PDA

View Full Version : Sunday 11/16 Silverwood

Dci4me
11-16-2014, 06:27 PM
Got all of my honey-do list done early this week. Had my daughter's 3rd birthday party on Saturday at our house. Got the okay to hit sunset at Silverwood today. Let me just start of by saying how humbling of a trip this was. This trip was one big epic fail.

I got a bunch of new Lucky Crafts and was excited to try them out. Left the house at 2:00 p.m. and got to the lake at about 2:45. Started off with LC Sammy 115 in American Shad and LC Kelly J Prop in Aurora Black. Wind was pretty steady around 10-12ish mph gusting up to maybe 20 mph. I was having a lot of trouble casting into the head wind. Picked up from the marina area and started to drive towards the Cleghorn day use area. Gate closed. I parked and thought I would hike over there. No way. I don't know the area and instantly saw myself getting lost on the hike back at night and showing up on 5 o'clock news. Back to the car and towards the marina again. Figured I would just deal with the wind....

Sun is setting now and I start to tie on the MS Black Sammy. Managed to get the front hook buried half way into my index finger! :Embarrassed::mad::!!!:

Geesh. Never done that before. Guess I should add a first aid kit into my tackle bag. I didn't really know what to do. It was bleeding pretty bad. Saw a couple guys in tubes beaching so I headed over towards them. Finished the job and pushed the hook all the way through, guy on tube helped me clip off just below the barb so I could pull the hook back out. The puncture became a flowing spigot of blood.

So the tackle junkie in me notices these two guys nice swimbait outfits and I forget all about my injury and start talking shop :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Anyways, fishing day cut short but many lessons learned.

Thanks to the guy on the tube throwing swimbaits that helped administer first aid to me.

seal
11-16-2014, 06:36 PM
Nice swimbait guys? Isn't that kinda like an oxy moron? Could have been me I was intending to play a couple hours in that spot but laziness and football got in the way. Glad they were there to help.

Dci4me
11-16-2014, 08:11 PM
I sure am glad they were there also, or else I was going to have to get my nice pretty backpack all bloodied up digging in there for the pliers. :LOL: