PDA

View Full Version : DFW be planting less & smaller fish in 2015!!!!

Sierra_Smitty
11-21-2014, 09:51 AM
This was brought to my attention yesterday in a fisheries commission meeting about why we got screwed in September & October of 2014....it's going to get worse ladies & gentleman....much worse. This is not BS, this is the real deal.

https://nrm.dfg.ca.gov/FileHandler.ashx?DocumentID=91004&inline

HawgZWylde
11-21-2014, 10:10 AM
Yup, and the more you pay, the less you get. Gotta love how they balance the budget. You'd think people learned a lesson when the term "fuzzy numbers" was created. And those mandates and regulations will have fishing in Cali irrelevant in short order anyways. But hey, they get what they vote for and all it's unintended consequences too.

Thanks for posting this from those of us who are paying attention Smitty...

sierraslam
11-21-2014, 10:37 AM
Hard to imagine planting smaller fish than some of the little bows I caught out of Rock Creek Lake. I think it's time to seriously consider barbless hooks, and a 2 fish over 12 inch limit for the entire Sierras. Some areas should be no take at all. (Rush Creek) Times they are a changing.

Sierra_Smitty
11-21-2014, 11:16 AM
Hard to imagine planting smaller fish than some of the little bows I caught out of Rock Creek Lake. I think it's time to seriously consider barbless hooks, and a 2 fish over 12 inch limit for the entire Sierras. Some areas should be no take at all. (Rush Creek) Times they are a changing.

I don't think changing the limit or regulations explains where our fishing license dollars are going or resolves the issue at the core of this. What they're proposing is slashing their budget while continuing to raise our license fees which is complete and utter BS. They're trying to stock what was historically considered in hatchery terms "sub-catchables" instead of pan sized 10-12" fish and less of them, and using those funds for other purposes, which if you read between the lines means keeping people FROM fishing.

HawgZWylde
11-21-2014, 11:33 AM
I don't think changing the limit or regulations explains where our fishing license dollars are going or resolves the issue at the core of this. What they're proposing is slashing their budget while continuing to raise our license fees which is complete and utter BS. They're trying to stock what was historically considered in hatchery terms "sub-catchables" instead of pan sized 10-12" fish and less of them, and using those funds for other purposes, which if you read between the lines means keeping people FROM fishing.

This is the bottom line Smitty...

gogreeenz4
11-21-2014, 11:57 AM
keepin um snack size sounds good to me......

Sierra_Smitty
11-21-2014, 12:02 PM
keepin um snack size sounds good to me......

Thank you for adding nothing to the conversation.

gogreeenz4
11-21-2014, 12:06 PM
add nothing?? maybe ill be a perfect fit for the DFG I am going to apply

sierraslam
11-21-2014, 12:44 PM
What ever happened to AB7, which passed, and Arnold signed? That bill was supposed to allocate 33% of all fishing license revenue back to hatcheries and fish habitat. I agree, changing the regs. and limits does not explain anything. I'm just thinking about how to preserve what's left. Maybe that's exactly how our "government" wants us thinking though. Throw us some small bones, and we'll regulate ourselves out of fishing completely trying to hold on to 6 inch trout.

sierraslam
11-21-2014, 01:22 PM
Are the DFG and DFW the same government entities, or separate departments?

HawgZWylde
11-21-2014, 01:39 PM

The same. DFW is considered more PC...

Sierra_Smitty
11-21-2014, 02:19 PM

The Department of Fish & Game was officially renamed Department of Fish & Wildlife back in 2012. Their focus has shifted to preventing us from harvesting fish & game so I suppose it was an appropriate name change.

Here is the text of the bill.
http://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/billNavClient.xhtml?bill_id=201120120AB2402