PDA

View Full Version : stick and move 11\15

howstar
11-15-2014, 08:17 PM
Made the Taft mission again with the wife and baby. We hit up a bunch of siphons some open running water and a gate. Ended up with one this time. Barely legal if was. If nothing else it was a moral victory. Thank you cutbait for some of your insights. It was very kind of you help sharpen my focus. Looking forward to next weekend :Twisted:

Fishbones
11-15-2014, 08:31 PM
Congrats on the skunk beater.

cutbait
11-15-2014, 08:33 PM
Hardcore family to drive up from long beach and fish the duct!..

Next time it will be two

wildlife
11-17-2014, 08:18 AM
I think I seen you at Cadet Rd. in the AM . Not too many people out at the spots we fished , glad you got out with the family.

howstar
11-19-2014, 06:27 AM
We were there, tried the gate for little. Then a bit further down. It could of been us. If you were the fluke fisherman it was a pleasure meeting you. If not, I look forward to meeting you there. Cause I'm going back! I know I can catch one there.

cutbait
11-19-2014, 07:11 AM
I think I seen you at Cadet Rd. in the AM . Not too many people out at the spots we fished , glad you got out with the family.

No report wildlife?

wildlife
11-19-2014, 08:57 AM
Well , nothing to brag about . We did manage 4 a piece , the smallest was 17" and the biggest was 20" . We tried top water and LC's , had one follower on the pointer . Then I tied on a pointer I got for free from Hiro last year and caught a 18"er . The rest came on the flukes , lots of bait everywhere and only one or two fish boils no wolf packs . We hit four spots then visited a friend that lives off Ming ,did pick up a sweet .300 win mag for $200.00 from him with less than 20 rounds fired from it .

cutbait
11-19-2014, 09:43 AM
Well , nothing to brag about . We did manage 4 a piece , the smallest was 17" and the biggest was 20" . We tried top water and LC's , had one follower on the pointer . Then I tied on a pointer I got for free from Hiro last year and caught a 18"er . The rest came on the flukes , lots of bait everywhere and only one or two fish boils no wolf packs . We hit four spots then visited a friend that lives off Ming ,did pick up a sweet .300 win mag for $200.00 from him with less than 20 rounds fired from it .

WTH? That's a great report! Post some up!..

Which win mg? 200 is a steal... though I'm done with big guns here in Cali. Nothing in Cali requires a ought 6 or 7 mag or .300 win mag.

I'm sticking .270 or less. My shoulder tells me so. My next gun will be a .20 game Semi

wildlife
11-19-2014, 11:25 AM
Well the way you Bako Boys slay I thought we only did fair .LOL Plus someone posted , no pics it didn't happen. LOL
It's a Savage 110 , I think his uncle bought it in the 90's . I meant to post how nice your boat looked when you rebuilt it , fine job .