PASS the ball the down field, providing an opportunity for his receivers to make a play. Sure he runs the ball, but it seems as though he's off to the races when the situation calls for it and not solely because his athletic ability allows him to do so. In other words, it's the best and right move given the determining factors on the field. It kills me to say this, but Wilson's DECISION making ability is fantastic. This is very different to the Mike Vick's or last year's Colin Kaepernick. If Wilson didn't play for the dang s--thawks, he just might be my favorite QB. Still, give me a Matt Ryan or a Joe Flacco any day of the week. They may not be Brady or Rodgers, but I'll take them over Newton and RG3 in half a heartbeat. The only good thing that we have with Kap is the sh---y @$$ contract he signed with the franchise. The number is $126 million, but he is guaranteed almost none of it and we have the right to release him at any given time. Trent Baalke is no dummy, +1 for the franchise. Harbaugh, keep him, trade him, I could care less. Crabtree = Garbage. Why does Vernon Davis have less than 25 receptions thus far? Get him involved...that's one guy that can spread the field and create nightmarish matchups for defenses. Speaking of defense, our defense is playing nice. Second in the league....with all the injuries and off the field drama, two of our best LB's out, I'll take it. I really like how Borland has stepped up and made an impression filling in for Willis. He's gonna be a good one. Bethea was a decent addition as well. In conclusion, the remaining schedule is not in our favor. I don't see us beating the seahawks on the road or the cards at home. With that being said, our chances of making the playoffs this year are slim to none. Either way, they're still my team and I will never sway. This was my niner rant for the day, enjoy your week FNN!!

My favorite 9 ER fan... a reasonable one

City Dad
12-01-2014, 09:07 AM
Many of you are probably to young to remember or watch another scrambler or the name of Fran Tarkenton.

The Minnesota Vikings drafted Tarkenton in the third round of the 1961 NFL Draft, and he was picked in the fifth round of the 1961 AFL draft by the Boston Patriots. He signed with the Vikings. Tarkenton, 21, played his first National Football League game (and the Vikings' first game) on September 17 against the Chicago Bears coming off the bench to lead the Vikings to a come-from-behind victory by passing for 250 yards and four touchdown passes and running for another as the upstarts stunned the Bears 37–13. He is the only player in NFL history to pass for four touchdowns in his first NFL game.

He played for the Vikings from 1961 to 1966, during which time he frequently locked horns with head coach Norm Van Brocklin, who disdained the idea of a mobile quarterback, a concept that Tarkenton dramatically advanced in the NFL. Tarkenton was given the nicknames "The Mad Scrambler," "Frantic Fran," and "Scramblin' Fran" because he frequently ran around in the backfield to avoid being sacked by the opposition (among his other nicknames: "Sir Francis," used occasionally by Howard Cosell of ABC Sports).

Tarkenton was traded to the New York Giants in 1967 (for two first round, and two second round draft picks) and played there for five seasons. His efforts helped the Giants rally from the NFL's basement (a 1-12-1 record in 1966) to better times. In the first game of the 1969 season, Tarkenton's Giants played the Vikings. After trailing 23-10 in the fourth quarter, Tarkenton threw two touchdown passes to secure a 24-23 comeback victory over his former team. The 24 points allowed by Minnesota's defense would be a season-worst for the unit that would finish #1 in dominant fashion.

Tarkenton was traded back to Minnesota in 1972, for three players plus a first and second round draft choice.[7] He led the Vikings to three Super Bowls in the 1970s, but lost all of them. In Tarkenton's first Super Bowl appearance they lost to the Miami Dolphins 24–7 in Houston, they lost the second to the Pittsburgh Steelers in a defensive struggle 16-6 in New Orleans, and in the last Super Bowl Tarkenton would ever play, the Vikings were blown out by the Oakland Raiders 32-14 at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena.

Tarkenton won the NFL's MVP award after the 1975 season, capturing All-Pro honors in the process. Tarkenton was also second Team All-Pro in 1973 and earned All-NFC selection in 1972 and 1976. He was named second Team All-NFC in 1970 and 1974. Tarkenton was selected to play in nine Pro Bowls.

In his 18 NFL seasons, Tarkenton completed 3,686 of 6,467 passes for 47,003 yards and 342 touchdowns, with 266 interceptions. Tarkenton's 47,003 career passing yards rank him 6th all time, while his 342 career passing touchdowns is 4th all time in NFL history.[8] He also is fifth on the all-time list of wins by a starting quarterback with 124 regular season victories. He also used his impressive scrambling ability to rack up 3,674 rushing yards and 32 touchdowns on 675 carries. During his career, Tarkenton ran for a touchdown in 15 different seasons, an NFL record among quarterbacks. He ranks fourth in career rushing yards among quarterbacks, behind Randall Cunningham, Steve Young and Michael Vick. He is also one of two NFL quarterbacks ever to rush for at least 300 yards in seven different seasons; the other is Tobin Rote. Inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 1986. Vikings head coach Bud Grant flatly called Tarkenton "the greatest quarterback who's ever played." When he retired, Tarkenton held NFL career records in pass attempts, completions, yardage, and touchdowns; rushing yards by a quarterback; and wins by a starting quarterback.

Despite not winning a Super Bowl, he won six playoff games, and in 1999 he was ranked number 59 on The Sporting News list of the 100 Greatest Football Players. He was also known to heave the ball deep on third and long with no regard to an interception. He stated this was due to the great defense his teams had.

One of the more difficult losses of Tarkenton's career occurred during the 1975 NFC Divisional Playoffs. With what was considered by some observers[citation needed] to be the best team of their Purple People Eater era, the Vikings lost to the Dallas Cowboys 17-14 on a hail Mary touchdown pass from Dallas quarterback Roger Staubach to wide receiver Drew Pearson. The play so incensed the crowd that one fan fired a whiskey bottle from the stands, striking official Armen Terzian in the head. This was partly responsible for the banning of glass bottles at arenas around the country. Common Vikings folklore blames this incident for many future calls that referees made against the Vikings, and has been termed "Terzian's Revenge". Tarkenton also lost his father, who died while he was watching the game; it had been rumored that the "Hail Mary Pass" caused the cardiac arrest, but in fact Mr. Tarkenton died during the middle of the third quarter. It was a disappointing end to a spectacular season for the Vikings. They had finished the season with an NFC best 12-2 record and Tarkenton had won the NFL Most Valuable Player Award, and the NFL Offensive Player of the Year Award.

That's Incredible.

Mr T-rex
12-01-2014, 10:08 AM
Preach brother preach!! well said

Mr T-rex
12-01-2014, 10:09 AM
Proved me wrong
Arizona still isn't a superbowl team :)

Two things this thread reminds me of.

#1. Cutbait is still a troll.

#2. Trex still throws **** at the wall to see what sticks... Last year he said. " mark my words... Sea isnt for real"

City Dad
12-01-2014, 10:31 AM
I know it's vindictive and petty but when Sherman and Wilson were seated in front of that turkey on the SF emblem, I couldn't help but smile inwardly at the thought of all the sour-puss bay-area fans spitting out their free range turkey and locally sourced greens in disgust.

cutbait
12-01-2014, 10:46 AM
I know it's vindictive and petty but when Sherman and Wilson were seated in front of that turkey on the SF emblem, I couldn't help but smile inwardly at the thought of all the sour-puss bay-area fans spitting out their free range turkey and locally sourced greens in disgust.

Without intentionally spoiling your dream here. 9er fans had turned off the game in the 3rd and I think they left in the beginning of the 4th, so I don't think 9er fans actually saw what you describe

Mr T-rex
12-01-2014, 12:38 PM
Saw every minute of it and hey no excuses we got a beat down and the better team won. they came and took over fisherman's Wharf, Possibly took us out of the playoffs, and ate turkey on our Logo what a sad thanksgiving. The good thing is that we play the raiders this sunday and we get another shot at seattle Dec14th
Playoffs still up for grabs

Without intentionally spoiling your dream here. 9er fans had turned off the game in the 3rd and I think they left in the beginning of the 4th, so I don't think 9er fans actually saw what you describe