PDA

View Full Version : New Blog up on the Website.

Matt_Magnone
11-14-2014, 02:58 PM
Hey guys, just wanted to let you know that we put up a new blog on the site in the series "Picking the Right Jig"

Picking the Right Jig Part 4 "Choosing a Jig Trailer (http://www.lastchancetackle.com/blog/content/pickjig4.aspx)

This blog I go into a couple of my favorite jig trailers and why I like them.

Thank you all for the continued support on the water, online and in the tackle shop.

-Matt

HawgZWylde
11-14-2014, 03:14 PM
Good stuff Matt. Lol, dude you're giving away our secrets man...

noleash
11-14-2014, 03:54 PM
Hey guys, just wanted to let you know that we put up a new blog on the site in the series "Picking the Right Jig"

Picking the Right Jig Part 4 "Choosing a Jig Trailer (http://www.lastchancetackle.com/blog/content/pickjig4.aspx)

This blog I go into a couple of my favorite jig trailers and why I like them.

Thank you all for the continued support on the water, online and in the tackle shop.

-Matt

Now Loose the Trolling Motor...... turn ALL graphs off.... through your buddy overboard before you get to "The Spot".....Anchor up behind some underwater or above stucture....make a long cast....then Pick Away!....EEEE HAAAA....Fish ON!::Shocked:

noleash
11-15-2014, 08:01 AM
Now Loose the Trolling Motor...... turn ALL graphs off.... through your buddy overboard before you get to "The Spot".....Anchor up behind some underwater or above stucture....make a long cast....then Pick Away!....EEEE HAAAA....Fish ON!::Shocked:

Through??....NO.....THROW your buddie overboard.....There you go!:Big Grin:

Matt_Magnone
11-15-2014, 09:43 AM
You've seen my boat right? There's a reason I took out the passenger seat and use it for rod storage :LOL:

My goal every year has been to learn the art of double anchoring for big fish but whenever I try it out, my mind wanders and I go back to spot hopping. This year man. I got 2 new anchors this past year.

noleash
11-15-2014, 10:34 AM
You've seen my boat right? There's a reason I took out the passenger seat and use it for rod storage :LOL:

My goal every year has been to learn the art of double anchoring for big fish but whenever I try it out, my mind wanders and I go back to spot hopping. This year man. I got 2 new anchors this past year.

Yea BUT with one anchor and some wind you can use the "Sweeping" motion of your boat to fan cast 20 more angles...Just Don't tell anybody....And let the "TEAM" blow out every spot so I can come in behind them after 15 min and stick some Piggies..:LOL:

noleash
11-15-2014, 06:03 PM
All "Joking" aside.....Matt' these are GREAT write ups and although Jig fishing does require slowing WAY down, being as Stealth as posible,patience,and not MELTING on BASS PRO when he runs over your s--t,the rewards can defiantly be worth the sacrifice!:Shocked: literly <10 % of my fish are under 2#s most being 3-5# even when everyone is having a tough go at it! You my not get "Alot" but the ones you do get are memorable!:Cool: P.S The Smallmouth absolutly LOVE them!

HawgZWylde
11-15-2014, 08:45 PM
Matt these are very good and informative blogs regarding the use of jigs, which is my go to year round bait. If you don't mind I'd like to share some of the jigs I painted and tied up. Each of these jigs represent the time of year, day, daylight or lack there of, water clarity and each has it's place to be used depending on the terrain. These particular jigs are all 3/8-1/2oz football heads and I rarely if ever use anything heavier. All these jigs catch fish and if you go to Matts blogs you can pick up on the intel on where and when to throw the various sizes and colors;
http://i1303.photobucket.com/albums/ag145/Hawgz_Wylde/20140212_123740_zps619f0c88.jpg (http://s1303.photobucket.com/user/Hawgz_Wylde/media/20140212_123740_zps619f0c88.jpg.html)

Matt_Magnone
11-15-2014, 09:40 PM
No secret here. Those that love the jig put good ones in the boat. besides the swimbait, there's few techniques that consistently produce better than average fish. Those are some great looking jigs man.

Yeah Steve. One of these days I'm gonna bust out the seat post and high back seat and anchor. I've been wanting to work 1 or 2 spots all day. It gets old burning fuel, wasting money and running around the lake 3,000 times.

This is my DVL personal best 14.3 on a 1/2oz Brown/Green Pumpkin jig and a Jackall Sasuteki Craw.

camo
11-15-2014, 10:47 PM
Hawgzwylde bottom row second from the left is that a Yamamoto craw with dyed jjs claws?

noleash
11-15-2014, 11:23 PM
Matt these are very good and informative blogs regarding the use of jigs, which is my go to year round bait. If you don't mind I'd like to share some of the jigs I painted and tied up. Each of these jigs represent the time of year, day, daylight or lack there of, water clarity and each has it's place to be used depending on the terrain. These particular jigs are all 3/8-1/2oz football heads and I rarely if ever use anything heavier. All these jigs catch fish and if you go to Matts blogs you can pick up on the intel on where and when to throw the various sizes and colors;
http://i1303.photobucket.com/albums/ag145/Hawgz_Wylde/20140212_123740_zps619f0c88.jpg (http://s1303.photobucket.com/user/Hawgz_Wylde/media/20140212_123740_zps619f0c88.jpg.html)

Geeeezzzz Dude ....Don't leave any of THOSE things laying around or else I'm going to eat all :Rolls Eyes:of them! :Shocked:

camo
11-15-2014, 11:29 PM
Hell yeah matt just like you guys I can't stop throwing the damn jig either. **** I'm even rocking the same setup megabass orochii xx Aaron martens flipping stick and an Abu mgx you talked me into to getting over a dx745. Look at your toes cringing taking that picture haha it tells so many emotions

noleash
11-16-2014, 12:06 AM
Yeah Steve. One of these days I'm gonna bust out the seat post and high back seat and anchor. I've been wanting to work 1 or 2 spots all day. It gets old burning fuel, wasting money and running around the lake 3,000 times.
HA HA HA....GOOD LUCK SAILOR....:LOL:

CrouchingNinjaHiddenFish
11-17-2014, 03:25 PM
I need to get me somejigs

Stinkbait
11-18-2014, 01:31 PM
Is there a trailer, matt/pig, you would select for pure junk fishing, running deep bank?

Matt_Magnone
11-18-2014, 09:11 PM
It totally depends on the conditions and action you're looking for. If I'm searching a new body of water, 9/10 I'll throw on a Yamamoto Flappin Hog.or a Netbait Paca Punch